Well here it is. Multiple sources are now confirming a wide spread North American Automotive restart on May 18. Here is the media release: GM alerts UAW members to restart production on May 18

So we shall see if this holds true for Bowling Green, KY I do think our current dates shown as TPW's are little more than place holders with little hope for accurate dates. But as soon as the plants open we should see them adjust again to be more accurate. The one variable we cannot count on is the extent of order cancellations for the plant. No doubt the economic fall out from this event has been large and damaging to some personally. Who knows how many orders may simply be removed or cancelled. This would have the effect of moving any remaining orders up the line. So maybe our dates will not be as negatively impacted to those remaining. It is a wild card for sure.

Reactions: Sparro
Just a few more news sources here to confirm dates of target restart.

Reactions: Sparro
The report says some plants will start to ramp up next week, maybe BGA is one of those since the Governor of Kentucky said they pants can open on May 11th.
Sparro keep the pants open to yourself!! I don't think it will help to get your C8 any faster :ROFL:

• Informative
Reactions: Sparro and gone
Found this interesting article on C8 chassis production. The factory has been making these all along during shutdown. Full production set to resume May 18.

A very interesting article indeed. Great news for us "pending" C8 buyers, with the C8 chassis production having continued in spite of COVID. And for those who say that GM was losing money on the 2020 C8 pricing, the article states:

"A Morgan Stanley report in November predicted that Corvette sales would bring in roughly 2 percent of G.M.’s revenue in 2020, an estimated $3.3 billion, and put the car’s profit margin at 16.5 percent, about twice the company’s average in North America."

Those stats have since been amended due to the effects of COVID-19 but this certainly shows the 2020 C8 to have been profitable, even at its introductory pricing. Also of interest, it goes on to say that GM might consider manufacturing an SUV-related Corvette but this sounds much more speculative:

"The report predicted that Corvette sales could increase to about 100,000 in 2029, from 40,000 this year, if the company developed a Corvette S.U.V. — a step other high-end sports car manufacturers have taken and one that a former G.M. vice chairman, Bob Lutz, has urged. (The company declined to comment on future vehicles.)"

Does anyone here want to cancel their C8 order and wait for the "Corvette SUV"?? :)

Thanks for bringing this article to the Forum's attention "ABC"!

Reactions: ABC
I hope none of these `volunteer` workers in Indiana are ill because of making the chassis for us C8 guys.
The best to them.
I suspect if any had been ill they would have shut the place down. From what I have read, they had issues keeping up with production volumes with the start of the new C8 from the very beginning. I am guessing a steep learning curve. So my guess is that this skeleton shift has allowed the supplier to stockpile frames for the BGA restart. Perhaps also time to continue to diagnose bugs in the process and increase efficiency or address learning curve issues. May 18 is their full factory restart ETA for now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.