This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

C7 Unveiling

front seems too busy and the tailights are disappointing, I was hoping the spy shots were inaccurate...

My prediction ..............C6's will hold their value a little longer ....as I think many C6 owner's will hold off, at least for another year on buying the C7.

The market will be the true barometer , but I do believe that we will see some redesign in a few areas sooner than later .

I'm actually thinking GM has helped me save some money because I am now contemplating just doing some upkeep on my C6 rather than go for a C7 down the road...

Most comments I am seeing on Facebook are not good . The public , much like me is not really impressed .

Supervette Conversions is already getting ready to make a new rear and front , what does that tell you

To begin, I wouldn't be buying one anyway. However, I am pleased to note that I still own the last of the "Sting Rays". Get it?

I'm sure they'll be impressive as they approach on the streets and highways, but I won't hang my head in shame....nor should any of you.

It'll probably grow on us. I hope they sell a ton of them to keep the marque alive.

Very much agree with your statement

Well I think the new design has a lot going for it. I love the interior, that's for sure and the side curvy indentations are rather sexy...but, overall it's a bit too busy for my tastes. The fancy diagonal chrome air intake is a little much, as is the back window framing 'to me'...but there's absolutely no denying the beautiful curves the car has. Loving the longer front end too. Maybe all those added on parts are upgrades. IF so, well then something a little cleaner would certainly appeal to me a heck of a lot more.
Lots to love about this model...and I'm not hating the back brake lights, but...not sure I'm loving them either. Like I said...Some of those changes do make it a bit busy - at least for me.
Seeing one in person may change my views of course...but all and all I say well done. It's pretty stellar looking....and I'm sure will grow on many of us in time.

David

myself, I really like the car... like the front, body lines and the roof line. I HATE the tail lights!!! I could do without chrome accents on it as well but I'm sure that will be easy to fix in the after market in no time.

I think it will grow on people. There are people that have disliked every new generation. Some people don't like change.

It's good that everyone has a different opinion otherwise we would all be driving the same car.

I work and live in a very fast and changing environment. The technology in my industry (cutting tools) changes daily, so I embrace change, love it, thats how you stay ahead of the other guy.

I never get attached to any Vehicle, car or bike. Love them while I have them, then start all over again. So for me this is new C7 is refreshing, Can't wait to drive one.
I hope it takes off like wild fire & brings the C6 price down. Then I will buy a GS C6.

Just my opinion.

C7

Back to the rear of the door the car looks fine, then they lose it in the rear part. The flat back glass is too much of a kit car look. There is nothing here that would make me look forward to owning one. We are still more than happy with our 2005. I've been looking at a bunch of other pictures of the new Corvette on the internet and I think it might look a lot better in person. There aren't very many cars that I fall in love with at first glance. They have to grow on me.

Last edited:
.....I never get attached to any Vehicle, car or bike. Love them while I have them, then start all over again.

I understand that relationship, but I got mine so young that it's been a lifelong relationship. Longer than jobs....longer than homes....longer than a marriage. Longer than I've been a father. Were I to be offered a C7-Z06 in even trade, I wouldn't accept it.

Seems there isn't much time for tradition; for contemplation; for really getting to know an automobile; for smelling the roses anymore. I am absolutely committed to this car. No doubt, some young guy walking in to buy a new C7 in the near future will feel that way as he enters his own amazing journey. I wish him (or her) the ride I've had.

If it were up to me, I'd have called it the Corvette Zora, for without Duntov, none of us would be here.

Last edited:
Well....I've been in Corvette hibernation for some time now since selling mine, patiently waiting for the C7 to intro. This bad boy has ignited my Vette passion big time!

All I can say is WOW! The renderings did nothing for this car. I think they nailed it, I see Corvette 100% from the b-pillars forward, while I was on the fence about the rear end once I saw the Video (posted on Motor trend) and how great the tailights look I'm sold. It looks aggressive and has just the right amounts of smooth lines and edges. I just love it! I posted the pics on another forum used mostly by import loving hipsters from 18-36 and even they give it a thumbs up!

Im 34 and to me this is where they need to be design wise. Some traditions had to give to allow thie brand to grow, appeal to a wide group and not just the guys who yearn for 1964 again or who never want to see their current car look dated (no offence to anybody whatsoever meant) The new car keeps enough to be recognized as a Vette, yet brings that techno exotic look to the table.

I just love it! Good job Guys!

Console (sans the C4 extension on the right side of the gauges)
Seats (finally look a little more exotic)
The exhaust (althought we'll miss the exhaust plates
The front quarters
Hood

DISLIKES:

Camaro breaklights (although if they were unique not already on Camaros, I would be more into them)
Flat rear glass--to mee this is the worst part
GTR roofline
the Corvette flags on the rear (looks like a fire-chicken)
Steering Wheel

All-in-all I give it a pass--as I'm sure it will look better live and it will grow on me. I do bet the vert will look great though--just think that long hood with the rag will be sweet. That being said, GM really missed on the roofline and back glass. I really think my C6 is sexier--ans subtler too. These are supposed to be muscle cars that can perform in more than a straight line--but they don't have to look like ricers.

Busy was a great word--especially for the interior.

I didn't get the "I have to have one feeling like I did when I first saw a C6).

Last edited: