Aug 19, 2019
VetteCoins
Help. I know American C5 Weatherstrip manufacturers. They coat the rubber with a urethane. I ordered the 7 piece kit and the urethane coating peels. They let me return it. Are any vendors in Canada making new weatherstrip for C5s. I need a C5 Convertible Front windshield A-PILLER weatherstrip. I’ve purchased a used A-Pillar weatherstrip from VET NUTTS Tennessee USA and installed it, closed the top and stretching it into its resting place its shows dry rot cracked. They ignored my complaint. DO NOT USE VET NUTTS in Tennessee USA.
‘A Thousand Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Help. I know American C5 Weatherstrip manufacturers. They coat the rubber with a urethane. I ordered the 7 piece kit and the urethane coating peels. They let me return it. Are any vendors in Canada making new weatherstrip for C5s. I need a C5 Convertible Front windshield A-PILLER weatherstrip. I’ve purchased a used A-Pillar weatherstrip from VET NUTTS Tennessee USA and installed it, closed the top and stretching it into its resting place its shows dry rot cracked. They ignored my complaint. DO NOT USE VET NUTTS in Tennessee USA.
‘A Thousand Thanks!
I bought weatherstrip from "Corvette Rubber Company" in the U.S. Was a fair price, I found it to be good quality and no install problems.

I bought weatherstrip from "Corvette Rubber Company" in the U.S. Was a fair price, I found it to be good quality and no install problems.
Corvette Rubber? After shopping around? You’re right. They are an awesome company and make an awesome product. They set the standard for products and customer service. The drivers side leaks at the front upper corner since it had 4K. First time havin the top replaced I had the weatherstrip professionally installed replacing all the top pieces. Unfortunately the top leaked at every joint. Bummer.
I had no choice so I re-installed the original
Weatherstrip’n. That stopped the passenger side leaks. The driver side still
has the one teardrop leak.
Next step I’m orderin the A-Pillar over windshield piece from Corvette Rubber.
Maybe that will stop the driver upper front corner leak. Thanks

Corvette Rubber? After shopping around? You’re right. They are an awesome company and make an awesome product. They set the standard for products and customer service. The drivers side leaks at the front upper corner since it had 4K. First time havin the top replaced I had the weatherstrip professionally installed replacing all the top pieces. Unfortunately the top leaked at every joint. Bummer.
I had no choice so I re-installed the original
Weatherstrip’n. That stopped the passenger side leaks. The driver side still
has the one teardrop leak.
Next step I’m orderin the A-Pillar over windshield piece from Corvette Rubber.
Maybe that will stop the driver upper front corner leak. Thanks
Hi Mule. I shopped and shopped and found significant variances in cost and no clear explanation of quality, except some bad comments on the cheap stuff. I stumbled on Corvette Rubber and bought a complete set for my coupe about 4 years ago. It installed easily and remains in excellent condition. Minor thing, at that time their website would not accept a Canadian address. Just phone them and problem solved..... Good Luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread