Nov 14, 2011
Jarvis Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Convertable
Don't have a build sticker ? What one, but either can't find one due to age or some other problem? Don't want to pay for one?

Make your own............:confused:
Well; it's something to do during the long winter wait ......:rofl:
Click here

........................................Build Sticker.............................

Window Stickers and Documentation

It only goes to 2004. :( Oh well, a black and white copy of the window sticker came with our car. Vintage Vehicle Services in Oshawa can also give you information on your car if it was built or sold new in Canada. The Corvette museum in Bowling Green can supply you with similar information. General Motors Vintage Vehicle Identification Service - Canada A lot of people think this paperwork is proof of what they have. What it actually says is that for the VIN supplied, this is the information we have. No one comes out and verifies that the car is the real deal and hasn't been tampered with. People have been faking valuable Corvettes for years. It's just about as bad in the Chevelle world where I have been since the sixties. The paperwork is just one more part of the puzzle in documenting a car. Still, even a made up window sticker is neat to have. At shows, people would spend more time looking at our GM of Canada documentation than the car itself.

Thanks for posting this Brian. I filled it out; my car cost $7835.10 in 1975 as optioned in the US. I can't get it to print though; my computer locks up when I try. :(

I already have the GM Canada document for mine anyway.

That is hilarious! It really is too bad that it only goes up to 2004. I wanted to make my car a 2014!....or maybe I should make it a 1982 model so I can legitimately have my car in our local downtown car show!...I also noticed there is no options under 1983. Dang it! I could have made a really rare Corvette there.

Yes 67, I realized it was in US$, but the difference was quite dramatic. My base price was quoted as $47,000 as compared to the real $69,000 Cdn base price plus $6,600 for the options. All in all there was an over $20,000 difference in the total purhased price.

Yes 67, I realized it was in US$, but the difference was quite dramatic. My base price was quoted as $47,000 as compared to the real $69,000 Cdn base price plus $6,600 for the options. All in all there was an over $20,000 difference in the total purhased price.

Here's your explanation. The Canadian dollar traded for as little as $0.6179

Thought about the big difference but didn't remember that it was around 2oo2 that it was then that it had hit that low.Thanks 67. I know I could have looked it up and saved posting space.Will have to answer to Riley for that one.

You're banned!:D

Well, in honesty, if people were banned for taking up posting space, I would have been banned on my third post in this forum!:rofl:

Geeze, our dollar was way down there! I wonder when the prices between the US and Canadian cars will equalize? Do you think a $60,000 C7 in the US will still cost us $80,000?

window sticker (for fun)

I had checked, with the Corvette museum, and they said the car was a early build Dec 99 and they didn't have records..

I punched in data from my GM Canada records and now have a window sheet..

How much more would it have been in 2000?
http://
2000Corvetteconvertible.jpg
[/IMG]

Attachments

• 2000 Corvette convertible...jpg
    2000 Corvette convertible...jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.