Sep 21, 2014
York,Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 C5 vert
Making an offer tomorrow morning on a 10acre parcel of land. If accepted we would probably start building next spring but maybe even this fall depending on a number of things.
Nice big shop as well most likely 50X60 but again that could change and possibly be a little bigger.
Wish us luck please!!:Cheers2:

Bill

Making an offer tomorrow morning on a 10acre parcel of land. If accepted we would probably start building next spring but maybe even this fall depending on a number of things.
Nice big shop as well most likely 50X60 but again that could change and possibly be a little bigger.
Wish us luck please!!:Cheers2:

Bill

All the best, let me know if you can spare an acre or two, looking to store my collection of spare tires and banners from CCF :)

10 minutes from where I am now guys. Don't want to take my son away from his classmates and friends. I was raised on a farm so living in town has always been a bit of an issue with me. I need space and this would also come in handy for my model airplane habit. I'll bring a few animals into the picture as well in order to be taxed as farmland. Just not enough acres really to rent out to an existing farmer.
Clear flat land, not even a tree as of yet and a small elevation towards the front of the property which is where I would situate the house.

I really hope this works out.

What about hats Nik, any of those lying around? Black ones with CCF up front and checkered flag on the brim.;)

Bill

Last edited:
wishing you luck in your endeavour Bill.
Looks like us Caledonians are all deserting the ship. We should start digging next week in Jarvis. Certainly not the kind of space you are looking at. But when you start getting a little older, a one floor plan on a small lot is all I need.... :)

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
wishing you luck in your endeavour Bill.
Looks like us Caledonians are all deserting the ship. We should start digging next week in Jarvis. Certainly not the kind of space you are looking at. But when you start getting a little older, a one floor plan on a small lot is all I need.... :)

Caledonia is changing pretty quick Brian and not for the better.

Bill

Congrats to all of you on the new and upcoming new digs.... A friend person offered me their wisdom when I built my shop. They said... figure out what you are going to use it for and carefully decide exactly how much space you need for everything you want to park, store, and work on in there.. Then take that number and double it. I took his advice and re-designed my three car garage plan into a 2100 sq. ft. shop. And needless to say, between vehicles, garden tractors, storage for things I haven'y seen in ten years, it's full and I wish I had more room.:Banghead:

10 minutes from where I am now guys. Don't want to take my son away from his classmates and friends. I was raised on a farm so living in town has always been a bit of an issue with me. I need space and this would also come in handy for my model airplane habit. I'll bring a few animals into the picture as well in order to be taxed as farmland. Just not enough acres really to rent out to an existing farmer.
Clear flat land, not even a tree as of yet and a small elevation towards the front of the property which is where I would situate the house.

I really hope this works out.

What about hats Nik, any of those lying around? Black ones with CCF up front and checkered flag on the brim.;)

Bill

Sounds a lot like you're volunteering for some design work Bill with all that spare time on your hands.

Well, so much for that deal! Friggen realestate people!

So they accept our offer after we come up a fair amount and the deal is done. Next thing we know our agent informs us that we also need to pay HST on vacant property which comes to a small amount of 35,000.00

FRIG that crap, they forgot to tell us that up front. I should friggen sue.

Bill

Bill, I have always been somewhat confused by the HST on properties. Some have it some do not but know idea why.

Disappointing news for you I am sure but something else will come along. Keep searching, you will find it.

Awwww.... that sucks Bill. I feel for your frustration.... ALBERTA.....no overcrowding... no tax.... lots of land... lots of it for sale cheap right now too.... RC flying club 2 miles from my place with 160 acres of runway and field.... cheap gas.... no emission rules...no OPP.... lots of like minded Corvette owners.... very little snow........ :rolleyes:

Thanks guys, been going through these ups and downs for a year now. Not sure how much more I am willing to do.
As for Alberta...if the wife would agree we would be on our way. I worked out there years ago and loved the freedom and wide open spaces.

Bill

Back on the see-saw, apparently the seller may be exempt from the HST now. Their lawyer, like everyone elses lawyer is on vacation at the moment but we should know and have a letter from him sometime Monday.
Wish us luck.........again!

Bill:bigyawn:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.