I will buy a 1989 TempošŸ˜
Now this I wouldnā€™t notice on a divided highway.

80D2B785-6613-4432-B4FD-EE46A71216AE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Dantanman
Oye......the mighty 3.0L stuffed inside!
Ford sold a ton of 4cyl's.
They had us working mandatory / max overtime at the Oakville plant......60 units an hr, and they might have pushed us to 66 for a while.
(someone printed up a couple thousand t-shirts back then....."We screw Fords together" Wish I still had mine)

Very cool, I had no idea you worked at the Oakville plant! We toured the F-150 plant years ago. Funny I only sold one loaded Tempo "sport" 2 door in all my years. The guy custom ordered it in Black, he was pretty pumped about it. We did very well with the basic 4 dr Tempo/Topaz, simple car, did nothing spectacular but did provide basic transportation for cheap. The 80's and early 90's were not stellar years for quality for most manufacturers.

Haha....I'm not sure what the opposite of stellar is, but.....

Just as the Torino was phased out, I started. '73.
There was roughly a 20 car gap in the line, and the ltd/marquis land barges started rolling.
The econoline was built there briefly.
So many parts went on finger tight......even fenders.
If numbers didn't matter so much, they really could build decent vehicles.
My neighbour works there. I retired in 96, and sadly, nothing has changed.

I'm assuming you were awed during the truck plant tour?
I was, my 1st couple days. Very interesting place to look at.

My vette was off the lot, but i nearly ordered one.
I had to laugh at the ~$6000 option to assist with the engine build! They'd have to pay me.

Enjoy the '89....ā˜ŗ

Yes the F-150 plant tour was amazing! When we asked the tour guide how you get a job here, he said "you have to be my son" haha. I have been with Ford for almost 30 years but am not brand loyal when it comes to sports/classic cars. It's what I do for a living, it's not who I am. If it's fast and cool I like it, regardless of brand. I get the odd person saying "why are you driving (insert brand here) and I tell them the same. Had many classic mopars and Chevy's. Love the 65 to 69 fastback Mustangs but nice ones are crazy expensive. My most radical one was probably this 69 GTX blown 528 hemi with steel, power tilt front end. Built in Brampton by A & D Performance.

Attachments

• _IMG_2674 (2).jpg
    _IMG_2674 (2).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: LE BARON and AxeZ06
The GTX! Wow! Doubt I've seen a nicer one!
Look at that stance!
I've loved anything from '69, since, forever.
Z28 being on top of my list (of cars I've never owned).
69's i had...an f85, supreme, 442, xr7, fairlane 500, gran prix sj 455 and likely more I've probably forgotten about.
None were "showroom", but I always needed something to get me to the line on time.
(now I'm thinkin about all the other countless loads I've owned)
The fairlane I mentioned caught fire on the way to work 1 day.
Going down the QEW, I thought everyone was waving to me.....so, I waved back. I got to the parking lot......everyone was yelling /waving.....me too, waving back. I got out, then see why everyone was frantic.
About 30 seconds after I got out, it blew up.
Someone said the rear brakes lit up.
Likely why it didn't stop so well.
Good 'ole days.

Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.