Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done waving to C7's, either they don't recognize the C8 as a Corvette coming towards them or their feelings are hurt as there is a new kid on the block stealing their limelight. I have lots of C3,C4,C5 wave to me so I think it's the second reason!

Lots of Vette drivers will wave just because you have a kewl car and lots still never wave whether it's a Corvette or not. Out here we have guys in minivans that can only wish waving at us...Just the way it is. The guys on the forum are 'Save the Wave' supporters and if they are not, well.... that's too bad, they just don't understand what owning a Corvette is all about. The Corvette is a classic American sports car, and from C1 to C8, we will flash the wave to all. Maybe you just got some snots around Petawawa or maybe they have no idea that you are driving a Vette and refuse to wave at a McLaren.... The wave is part of Vette life but I guess it's your choice if you want to live it or not. JMO

Lots of Vette drivers will wave just because you have a kewl car and lots still never wave whether it's a Corvette or not. Out here we have guys in minivans that can only wish waving at us...Just the way it is. The guys on the forum are 'Save the Wave' supporters and if they are not, well.... that's too bad, they just don't understand what owning a Corvette is all about. The Corvette is a classic American sports car, and from C1 to C8, we will flash the wave to all. Maybe you just got some snots around Petawawa or maybe they have no idea that you are driving a Vette and refuse to wave at a McLaren.... The wave is part of Vette life but I guess it's your choice if you want to live it or not. JMO
For the amount of Corvettes we have in the area, I would be lucky to see 3 or 4 in a day seems silly not to wave for now but gets me all pissy.

Then there is are these guys!
1598824341391.png

I try waving but sometimes the vette going in the opposite direction goes by too quick for me to realize it's a vette. As for the 1 or 2 C8's I've seen this year, I didn't wave because I didn't know it was a vette until they went by. Then I saw the tail lights and thought "Oh, that was a C8, nice car". Have to keep my eyes on the road. Too many drivers texting, eating donuts, drinking coffee while putting on makeup and reading a newspaper. Yup, seen the last one yesterday.

Maybe they are just safety conscious. Both hands on the wheel you know....10 and 2.

Maybe they are ashamed that they are only in a C7 and don't want to embarrass you with their presence.

Maybe they were looking down in the cockpit trying to figure out eco/weather/tour/sport/track.

Maybe they didn't get an invite to a C8 only get together and they are deeply hurt.

Maybe they just didn't see you.

Maybe they don't care.

I once got pissed off and chased down an old fart in a C5 who did not return a wave to me. He figured it out and went wild through freeway traffic to get away from me. I realized that the wave thing was going way too far. What was I going to do? Rip on him for not waving?... wow. Grew up a little bit that day. In Edmonton on Sunday evenings, there are many corvettes out cruising on nice days. Light traffic and blue early evening skies. I used to be one of them. About 25% of these Corvette pilots actually wave regardless of the generation. Oh well. Usually got lots of waves from guys in minivans or even Mustangs.
I get far more waves in my Hummer anyway as it is far more unique than a corvette. Granted some of them come from Prius heroes in the form of a middle finger...haha

How bizarre singling out and slagging C7 owners because they don't wave. Best laugh I have had today so far.

I'll give people the benefit of the doubt and suggest that most simply don't know it's a Corvette until they're passed it, if then. There are so few C8's on the road that it'll likely take more time for everyone to differentiate it from some of the other nicer sport cars. This being my first Corvette, I didn't realize there was a "wave thing" going on, so thanks for that heads-up. When I drove motorcycles for years, we'd wave at each other...except for the majority of Harley drivers (not all, but most) who wouldn't stoop to wave at "Jap crap" like my Honda Goldwings. I'll start practicing my "Corvette wave" now:

🙋‍♂️✋:howdie:✋🙋‍♂️

Last edited:
I'll give people the benefit of the doubt and suggest that most simply don't know it's a Corvette until they're passed it, if then. There are so few on the road that it'll likely take more time for everyone to differentiate it from some of the other nicer sport cars. This being my first Corvette, I didn't realize there was a "wave thing" going on, so thanks for that heads-up. When I drove motorcycles for years, we'd wave at each other...except for the majority of Harley drivers (not all, but most) who wouldn't stoop to wave at "Jap crap" like my Honda Goldwings. I'll start practicing my "Corvette wave" now.

While yes there are likely a small group of Corvette owners who may not know or care about the C8 release, It is hard to imagine most guys/gals with a Corvette would not be fully in the know about the C8 and looking for them. So I don't buy that they did not know. Plus when I got waves from Mclarens Fs or Lambos I waved back. Some guys just appreciate sweet cars and can think past their branded T-shirt and ballcap. I have had a guy with a Ferarri ask to trade cars for a romp at Cold Lake a couple of years ago. That was tempting.

And some guys are just dicks... 😂

Try hard not to paint every C7 fella with the same brush.
There was once a C8 fella who didn’t work out too well on here ...
and the last thing I want to take away from that is all C8 fellas are the same.
The Corvette fellas who don’t wave back likely have their own issue(s).
So I will not make their issue(s) mine when a wave is not returned...
Cheers
🤜🏻🤛🏻
👋🏻

Last edited:
I'm done waving to C7's, either they don't recognize the C8 as a Corvette coming towards them or their feelings are hurt as there is a new kid on the block stealing their limelight. I have lots of C3,C4,C5 wave to me so I think it's the second reason!
I hate everyone equally, so don't care what your driving - won't be waving - unless you're on a John Deere, Kubota, new Holland, Case, then you'll get two fingers off the top of the steering wheel😉

Reactions: Pep and Dantanman
Status
Not open for further replies.