I limo tinted my rear sides, rear hatch, side markers and rear marker. As any tint whatsoever on the drivers and passengers sides are illegal in AB, I went with a 35% tint on those to hopefully not attract too much attention. Just in case, when my radar detector goes off, I slow down AND I roll my windows down.... lol....

I limo tinted my rear sides, rear hatch, side markers and rear marker. As any tint whatsoever on the drivers and passengers sides are illegal in AB, I went with a 35% tint on those to hopefully not attract too much attention. Just in case, when my radar detector goes off, I slow down AND I roll my windows down.... lol....

In my area the cops have speed traps in the same place on a daily basis and I know when I drive the car in that area I think they are going to harass me for other things other than speed. I never go more than 10km/hr over the speed limit without issues but in those places I stay 5km/hr over. Then again I can always try a darker side tint and try my luck rolling the windows down in those areas. If that doesn't work I'll pay the fees take them off.

Radar detectors are illegal here and I'm not even going to try it.

If and when I buy all blacked out lambo style taillights I'll carry the paperwork to show they are legal.

The Oracle side markers aren't legal though.

In my area the cops have speed traps in the same place on a daily basis and I know when I drive the car in that area I think they are going to harass me for other things other than speed. I never go more than 10km/hr over the speed limit without issues but in those places I stay 5km/hr over. Then again I can always try a darker side tint and try my luck rolling the windows down in those areas. If that doesn't work I'll pay the fees take them off.

Radar detectors are illegal here and I'm not even going to try it.

If and when I buy all blacked out lambo style taillights I'll carry the paperwork to show they are legal.

The Oracle side markers aren't legal though.

I'll be more impressed seeing pictures of your car modded rather some internet pics. I've never had any hassles with the Oracle side markers.... even on the infamous Saskatewan window tint ticket day. 🤣

Ok I'm starting to gather ideas and suggestions to enhance the car I'm about to receive next week. I would of preferred the exterior color to be grey but I couldn't pass up on all the goodies, the red interior, the extended warranty and the price of this black 2016. I will probably put some decals or maybe a 1/4 wrap or something as I don't want it all black.

You started quite the tread here Tango and it makes for an interesting read... And while I am not a fan of the rear "wings", I also say why not? There seems to be a consensus that If you like it, go for it. Age has also come into discussion here, at the end of the day we are all car guys with different tastes but I'm pretty sure that to a degree, each one of us has added or changed something on their car. Car guys need to "own" their car :) I'll be 62 this year and I have not kept my car stock, most of my mods are subtle, but none the less they are mods. Congrats on your ride and enjoy it! Good to see that all the Bears here are good and mellow bears LOL!!!

That is too funny Rick9456... :) McGiver would be proud of you!

One interesting trivia item re this issue is that the flush mounted wings actually get the highest top-end speed numbers due to reduced drag. The two large ones being considered in this posting would definitely reduce top end speed. Just saying...

My 2017 C7 came with a small flush mounted spoiler and, with the Watkins Glen grey exterior and black wheels, cause it to be regularly mistaken for a Ferrari.

I have no trouble with smiling politely and thinking of the hundreds of thousands of dollars I am ahead, when that comment is made... :)

So go for it on the wings... Whatever makes you happy!

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
Have a look at the EOS replica of the ZTK wing in carbon flash...They have it in the Stingray size and GS/Z06 size for 1300$ US
1606876937801.png

I'm on the fence with the wing. A friend has a wing similar to the one that bolts to the chassis on his Z06 and it looks really good....but I would have removed the trunk spoiler after as it seems the car may have a identity crisis on what it's trying to do with the air. I love the black and red graphics on the first page. I really like when people do aggressive graphics on Corvettes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.