Re pricing, I factory ordered a 2019 GS Vert 1LT in October 2017 with select options, from a relative in the business. I took delivery mid May 2018. I was able to see dealer cost as well as MSRP. I paid $79,796 + tax and retail was $89,992 + tax, incl freight & PDI. So basically, the margin was $10k. In terms of options, I saw roughly a 25% increase from cost to MSRP, so basically every $1,000 in options cost was $750. Happy shopping!

Who would buy 1lt

Who would buy 1lt
We are not picky or choosy with who buys what Corvette model here ...
Carter Chev in Calgary bring in soooo many 1lt Rays & GS and they sell quickly.
If a buyer tells us - we welcome them - no different than M7 versus A8.
The smile is pretty much the same on each owner.

Intro yours in New Users .... guaranteed a warm welcome

Who would buy 1lt
I’d buy a 1lt gs and did buy a 1ZL z06. Can’t justify heated seats in summer I’d never use, ( hud for1lt, standard 1zl), passenger ps, an extra speaker and pdr for ~5 g’s. To each their own. Some would only consider 3lt or3zl...... They are all great....to the owner :thumbs::hearttransform:

We are not picky or choosy with who buys what Corvette model here ...
Carter Chev in Calgary bring in soooo many 1lt Rays & GS and they sell quickly.
If a buyer tells us - we welcome them - no different than M7 versus A8.
The smile is pretty much the same on each owner.

Intro yours in New Users .... guaranteed a warm welcome
Do they have a 3LT only forum :)

There were 9013 unsold Vettes lounging on the dealer's lots in the USA as of last week. This means you can cut a sharp deal, now that the pressure of a July release date for the C8 has been announced, it obviously will make it harder to sell those "old" cars off. Personally, I am quite disappointed with the C8 styling, it looks absolutely "nothing" Corvette about it, very much European instead.

Love the look of the C8. Can’t wait to see it in person....I know it doesn’t have round tail lights....but things evolve.... a vette that looks like an exotic, doesn’t get much better IMO
Just maybe the Corvette looks like an exotic over where those exotics are made. Round tail lights and single round headlights may have faded away but the cars are still great to look at.
Have always liked to look at the Lambos and Prancing Horses but the Corvette was and now is my dream car.
Hope to get a chance to sit in a C8 and see how it looks and feels. I am sure I will like it but doubt it will sway my mind or pocketbook.
I used to wonder if, sitting so far forward in those exotics, if they did not have pedals on the front wheels for that extra "boost" on take off. An extra 1 or 2 HP (Human Power) LOL

Last edited:
There were 9013 unsold Vettes lounging on the dealer's lots in the USA as of last week. This means you can cut a sharp deal, now that the pressure of a July release date for the C8 has been announced, it obviously will make it harder to sell those "old" cars off. Personally, I am quite disappointed with the C8 styling, it looks absolutely "nothing" Corvette about it, very much European instead.

I guess we will see what happens. My dealer in Red Deer doesn't appear too concerned. They advertised what worked out to 10% off MSRP all winter and have just raised the prices back to only 5% off for the 18 units they have on the lot. The C8 is a reveal only in July. I seriously doubt there will be any C8's in Canada before 2020... And at that I'd be surprised if we see more than 50 units cross the border...

I guess we will see what happens. My dealer in Red Deer doesn't appear too concerned. They advertised what worked out to 10% off MSRP all winter and have just raised the prices back to only 5% off for the 18 units they have on the lot. The C8 is a reveal only in July. I seriously doubt there will be any C8's in Canada before 2020... And at that I'd be surprised if we see more than 50 units cross the border...
Agree, and premium plus pricing will make the discounted C7 look like a heck of a bargain!

Reactions: frankmp
Agree, and premium plus pricing will make the discounted C7 look like a heck of a bargain!
lol...So by 2022 we will see some C8 stock on the lots...for the base model.... The Z06 or whatever they name it will be rare and subject to gouging prices... Then in 2023, when the Zora...or whatever is released, we won't see it here until 2024...and very few at that....much like the ZR1 is today... OR..... Sales of the C8 don't meet projections in the US and GM says... "send them all to Canada".....

See what happens when all we've heard about the C8 for over two years now is purely rumour and renders without a word from GM.... We start going stir crazy..... or is it just me.... :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.