Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG MAN!!! Take a chill pill bro. I am a car enthusiast and like a number of cars out there. I appreciate about what the Corvette represents, but the fact that I've never been interested in purchasing a Corvette because it's front engine design never appealed to me. I've been following the C8 development for years and put down my 5K well before the reveal event. If you can't handle the fact that some people are not into previous generations have a listen to what Tadge said about why they actually developed the C8.... to attract the younger buyers.... and that's exactly what they did with me. Also if you can't take a joke where I said I wouldn't wave... well that's your problem and maybe you need to seek professional advice. If I pass a Corvette and the driver waves, yet I'll wave back. Yes this is a Corvette forum, but I only post in the C8 threads. You need to learn to deal with the new reality that the front engine is gone (just like the stick shift) and the mid engine is here... with it's flappy paddles.

OMG MAN!!! Take a chill pill bro. I am a car enthusiast and like a number of cars out there. I appreciate about what the Corvette represents, but the fact that I've never been interested in purchasing a Corvette because it's front engine design never appealed to me. I've been following the C8 development for years and put down my 5K well before the reveal event. If you can't handle the fact that some people are not into previous generations have a listen to what Tadge said about why they actually developed the C8.... to attract the younger buyers.... and that's exactly what they did with me. Also if you can't take a joke where I said I wouldn't wave... well that's your problem and maybe you need to seek professional advice. If I pass a Corvette and the driver waves, yet I'll wave back. Yes this is a Corvette forum, but I only post in the C8 threads. You need to learn to deal with the new reality that the front engine is gone (just like the stick shift) and the mid engine is here... with it's flappy paddles.

You don't know me well enough to assume anything or take liberties with my humor or goodwill. I could not care less why you bought the car as you made it clear how you feel about other corvette generations and the owners. So no... I am done with you and your presumptuous arrogance.

You don't know me well enough to assume anything or take liberties with my humor or goodwill. I could not care less why you bought the car as you made it clear how you feel about other corvette generations and the owners. So no... I am done with you and your presumptuous arrogance.
And you don't know me either to assume anything or take liberties with my humour or goodwill. And I'm glad you could care less why I bought my car... because I bought it for ME and NOBODY else. You are correct that previous generations of corvettes are not for me. But could you please point out where I said anything negative about owners of corvettes?

I am begging your proclaimed good will @Sparro
Please join with @Jack Raccoon!
to get another $20 from my back pocket for this Corvette Forum.

Donations...
I have zero problems kicking in a twenty spot for a good cause. But if I'm gonna have to deal with a C7 guy trolling the C8 section and having an issue that front engine vettes have never appealed to ME then I got a problem with that. And now he accuses me of apparently saying something negative about previous generation owners.... which I have never done.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
I have zero problems kicking in a twenty spot for a good cause. But ....

Good to read you mentioning no problem donating twenty to CCF ..
so please do @Sparro

I have to say when reading the word "BUT" in your response, it has me
thinking whatever is written before it, would not be true and just a way of
deflecting my request with a completely unrelated discussion.

I will remain good with my end of the donation link.

Perhaps anyone agreeing with your statement of have no problems (donating) $20,
will also join in for fulfilling the good cause in the donation link of @Jack Raccoon!

Last edited:
Although I've admired Corvettes for years as being well designed sport cars for a fraction of the price of their rivals, the C8 is what caused me to pull the trigger and purchase a Corvette. So yes the front engine design caught my eye and my pocketbook...however when I get my C8 I'll be pleased to be part of the "Corvette family" which includes all makes and models and generations, including the iconic C1 which started it all in 1953 that sits proudly in my neighbour's garage. If it wasn't for all those past generations creating engineering know-how and a solid manufacturing base, the C8 wouldn't exist. So I think all C8 owners should "tip their hat" in respect to past Corvette generations. The C8 will morph into not only other iterations but it'll be followed by the C9, C10, etc. and maybe one day it'll be totally electric, solar, or hydrogen or who-knows-what and perhaps sprout wings to keep up with all the other manufacturers and catch the attention and pocketbook of future generations. I've always liked this Forum for being welcoming, informative, and Canadian and as such, more respectful with less jousting and more humour than other Corvette Forums on the Web. I say all this hoping that ddgermann and Sparro will park their polarized positions and recognize the contribution each can make to better the Forum and promote people's passions for nice vehicles in general and Corvettes in particular. And yes I'll wave at any Corvette I see on the road and in the tradition of motorcycling, stop to render assistance to any Corvette owner if need be. A few thoughts that come to mind knowing how short life really is and when I see Forum members exchanging words...

... and recognize the contribution each can make to better the Forum and promote people's passions for nice vehicles in general and Corvettes in particular ...
Whoa ... unjustly stated toward a well known, highly respected, supportive and unselfish member purely from not knowing the past in and away from these Forums.
One really has to be told that life did not begin here on CCF with the C8 and time should be invested to look back and read to know the past before
risking even a hint of saying something that is not even close to being justified ... I have to say it as it is ...

Last edited:
Two hand wave is what you want to aim for. Guaranteed to get a wave-like reaction :)

giphy.gif
I'd wave back to this Corvette driver (I believe she is Miss CCF) EVERY TIME... Just saying... :)

I want to make a few things perfectly clear.
1. I have NEVER said anything negative about a "previous generation" corvette owner or member on this forum... (except for Blaine and Elizabeth, aka C8Jake/C8Liz).
2. I have NEVER said anything negative about "previous generation" Corvettes other than MY statement that I bought a Corvette because of the C8 going mid-engine and that front-engine Corvettes have never appealed to ME. I can however, appreciate what the Corvette in general stands for.
3. I do not fall into the front engine demographic of buyer which is basically my fathers age of 75-80 year olds. I fall into the newly created demographic of buyers that GM was seeking when the C8 was created which is 30-50 year olds.
4. I DO NOT go into any other generation sections of this forum and troll those users by posting negative garbage about their cars. I post and read on the C8 section only because that is the only car of interest for me. If C7 owners have issue with me that I'm only interested in the C8 then YOU have a problem and don't come into the C8 section and take it upon yourself to make untrue accusations about myself.

Now, I was under the belief that this is a "free to use" forum and not a "pay or donate to use". As stated above I don't have a problem kicking in twenty bucks if I feel like it... but don't try to bully me into donating with trying to steer the conversation in that direction because those tactics don't work with me. It's clear that SN is taking dogermans side from his quoted response above to another user simply because he's been around longer even though he has falsely accused me of saying things I haven't.... so, now I say NO, I will not donate.

• Indifferent
  • Winner
Reactions: YFCvii and Gilles27
Bravo Sparro for the excellent response.

I don't get the attack here. If anything, older generation Corvette owners should embrace youngsters like myself that have not only transitioned into a C8 but have jumped from other marques (in my case Porsche).

I bought the car because to me it's like the NSXs I used to drive and it's modern. But I didn't buy it to beat my chest and praise the melting pot that is the U.S.

Build a great car and others will join. Just be willing to understand where the brand is going, not where it's been.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27 and Sparro
I am going to jump in with one post. I read all the posts in ALL the forums and the I find the level of maturity is lower in the C8 part of CCF than all the other forums and the level of friendliness is definitely questionable at times. And I am not talking about a recently banned member. But, keep posting because I get a kick out of reading some of the posts in this forum and I certainly enjoy the pics that some people are posting up.

I am going to jump in with one post. I read all the posts in ALL the forums and the I find the level of maturity is lower in the C8 part of CCF than all the other forums and the level of friendliness is definitely questionable at times. And I am not talking about a recently banned member. But, keep posting because I get a kick out of reading some of the posts in this forum and I certainly enjoy the pics that some people are posting up.

Well that's surprising as it's certainly not from us well educated youngsters who have recently joined. But yes, keep generalizing...

• Indifferent
Reactions: YFCvii and Sparro
Status
Not open for further replies.