Actually, Murray, They blink faster if one bulb is out...go ahead,,,ask me how I know...LOL
I'm going by my Camaro's. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the C5's. It's often a crap shoot as to how similar the 4th Gen Camaros are to the C5's.
With the Camaro's they won't blink. If you replace the brake lights with LED's the cruise stops working! Ask me how I know! LOL

Thanks guys.
If it’s the front do you have to just replace the bulb or both the bulb and holder?
Is the relay easy to get to?
The blinker relay on the C5 is integrated with the hazard lights in behind the hazard light button. It is a pain to get at without removing the dash. Some say they have had success removing the radio and reaching up with a tool and popping the clips off to get it out but other than that, I have no hands on experience with the C5. Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Wow. That sounds crazy. I think I will start by replacing the front bulbs, then the back ones and see what happens. As a last resort I might have to tackle the relay situation.
Thanks for your help.
The blinker relay on the C5 is integrated with the hazard lights in behind the hazard light button. It is a pain to get at without removing the dash. Some say they have had success removing the radio and reaching up with a tool and popping the clips off to get it out but other than that, I have no hands on experience with the C5. Good luck.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
There are 11 ground locations on the C5. Here is the location diagram.
A quick Youtube/Google search will net you what each one is for.
Good luck...Keep us up to date on your progress
c5 grounds.jpg

I am having the same issue. I am getting power from the fuse box to the hazard switch but it stops there. The juice has to be able to get to the multi function switch located inside the steering wheel. But it is not getting the juice because of the failure at the hazard switch. i am told the hazard switch has been known to fail in the C5s. I was able to purchase a new switch from Reilly Autoparts online for less than $50.00. You need to pull the radio out and switch out the old with the new. I will be doing that tomorrow myself.

To further clarify. It is the multi function switch located inside your steering column that controls both your blinkers and your brakes. I like you are having intermittent failure in the blinkers and brakes. The rear sometimes work but the front never do. The electrical flow follows a course from your fuse box thru the hazard switch in the middle of your dash above the radio and then into the multi function switch inside the steering column. The breakdown again is most likely at the hazard switch which is where my problem lies.

• Informative
Reactions: OL Yeller
To further clarify. It is the multi function switch located inside your steering column that controls both your blinkers and your brakes. I like you are having intermittent failure in the blinkers and brakes. The rear sometimes work but the front never do. The electrical flow follows a course from your fuse box thru the hazard switch in the middle of your dash above the radio and then into the multi function switch inside the steering column. The breakdown again is most likely at the hazard switch which is where my problem lies.
Please take a few pictures while you are in the process and post here so that we all can have a visual of the repair for this issue. Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Please take a few pictures while you are in the process and post here so that we all can have a visual of the repair for this issue. Thanks
Dang. I really should have done that. Unfortunately it is too late. But I can say that the hazard switch replacement corrected my intermittent blinker and brake light problem. To fix you pop off the hazard button on the dashboard using a small flathead screwdriver. Behind it is the switch itself. You simply push the switch in and then is the tricky part. You have to get underneath the dash on the floor and pull the wire connected to the switch you had pushed in. Be careful for there is a lot of stuff behind there and you don’t want to break anything. You are in a very uncomfortable position when you do this. Remove the wires from the old switch and attach them to the new one. Then you feed the switch back up to its dash position and pop the button back into the dash. It took me about an hour to perform.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.