I am guessing most glass places will be negative about this DFI coating.. why??? Cause putting it on can lose you as a customer to them.... if everyone put this stuff on glass places would go broke.

B

I have put the DFI on my windshield after you and Ken mentioned it to me.

Well guys, I just picked up my vette and I'm happy with the job. They had my car in the shop at 8:30am and did not back it out until 2:30pm just before I picked it up.

I'm attaching pictures of the original glass and replacement glass labelling.

It turns out that they were both made at the same plant:
AP Technoglass Corp. in Bellefontaine Ohio, USA.

The cash price quoted for HUD glass was $1100 but this was by phone and they did not know about my OnStar/GPS antenna box. The glass that arrived was not correct not having the additional necessary connections.

The correct glass installed today would be $1400. Some of you have mentioned finding lower prices so this may not be the best possible deal. I'm not worried about this one as I had only to pay my $50 deductible.

I would say that this Crystal Glass
location came through with the proper amount of care, attention to detail and fussiness that we Corvette owners expect!

Attachments

• iOS Image - 943698342.jpg
    iOS Image - 943698342.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 12
  • iOS Image - 3117822755.jpg
    iOS Image - 3117822755.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 13
Well guys, I just picked up my vette and I'm happy with the job. They had my car in the shop at 8:30am and did not back it out until 2:30pm just before I picked it up.

I'm attaching pictures of the original glass and replacement glass labelling.

It turns out that they were both made at the same plant:
AP Technoglass Corp. in Bellefontaine Ohio, USA.

The cash price quoted for HUD glass was $1100 but this was by phone and they did not know about my OnStar/GPS antenna box. The glass that arrived was not correct not having the additional necessary connections.

The correct glass installed today would be $1400. Some of you have mentioned finding lower prices so this may not be the best possible deal. I'm not worried about this one as I had only to pay my $50 deductible.

I would say that this Crystal Glass
location came through with the proper amount of care, attention to detail and fussiness that we Corvette owners expect!

I am so glad to hear that it is quality glass, and that the workmanship was as expected. Which Crystal glass location did you use? Do you have the installers name as well for future reference? It is always nice nowdays to find a reputable company with people that take pride in thier work.

Reactions: ddgermann
I am so glad to hear that it is quality glass, and that the workmanship was as expected. Which Crystal glass location did you use? Do you have the installers name as well for future reference? It is always nice nowdays to find a reputable company with people that take pride in thier work.
It was the 63 Avenue and 103 Street location, the northwest corner of the intersection. I'm sorry to say I did not get the installers name as they were all busy when I picked up the car. The girl I set it all up with there was Karen and I did mention that several CCF members were interested in the outcome.

Here is something interesting for you all. Do you want to know who made your existing windshield? The DOT number will tell you - here is a link:
DOT number search: DOT Number Database

BRENT ... I applaud you for "paying it forward" by providing this information that we all can remember is being made available to us on your CCF thread.:Hurray:

Sorry I know this thread is a bit old, but with spring here it's a good topic.
I just bought my C6 last summer. Last week I put glass insurance on it after finding out what a HUD windshield will cost! The insurance cost $186/year.
The insurance was through my broker and its called API. They work with Crystal Glass who did the inspection. Is there a better deal around that we could ALL take advantage of??
:)

Reactions: YFCvii
It’s a drive to my part however you can call up Dave or Barb at Easy Auto Glass. I know these owners so feel free to drop my name (Spence Noble) and see if they can help out. I have not used them on my Corvettes yet but they do all my vehicles. I also have all around glass insurance but have a tendency not to use it for the windshield. I always phone my insurance to ask what a windshield claim would do to my next premium. Easy Auto Glass is in South East Calgary.. I know it’s s drive but even I go across town to Shag for service

Last edited:
It’s a drive to my part however you can call up Dave or Barb at Easy Auto Glass. It know these owners so feel free to drop my name (Spence Noble) and see if they can help out. I have not used them on my Corvettes yet but they do all my vehicles. I also have all around glass insurance but have s tendency to to use it for the windshield. I always phone my insurance to ask what a windshield claim would do to my next premium. Easy Auto Glass is in South East Calgary.. I know it’s s drive but even I go across town to Shag for service
Thanks Spence! I don’t need glass yet, but when I do I’ll call them!

Reactions: YFCvii
@Messner, talk to @2009CGMZR1 about the coating some of us have put on. It's the same material some dealers are using and charge $800+ for. When installed by a dealer the liquid company will warranty the windshield. When you put it on yourself you don't get the coverage but it sure does help with protecting from rocks etc. Not sure of the price these days but you have to get it form someone "inside".

Reactions: Messner
@Messner, talk to @2009CGMZR1 about the coating some of us have put on. It's the same material some dealers are using and charge $800+ for. When installed by a dealer the liquid company will warranty the windshield. When you put it on yourself you don't get the coverage but it sure does help with protecting from rocks etc. Not sure of the price these days but you have to get it form someone "inside".
Thanks I will!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.