Dec 17, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2016 ZF1 Stingray
Province
QC
Ok I'm starting to gather ideas and suggestions to enhance the car I'm about to receive next week. I would of preferred the exterior color to be grey but I couldn't pass up on all the goodies, the red interior, the extended warranty and the price of this black 2016. I will probably put some decals or maybe a 1/4 wrap or something as I don't want it all black. This is the car I'm about to receive :

b3f6f9b8-0250-4e59-b89c-2c62d5f9853a.jpg

c604d3f4-45c8-4eea-8ed9-e40a0c688095.jpg

It seems there only 3 after market wings. I'm either going to go with these 2. :

Ivan Tampi Customs® - XIK Series II (aprox price : 1,500$ USD) This one is bolted to the chassis and the rear bumber has to have 2 slices cut and a steel backing. Install time is a full day of work.

xik_reardeck_wing_series2_8.jpg

xik_gt_wing_4.jpg

Or

APR Performance® - GTC-500 Carbon Fiber Adjustable Rear Wing (1664$ USD) This one is drilled through the rear hatch. I prefer the look of this wing. It might also affect the hatch struts and I might need to buy stiffer ones to keep the hatch open. Another thing I like is that the sides leaves room to be painted to accent the car.

c7gtcwing2.jpg

AS-107077_2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: tyho
Ok I'm starting to gather ideas and suggestions to enhance the car I'm about to receive next week. I would of preferred the exterior color to be grey but I couldn't pass up on all the goodies, the red interior, the extended warranty and the price of this black 2016. I will probably put some decals or maybe a 1/4 wrap or something as I don't want it all black. This is the car I'm about to receive :

View attachment 35345

View attachment 35346

It seems there only 3 after market wings. I'm either going to go with these 2. :

Ivan Tampi Customs® - XIK Series II (aprox price : 1,500$ USD) This one is bolted to the chassis and the rear bumber has to have 2 slices cut and a steel backing. Install time is a full day of work.

View attachment 35340
View attachment 35341

Or

APR Performance® - GTC-500 Carbon Fiber Adjustable Rear Wing (1664$ USD) This one is drilled through the rear hatch. I prefer the look of this wing. It might also affect the hatch struts and I might need to buy stiffer ones to keep the hatch open. Another thing I like is that the sides leaves room to be painted to accent the car.

View attachment 35344

View attachment 35343

Sorry . Not a fan. A Stage 3 Wickerbill would be the route I would go if I wanted to upgrade my spoiler. JMO but I find those a little over the top. But we only live once and if you like it, go for it.

Like I said... To each their own. If it cranks your tractor, plow right ahead with it...(sorry... farmer talk)...lol

Whatever floats your boat? :p :p

On the wrap or decals I intend to put on here's a few pictures that might offset the all looking black car. Any other ideas? I haven't found a picture yet but thick stripes that starts at the mirror all the way to the back accentuating the vents for the transmission and diff.

1Q3A2065.jpg

1Q3A2061.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-1016-Industries-Aero-Program-Header-1-1.jpg

Or maybe put a half wrap?

veneno_style_roadster_600.jpg

o.jpg

Zr1-2-2.jpg

Reactions: OL Yeller
Well, you are asking for OPINIONS , so don't take this personally but:

yuck.

Both the spoilers and the graphics. I (personally) don't think any of that goes with the C7 look. It's all a little bit too much "Fast and Furious" for my palate. I also don't quite understand what you're going for. In one post you say you want a "supercar", then you get one, then you want to make it look like (again, my OPINION) some "import tuner special". It just doesn't process in my mind, they just don't go together. A "supercar" doesn't need "flash" to be "flashy", they already are by their nature. That's why you don't see big swoopy graphics on an Enzo, or a McLaren, or a koenigsegg, or a pagani, etc, etc.....unless they're headed to the track that is. But then, all bets are off...sponsors, aerodynamics, etc. You may find one of those with a big wing, but it's almost always functional or retractable. Not much cosmetic stuff on a 200+ mph supercar....

But the caveat here is it's your car. Do what makes you happy. If that's big wings and flashy graphics, go get 'em! But don't be surprised if "the look" polarizes people on what they think of the car. Some will probably think it's cool, some will probably shake their head in dismissal and walk on by....and some, well, they just might not be at all kind about what they think.

Opinions. Funny things that they are......

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dannyboy
Well, you are asking for OPINIONS , so don't take this personally but:

yuck.

Both the spoilers and the graphics. I (personally) don't think any of that goes with the C7 look. It's all a little bit too much "Fast and Furious" for my palate. I also don't quite understand what you're going for. In one post you say you want a "supercar", then you get one, then you want to make it look like (again, my OPINION) some "import tuner special". It just doesn't process in my mind, they just don't go together. A "supercar" doesn't need "flash" to be "flashy", they already are by their nature. That's why you don't see big swoopy graphics on an Enzo, or a McLaren, or a koenigsegg, or a pagani, etc, etc.....unless they're headed to the track that is. But then, all bets are off...sponsors, aerodynamics, etc. You may find one of those with a big wing, but it's almost always functional or retractable. Not much cosmetic stuff on a 200+ mph supercar....

But the caveat here is it's your car. Do what makes you happy. If that's big wings and flashy graphics, go get 'em! But don't be surprised if "the look" polarizes people on what they think of the car. Some will probably think it's cool, some will probably shake their head in dismissal and walk on by....and some, well, they just might not be at all kind about what they think.

Opinions. Funny things that they are......

;)

I'm beginning to understand why the majority of Corvettes look stock on the street. I think most guys like the way it looks from factory because of their age. Based from what I see on this forum, members are in their 50's and 60's some in their 70's and probably accustomed to less vibrant themes. I lean towards the younger crowd who like designs on their cars. If my car was metallic orange then I wouldn't add any graphics.To me unless you really concentrate looking at it a black car looks very similar to another black non-descript family sedan when driving at speed. I've been watching u-tube videos with cars usually pimped out(Lambo's) and maybe it has desensitized me when a car looks exactly like it's another copy.

Just like in the video of Bowling green C7 factory, the commentator said it best. You can sell a young man's car to an old man but you can't sell and old man's car to a young man. It's the principle reason why the C7 looks so different from previous generation is to grab the younger generation.

Reactions: BDK and 12cents
I'm finding this thread entertaining.

I guess I fit in the 'young' demographic. Those two wings aren't my favourite, but I love a big, fat, functional wing on the back of a sports car. (I don't like 'ricer' wings that are 100% for looks).

Having been around a ZR1 with the fat wang on the back, I'd say go with the APR wing. APR is also a huge name in the motorsports industry. You know you'll get a good product.

Don't worry about reinforcing the rear hatch, unless they recommend it on their website. The wing will not produce enough force to cause any serious damage to the hatch lid. I have a friend with a V8-swapped Miata that he tracks. He's got a more aggressive wing on it, bolted straight to the rear trunk lid. He hasn't had any issues with it after 3 years of tracking with it at a high-downforce setting. 150 kmph is barely fast enough to make significant downforce.

For the record, I will be adding a fat wang to the back of my car and it will be welded onto the rear of the car. That being said, I'm doing it for function. I will be competing on the track with it, so yeah. That's a thing. Graphics will also go on my car, along with numbers and sponsors, #becauseracecar

I'm finding this thread entertaining.

I guess I fit in the 'young' demographic. Those two wings aren't my favourite, but I love a big, fat, functional wing on the back of a sports car. (I don't like 'ricer' wings that are 100% for looks).

Having been around a ZR1 with the fat wang on the back, I'd say go with the APR wing. APR is also a huge name in the motorsports industry. You know you'll get a good product.

Don't worry about reinforcing the rear hatch, unless they recommend it on their website. The wing will not produce enough force to cause any serious damage to the hatch lid. I have a friend with a V8-swapped Miata that he tracks. He's got a more aggressive wing on it, bolted straight to the rear trunk lid. He hasn't had any issues with it after 3 years of tracking with it at a high-downforce setting. 150 kmph is barely fast enough to make significant downforce.

For the record, I will be adding a fat wang to the back of my car and it will be welded onto the rear of the car. That being said, I'm doing it for function. I will be competing on the track with it, so yeah. That's a thing. Graphics will also go on my car, along with numbers and sponsors, #becauseracecar

Let me ask you this if you don't mind, what's your age? About the hatch I was only wondering if the struts were stiff enough to keep the hatch open while loading stuff in the trunk. I'm going to get the APR wing because I only saw one more and it was close to 4K and I wouldn't be comfortable paying that much.

What kind of graphics do you like?

Let me ask you this if you don't mind, what's your age? About the hatch I was only wondering if the struts were stiff enough to keep the hatch open while loading stuff in the trunk. I'm going to get the APR wing because I only saw one more and it was close to 4K and I wouldn't be comfortable paying that much.

What kind of graphics do you like?

My birth year is 1986.

Yes, I'm a Millennial.

I do not identify myself as a Millennial.

Now that we've got that out the way.

I wouldn't worry about weight. The wing is a carbon fiber composite with aluminum standoffs. The complete package is only about 15lbs or less. If the struts do struggle with them, I believe there are aftermarket struts available that have more force behind them.

My birth year is 1986.

Yes, I'm a Millennial.

I do not identify myself as a Millennial.

Now that we've got that out the way.

I wouldn't worry about weight. The wing is a carbon fiber composite with aluminum standoffs. The complete package is only about 15lbs or less. If the struts do struggle with them, I believe there are aftermarket struts available that have more force behind them.

A millennial I don't know, because it's around 2000 when becoming an adult and you'd be around 14 years old. I think you may be in the gray zone between the generation X(me) and a millennial. :p

"Millennials, also known as Generation Y (or simply Gen Y), are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, with 1981 to 1996 a widely accepted definition. "

Source: Millennials - Wikipedia

Each person's taste is something completely different and so it's been stated here. I'm not a fan of wings that have no function so something a bit smaller but not stock is what I'd lean towards. The graphics are very personal to every one of us. @Tango I love your comment about "if the car was metallic orange I wouldn't add any graphics", note my car. Haha. So with that how about a graphic in metallic orange? It sounds like you love the color, could get exactly what you want, then suggest working with a shop to get something you love that accentuates the car and make it look as nasty as you can imagine. My two cents is do the calipers and accent the interior in the orange as well. Working with a shop and people who do it for a living could help you see options you hadn't even considered! My opinion for what it worth. good luck with your car and enjoy it, springs coming, soon..................42839910_10156662529043529_7041308713801482240_o.jpg

Reactions: EJChevy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.