Well.... Like my old Grandpa used to say:
" If everyone liked the same things; then everyone would be after Grandma"

I think this C7 will grow on us all. From a tech stand point you have to love this new corvette. You may even find the tail lights acceptable in time. Yes, I think I do like it....

Now tell me this rear concept from Supervette's isn't 10X better than the GM version :

SupervetteC7Conceptrear.jpg

Now tell me this rear concept from Supervette's isn't 10X better than the GM version :

Waaaaay better. Looks fresh; but you can still tell it's a Vette. I hate the look of the new crossed flags emblem. Look like it belongs on a Firebird from the distance. And why the rear quarter windows? Looks like the old Fiero GT.

The Supervettes idea could become popular, at least amongst us older guys who tend to get stuck in the past with our round tail light mentality. Companies just seem to be running out of ideas when going for a different look. The C7 is an evolutionary step up from the C6. It looks like they have taken a C6 and exaggerated the lines and added scoops and vents. With all the improvements under the skin, I would imagine that this new Vette, even in base trim, will impress anyone who tries it. We like our '05 and another 50 hp and 50 ft/lb of torque could only make the smile bigger.

I see it seems to now have a push button parking brake ...

I love the C5 , and the C6 ... the C7 , not so much . I'm thinking the aftermarket guys will be very busy and soon very wealthy ! :)

Top Down time

Ifs it not a convertible...:( maybe its not a "vette" ) :nono:

the convertible gets rid of the "hatchback crap"

Nice chrome wheels and its acceptable (2 cents)
chevrolet_corvette_actr34_ns_121912_815.jpg
[/IMG]

Oct2012036-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Since last night there's a lot more photos of it now, and I'm liking it more and more...What I still don't like is the new back window. It seems to have lost that curvy edge that the C6 has.
I can live with the brake lights...but that spoiler has got to go. There's a lot of awesome in this new model, but some rear end design choices aren't working for me.
Overall it is a win for GM I think, but I don't have that 'gotta have it' feeling...not at all actually.
Now, had they released the Stingray version from the Transformers then yea...Hell Yea that one would have really been a must have...but, for me this one here while pretty darn awesome just doesn't make me want it.
Sure that all might change if I see it in person some day but for the time being, no. I do however think they'll be well rewarded for the design changes they've made. Looks like a pretty smart risk...and it's pretty darn nice to have the Stingray name back in the market.

David

So far this is the best pic of it that I've seen...

C7Corvette_zpsee927cbd.jpg

Without a doubt the new C7 Corvette is pretty darn awesome...but, not feeling that back end hatch back window...or the rear spoiler for that matter, but that I'd assume that to be an add on option anyhow. Everything else is gorgeous. Side air intakes and front hood vent have since grown on me....but, my C6 was and 'still' is my dream car. So, no...I'm not going to upgrade. Regardless, congrats to GM for taking a well thought out risk and doing an awesome job with this redesign. :)

David

I must say, quite the mixed bag of opinions, which is the way it should be. I love the fact the CCF members can express their differing opinions and everyone respects each others' point of view. (I've actually seen some forums on the new C7 getting a little hot)!

To me, it's a beautiful car ... but it's not a Vette. While I really like what's under the hood, interior cockpit and technology, I find the exterior "clunky" and "choppy" with way too much going on. It seems to be missing the nice, smooth lines that's one of the many hallmarks of Corvette body stylings. The rear-end has lost its classic, signature look. While I do look forward to seeing one and driving one soon, the C7 is not for me. This is just one man's humble opinion. I do hope GM sells a ton of these to keep the Corvette Brand and Dream alive. Gonna go give my C5 a hug now. :D

See, to me getting rid of the curved back hatch glass was a good thing. 1- it cost in structural rigidity. 2- Its straight out of the 80's. I think the gains in structural rigidity were met mostly with the new rear glass design. I just love to see all the different opnions on this car on so many different forums. So far from what everybodys saying I think GM has a hit!

I'll allways remember when the C6 came out, there was so much hate for that car! From the headlights to the big behind to the 1980"s style back hatch. Well it turned out to be a pretty well loved car! I could just imagine if the internet were around when the C4 and C5 were revealed how much fur would have been flying on the forums......

I've seen the car in photos in Non-red and without black wheels and it's starting to look better to me .My favorite colors currently are Crystal red and Midnight blue and as an old person I don't care much for black wheels .A group of us we're watching last evening and the one odd thing was that none of us likes the Stingray emblem.We felt somehow it looked tacky and cheap .

Manny--this looks like pure sex!!

I would buy this in its first few years of production--for sure.

In comparing the two, the current GM look looks cheap from the back and I'm disliking it more and more. The rear-window I can live with, but the tail-end is just plain ugly. Too much going on, to "vertical--versus more angular on Manny's pic, and choppy. the subtle lines are gone--and too bad because up to that point it looks pretty good on the outside.

Oh--and after seeing the Viper claims versus actuals, I'll save my opinion on the engine as well. I don't think we'll see the 450 base as GM claims for some reason.....

They really "effed" up the flags and that rear-end. Same with a couple of the styling cues on the interior. Still--all-in-all I believe it will grow on people.

The tail-lights aren't the major cuplrit here (despite the camaro look)--it's the sum of its parts. The car just appears to abrupltly end....... with no rhyme nor reason.:swear:

Blind Spot

Regarding the blind spot, I thought our '05 would be a problem too. Once we got the mirrors set properly and used them, there really was no blind spot problem. I read an article on properly adjusting your mirrors and it works. We always back into parking spaces and with the remote mirrors tilted down, it's easy to hit the centre of the parking spot and when pulling out the blind spot isn't there interfering. The more I see of this car, the more that I think it will sell OK. Not a home run car but decent especially with the improvements in hp and the unseen structural changes. It might be hard for the average person to tell it from a Viper though.

Wonder what visibility is like around the rear quarter for the driver?
Current C6's are not good in that regard.

Tony
welland

I find that looking out my side mirrors both sides the visibility is excellent, the best car of all that I have owned the last 32 years I have owned many makes and models, from Camaro's to Riviera's, Suburban's and my pickup....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.