Thanks Crinks for info.
Unfortunately if you want something bad enough you have to pay the price. This will be the last car I ever buy so wanted the options I ordered knowing dealer makes a good profit on them. I would assume having a relative at dealership helps your price on the C 7 somewhat? With over $10,000 dollars of options I'm thinking $82,000 total is about the best price I will get.

Thanks Crinks for info.
Unfortunately if you want something bad enough you have to pay the price. This will be the last car I ever buy so wanted the options I ordered knowing dealer makes a good profit on them. I would assume having a relative at dealership helps your price on the C 7 somewhat? With over $10,000 dollars of options I'm thinking $82,000 total is about the best price I will get.
My relative was able to connect me to a dealer that would sell for a few hundred over cost so yeah definitely helped out. Re options, the 25% margin was unavoidable for a custom order so I just sucked it up..

It would be interesting to see what people actually think dealers make on the average Corvette transaction. Not as much as many think I bet.

Reactions: Riley P
Since we are discussing production perspective.....

Corvette Model Year Total Production
C7 2018 9,686
C7 2017 32,782
C7 2016 40,689
C7 2015 34,240
C7 2014 37,288

It would be interesting to see what people actually think dealers make on the average Corvette transaction. Not as much as many think I bet.
As I shared my invoice cost of $79k and the MSRP of $89k on a 2019 GS Vert 1LT with options, it is clear the margin is very close to $10k and this was based on a custom order. I looked at 3LT's and even a Z06 and the margin only grew to $15k on the Z06. I'm sure dealers are cutting decent discounts if they're concerned about aging inventory.

Part of that "margin" is factory rebates. Actual margins from cost to retail run about 8%.
yeah, I asked about the rebate on mine, unfortunately there is no rebate on custom orders. In fact, there was a factory custom order line item on my invoice of $800 and I got it removed by the dealer.

Still, that’s some pretty amazing production numbers! I’m sure the low 2018 numbers are due to people wanting to see the ME Corvette and nearly everyone that wanted ,and had the means, to purchase a C7 has bought their C7 and will no real factory upgrades to each individual model, such as an hp increase, or interior, or new front and rear facias over the past 5 years, there is really no incentive to sell the ‘old’ C7 to get a new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.