Apr 30, 2012
Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 1SB
A friend was looking to buy a C6 like ours. Then he got to checking around and it seems that C6 replacement parts are hugely more expensive than C5 and earlier parts. Has anyone else noticed this. I haven't needed anything........yet. That turned him off C6s and is now looking for a good C5 or even an LT1/LT4 C4.

A friend was looking to buy a C6 like ours. Then he got to checking around and it seems that C6 replacement parts are hugely more expensive than C5 and earlier parts. Has anyone else noticed this. I haven't needed anything........yet. That turned him off C6s and is now looking for a good C5 or even an LT1/LT4 C4.

I do know that prices at GM dealers are really high. I was quoted for a water pump from a local GM dealer, even with a corvette club discount of $500.00, but purchased one from GMPartshouse.com for $250.00 . I had it shipped to a US address, so shipping was cheaper, but even still, shipping for this heavy object to my address in New Brunswick was still a saving of over $200.00 over buying a pump locally. That is so sad, that our dealerships can't or won't even try to be comparible in prices to our neighbours to the south.

I would like to support locally, but if they continue to gouge, they will not get my business.

I do know that prices at GM dealers are really high. I was quoted for a water pump from a local GM dealer, even with a corvette club discount of $500.00, but purchased one from GMPartshouse.com for $250.00 . I had it shipped to a US address, so shipping was cheaper, but even still, shipping for this heavy object to my address in New Brunswick was still a saving of over $200.00 over buying a pump locally. That is so sad, that our dealerships can't or won't even try to be comparible in prices to our neighbours to the south.

I would like to support locally, but if they continue to gouge, they will not get my business.

:agree:

A place called rockauto in NY has great prices for replacement parts...I buy suff from them all the time....

Dealers are waking up to the fact that parts can be bought much cheaper in the USA. Lately I have been telling my dealer the price I can get it there, and he often drops the price enough that considering shipping, its close enough to buy it here. Just try a few dealers until you find one thats willing to play ball.

Yep, we get screwed on parts in so many ways!

What was a disappointment to me was finding out that In the US a new Z06 was about $70,000 and in Canada it was $100,000 plus, with dollar parity as well. And dealers in the US were instructed to not sell cars to Canadians!!

The dealers claim it is a case of "What the market will bear" whereas if you have to tell dealers not to sell to us if we go shopping outside of the country to save money it is not what the market will bear but just how much they can jack the price and still have us buy their product.

Cheers,

Garry

i think a lot depends on the individual dealer too, and if they are in the performance parts program. the only things i buy from the local dealer here are delco E.O.S. and posi additive. the pricing on those items seems to be standard across the board. the local dealer even gouged me 15 bucks for the G.M.P.P. catalogue. i have heard good things about mcmaster in orangeville, they are in the program and deal a lot with racers.

GM parts guys CAN give you a better price. If you are a good customer, and you know them seems to help. Still, I don't know how GM moves much inventory when you see the prices compared to anywhere else. Ground shipping from the U.S., especially on bigger stuff can be deadly and can quickly eat up any savings. Been there.

GM parts guys CAN give you a better price. If you are a good customer, and you know them seems to help. Still, I don't know how GM moves much inventory when you see the prices compared to anywhere else. Ground shipping from the U.S., especially on bigger stuff can be deadly and can quickly eat up any savings. Been there.

keith are you aware of C.B.I. warehouse in niagara falls n.y. ? many suppliers offer free or reduced shipping within the excited states. c.b.i. offers an inexpensive alternative. even factoring in the fuel costs to do a border run from here is worthwhile especially for multiple items. :D

There is a company called Kinek you can get a free account from on line.They have a place in Wellsley Island , which is just at the Ivy Lea border crossing in NY state.
They charge $5 to accept your shipment and they e mail you.
They will hold things 30 days.
You pay the HST at the border and you save.
I purchased a set of Blizzacks 225 45 18 for our 2012 Cruze LTZ/RS and saved $100 per tire from tire Rack.
Tire Rack sell GY Run Flats at $1532 for my 08 Vert, $2750 up here.
Nice people to deal with at Wellsley Island building supplies where you pick the stuff up.
Many poeple in the states ship free to the lower 48

This past summer I checked out the cost of tires for the car from TireRack. Good prices and they gave a price of $158 for shipping to my door. Balance that against a three hour drive for me to the border, a couple of meals, a day wasted and there wouldn't be much point in starting the car. For guys anywhere near the border it would be a different story.

This past summer I checked out the cost of tires for the car from TireRack. Good prices and they gave a price of $158 for shipping to my door. Balance that against a three hour drive for me to the border, a couple of meals, a day wasted and there wouldn't be much point in starting the car. For guys anywhere near the border it would be a different story.

C.B.I. is a good deal for things like crate motors, transmissions, engine parts, etc. you can even have a car shipped there !! i get my tires from a shop near you keith, patrick tire. richard always gives me a great deal - he is my wife's cousin. :D

My wife Dale is deep into genealogy. I'll have her check. We must be related to these folks one way or another. ;) We go by his shop when we take the back way into Bobcaygeon for some Kawartha Dairy ice cream. I think that road was a railway bed at one time. I'll keep C.B.I. in mind.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.