The calipers look the same but the seals and pistons are different internally.
I just did the front calipers on my '75 with 'O' ring seals and pistons.

I was going to write a photo-blog on the process soon.
I hope this helps. Are you planning to rebuild or replace your calipers soon?
Graham

Last edited:
best thing you could do to c3 brakes eh graham. saves having to bleed em every spring. the oem is nasty - especially the rears. when i get my shop organized i'm going with the 4 caliper deal that cc has. new pieces so no core charge. :D

you really have to take care when torquing lug nuts. even the slightest warp or runout on the rotors will cause the oem pistons to tip in their bores and suck air. i torque my steel wheels to 70 lb. the "O" ring pistons provide a far better seal.

The calipers look the same but the seals and pistons are different internally.
I just did the front calipers on my '75 with 'O' ring seals and pistons.

I was going to write a photo-blog on the process soon.
I hope this helps. Are you an planning to rebuild or replace your calipers soon?
Graham
Thanks Graham,
I've heard not so great opinions regarding the "Lip Seal" design and will be considering the purchase of the "O-Ring" design within a month or so.
Thank you for your time.

Chuck

best thing you could do to c3 brakes eh graham. saves having to bleed em every spring. the oem is nasty - especially the rears. when i get my shop organized i'm going with the 4 caliper deal that cc has. new pieces so no core charge. :D
I just checked the C.C site and didn't notice the 4 piece deal you had mentioned.
Would you mind forwarding me the # please.
Thanx
Chuck

Just got back from a business trip to Windsor, stopped into Corvette Depot and exchanged my lip seals for four o ring calipers.......$616 CDN out the door. Dropped into NAPA while I was in town, as they have their Dupilcolor caliper paint on sale for $14.99 instead of $26.99. New Raybestos hoses from Rock Auto on sale for $3.99 each. Pads are still about 85%, and finally a new master cylinder from Parts Source $29.99 after the core. Gonna be a busy weekend, now that I've finally got her home. My Motive power bleeder, and new torque wrench should come in real handy.

P.S.

Just a quick note to let you guys know that the calipers that Corvette Depot sells are from Lonestar. Real nice piece of kit, Delco Moraine cores that look like they just left St. Louis.....and they're already painted at the factory.

http://www.lonestarcaliper.com/p-29...eved-o-ring-brake-caliper-remanufactured.aspx

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.