I guess every manufacturing plant is the same. No matter what they need they can't possibly make everything they need at one facility. The transmission are made in Mexico and that s a fairly important part. LOL. Love how people brag that some products are American made. American assembled ? Yes.
Actually the Transmissions are made (assembled) in Michigan. The Tremec Plant is located in Wixom, MI. But you are correct that Tremec is owned and is part of a larger Mexican Parts Conglomerate, Grupo KUO, S.A.B. de C.V. So undoubtedly some of the parts are most likely from Mexico that are in the transmission. The auto world is very inter-woven. I have been trying to follow the startup of both Tremec and Tonawanda but I have not found any news from either as yet. https://www.tremec.com/noticias_detalle/dct-for-2020-corvette/

Reactions: kerry4
Good to know and thanks for that info. I assume you're looking for a coupe rather than a convertible? Let me know. I'm still wondering if all convertibles will be 2021's and I'm waiting for GM's announcement on that issue; perhaps around the same time as the May 21/20 start for the 2021 ordering.

Reactions: kerry4
So just out of curiosity I contacted GM Chat to see my new TPW. Originally it was June 8th. Then a few weeks ago August 17th. Today it is June 22nd. Obviously they have plans in place to ramp up production.

Congrats to you. Good news! We shall see when they open. I suspect a lot of movement will occur to each customer. Some will get pulled forward while some will go further out. They will be building based on parts available based on what’s in house and or what’s enroute. Lots of moving parts. But any news like that is good to get.

That latest news that been going around right now from all the various corvette forums out there including the Corvette Blogger, Jeremy Welbourne is that if you have a car at status code 3000 or higher (coupe or convertible) you will get a 2020 model before production switches over to 2021 model year. If you're car was sitting at 1100 or 2000 before the pandemic started you will most likely have your order cancelled and you'll have to go back to your dealer and put in an order for 2021.

Reactions: kevindesj and ABC
Here are two sites that you can monitor for any breaking news on restart of either the Tonawanda Powertrain Plant in NY or Bowling Green Assembly.
The Tonawanda site appears to be more current in communication flow. But no doubt the union will be the first to be notified for recall. So I would be watching them.

Reactions: Sparro
According to Detroit News, the issue for Ford, GM, and Chrysler is that Michigan has extended their stay home order until May 28. So unless this is changed, I doubt that any plants are going to open sooner. Looks like June guys.

According to Detroit News, the issue for Ford, GM, and Chrysler is that Michigan has extended their stay home order until May 28. So unless this is changed, I doubt that any plants are going to open sooner. Looks like June guys.
But we're interested in the Kentucky plant, not Michigan right? Kentucky auto manufacturing is slated to reopen by order of the Governor on Monday May 11th.

But we're interested in the Kentucky plant, not Michigan right? Kentucky auto manufacturing is slated to reopen by order of the Governor on Monday May 11th.
But many parts used in the Bowling Green Plant come from Michigan. All of the "BIG THREE" have deeper roots to Michigan due to their respective histories there. Newer transplants from Toyota, BMW, Kia, and the others have no such ties to Michigan specifically. I am guessing that until Michigan opens up, the big three will be on ice.

So just out of curiosity I contacted GM Chat to see my new TPW. Originally it was June 8th. Then a few weeks ago August 17th. Today it is June 22nd. Obviously they have plans in place to ramp up production.
Order Status

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Tue 2020-05-05 12:39 PM
To:
Good Afternoon,
Gilles, I was advised by our order desk that your Corvette has a tentative production week of June 22nd, 2020

Best Regards
Dominic
GM Customer Care

Just received this today funny because I went from May to August now at June

Reactions: Sparro and ABC
Order Status

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Tue 2020-05-05 12:39 PM
To:
Good Afternoon,
Gilles, I was advised by our order desk that your Corvette has a tentative production week of June 22nd, 2020

Best Regards
Dominic
GM Customer Care

I am going to also check in with GM. But not holding out hope. I was originally with a TPW of May 4th. Then told July 16th. So will be interesting if it has moved again, and if so in what direction.

Reactions: Gilles27
Order Status
Good Afternoon,

Best Regards
Dominic
GM Customer Care

That sounds positive and reassuring, I think there is finally light at the end of the tunnel for all of us with orders at 3000 and above.

If our cars get built soon. We'll be all in luck. Lets also not forget the second wave which is almost a certainty at this point. It's expected to hit in the fall (September/October) time frame. What will that mean for MY2021? I just want my 2020 at this point because the future is a big question mark I'm thinking.

The main thing is when do they return to work? Who knows this thing could carry on all summer. At 3000 status for my convertible I hope I still get it this year but I wouldn't take any bets on it. They have a lot of coupes to push out before they even start the vert. Rumours of a second wave of this virus has got a lot people scratching their heads and thinking what the heck is happening? Noting we can do except wait and see how this plays out.

Reactions: ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.