Status
Not open for further replies.
As a C3 guy I always wave at other Vettes and if I'm the initiator I get return waves 90% of the time. Don't care what year Vette it is and I don't really get the "envy" thing. I drive my C3 because I love it and it's my time machine. No new car of any description can make me feel 25 again. Enjoy your Vette, be courteous, be kind and smile when you wave.........this crazy world needs more of that.
@75roadster, I couldn't agree with you more. Well said, happy motoring! 👋

I'm done waving to C7's, either they don't recognize the C8 as a Corvette coming towards them or their feelings are hurt as there is a new kid on the block stealing their limelight. I have lots of C3,C4,C5 wave to me so I think it's the second reason!
I have not seen a lot of C8s yet but the ones I have seen I didn't realize it was a Corvette until it was beside me. I have also found that the C7s are a bit more of a challenge to recognize until they are close. I have noticed a number of times in my C7 other Corvette drivers waving at the last minute as they realize that it is a Corvette.

interesting...around Montreal, I find that C7s rarely wave...only Z06, but none of the handful of C8s waved.
In fact one pulled up at a light beside me yesterday and stared straight ahead.
And this, compared to C6 and earlier vintages actually making a U-Turn to say hi. Heck,even a Mustang GT350 driver waved the other day...
And I am someone who really acknowledges ALL vintages ;-)
View attachment 43390
It's starting to look like some "professional development waving sessions" are needed in the Montreal area...

• Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Lots of times I will get a flash of the headlights and find myself starting to do that too. With tinted windows, it's often hard to see a wave unless your hand is out the window.

Call me old fashioned, but oncoming cars flashing lights means police ahead with a radar/LIDAR gun, so I immediately slow down. But having said that, the last time I saw anyone flashing lights because of a speed trap was about 3 months ago...then before that it was several years. So it seems people aren't giving out warnings the way they used to in years past and maybe that particular signal has lost its meaning?? But I get what you're saying: it's also a means of saying "hello".

Sorry: I took too long to post this and now see what others have said. So OK: it's agreed that multiple flashes mean police ahead whereas one flash is "hello".

I'm gonna be a C8 snob... no waving for me!
I'm going to break from tradition and only wave at 4x4's now...

That's unfortunate, but given much (not all) of the latest mentality, not unexpected. I sincerely hope that someday when overall Corvette appreciation, as opposed to only self-awareness and self-gratification, is realized... JMO

Ok ... we are all wavIng ...
but the horse
doesn’t wave back.

CADB2AA7-587B-4381-B2A9-22B34F982727.jpeg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Rihanna when she sees a C8 but some old fart in a C7 nothing! lol kidding guys

So are you sure you want to start s**t with the C7 guys? This should be entertaining at the very least. Remember most of these guys have had multiple corvettes and are not jumping on the generational bandwagon as so many have done. In a couple of years lots tof these guys will be driving C8 Z06s. And not little 1L cars either. I will be waiting patiently for this. haha

Well for me, that's why I'm in a C8 forum, I've never been interested in front engine vettes and I'm still not. Just not my bag. I should hope people can "handle that" if not move along.....

Another one who just doesn't get it. Yes this is a C8 thread but the C7 is in the title. It is also a Corvette forum... not a C8 forum. So you are not interested in general Corvette events in or getting to know the people behind the wheel then. Guess that should be clear by your non-existent support of the forum that you feel so entitled on. Very well enjoy your C8 and don't bother waving.

Myself and many I know will definitely be moving along. :clown:

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii
Status
Not open for further replies.