Speedy

Casual User
Jun 14, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Looking
Hi all, I bought myself a 1958 as a driver but would like to spruce it up a little as it needs some love. Can you tell me what would be the best manual to use as a guide? I’m hoping there is something along the lines of “Restoration for dummies” as this will be my very first project. I have “some” skills but will be needing a lot of help too.
Thanks.

Hello Speedy.

There are plenty of guys here that know restoration very well.
I think I can safely speak for a bunch of us when I say... send pics.
From there some description on what you are planning to do. The guys can for sure provide you some sound advice and point you in the right direction once they know what you’re up against.

Hi Speedy. Congrats on your purchase. The forum has a ton of very knowlegable members who I am sure would be pleased to share their experience with you for your project. I would suggest though, that you slip over to the New Users section of the forum and post a bit of an imtroductory where lots of members will see your post. As ddgermann mentioned above ...we like pictures here ... :Biggrin:

hey
Hi all, I bought myself a 1958 as a driver but would like to spruce it up a little as it needs some love. Can you tell me what would be the best manual to use as a guide? I’m hoping there is something along the lines of “Restoration for dummies” as this will be my very first project. I have “some” skills but will be needing a lot of help too.
Thanks.
Hey speedy, Welcome lots of info all over this interweb site and others . I myself bought 61 driver couple years ago . It is an unending project. do what u want the way u want.. drive it to enjoy. amazing what some spit and polish can accomplish . power steering and disc brakes make life a little easier. I drive mine low and slow so all can enjoy. :) pic in my avatar

44CA6329-901E-4398-A913-358F22148A3A.jpeg
503DE1DC-D62E-465A-92A6-5067DF2E55CC.jpeg

nice like I said been tinkering with mine for couple of years just to get to look like yours. great start

Your car looks great Andy. You called it a “15 footer”. I can tell you all it looks great from close up. You could have parked further away though... my car was an obstacle to get to yours... arsehole. 😂

Kidding of course... I had a great time hanging out with your car; oh and you too Andy.

Speedy. Your ‘driver’ looks awesome!
Are you looking for suggested ‘mods’ to the car or just getting everything you have working properly.?
I can’t suggest enough that no matter what direction you take that a proper GM shop Manual and an assembly manual for your car is where to start.

Graham

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Speedy: Super choice, nothing like a C1 Corvette ! May I suggest that you seek out membership to the well-known and respected experts' international group NATIONAL CORVETTE RESTORERS SOCIETY ("NCRS"). I've been an active member for over 25 years, and what it could do for your restoration plans personally is endless. The membership for Canadians is $52. Even if you don't go the factory-correct route in your restoration, the NCRS is a prime source of literature, repair suggestions, and expertise. The 1958-60 4th Edition( $30.USD ) TECHNICAL INFORMATION MANUAL outlines everything you could ever want to see, or know, about the 1958 as it left the factory. Link to JOIN https://www.ncrs.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_34&products_id=181
All the best, and keep us up to date on your project.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Toronto, Ontario
'14 Z51 Silver/Red C7 Targa
'08 Z51 JSB C6 Targa
'05 Silver/Red C6 Targa
'01 Torch Z06
'98 C5 Silver Targa
'67 Sting Ray L36 427/390HP NCRS Top Flight rag
'75 Red T-Top
'18 ATS-V Coupe 464 HP Caddie
NCRS, C5/C6/C7 Registry
NatlCorvetteMuseum Shinoda Charter Member (20+ years)

Last edited:
Nice ride Speedy,as Duntov7 mentioned NCRS is a great resource for restorers.I to am a member of the NCRS & I also joined my local chapter. There you can meet fellow restorers in person & gain access to hard to find parts.Good luck with restoration.

Reactions: Speedy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.