Featured Thread
Correct, Borla retains the NPP
Corsa deletes it.

I spoke with David Borla regarding them making a black exhaust kit (primarily the reason I went with Corsa) I really like the black tips. He said he had no intention on releasing one within the near and asked me if I could wait a year or two. We all know how that turned out, lol
Funny how established companies are at times slow to respond to customer demand and have the nerve to ask you to delay your purchase to accommodate their timeline. These are all discretionary purchases and the time to sell is when the customer has the money and wants the product, not one or two years down the road.
So, were the NPP mufflers/actuators removed?

Funny how established companies are at times slow to respond to customer demand and have the nerve to ask you to delay your purchase to accommodate their timeline. These are all discretionary purchases and the time to sell is when the customer has the money and wants the product, not one or two years down the road.
So, were the NPP mufflers/actuators removed?

Yeah no kidding, wait a year or two...
The NPP actuators are removed when replacing or going with the Corsa system

Correct, Borla retains the NPP
Corsa deletes it.

I spoke with David Borla regarding them making a black exhaust kit (primarily the reason I went with Corsa) I really like the black tips. He said he had no intention on releasing one within the near and asked me if I could wait a year or two. We all know how that turned out, lol

Borla makes black tips w/NPP for the Atak--not sure when it was released, but this is from their website:

Corvette ZO6/ Grand Sport 2015-2018 Axle-Back Exhaust ATAK part # 11903CB

Last edited:
Ok all, so finally after ordering the Borla X pipe on July 1st it arrived on August 24th!
I wont bore you with the details but a long out of stock at Borla, a screw up by UPS, and my summer vacation it took forever to arrive. I had it installed today and after about 100km, here are my thoughts:

Install:
Took it Boyer GM in Pickering and was charged 1.5hours labour.
No CEL light and all good so far.
The weight difference between stock and Borla is quite noticeable--I think at least 5 pounds or so.

Start Up:
In track setting it's loud, with the normal bark taken up a few notches. It did that before, but there is definitely extra bite.

Idle:
Again, in track you will notice the difference. In my view, the car sounds much better at idle than it did previously. Much more of a muscle car sound without being overwhelming or annoying.

Driving:
No noticeable drone to my ears. Very similar to stock but a touch louder
At open throttle, it's all business and significantly louder than stock. Not obnoxious, but you and others will know it is a modified exhaust. It's definitely a screamer.

Sound:
Let me start by saying I think the stock sound of the Z06 is superb. If you are looking to take it up a notch without spending a small fortune do this and you will not be disappointed. To my ears it deepens the tone and delivers a far more traditional V8 muscle roar. The stock sounded a bit higher pitched and 'exotic' where this sounds a lot meaner. Both are great sounds so please don't think I'm saying one sounds better than the other.

Other:
So others have mentioned this and I must agree--the revs seem more lively and seat of the pants pull feels a touch more responsive. This is likely in my head, but the car felt like it was pulling a bit harder and frankly was more squirrely than normal. I'm in no way suggesting I got more HP from this mod, but the car feels a touch different to me.

Conclusion:
For $600 and 1.5 hours labour (which you can do yourself if you so choose) this is a fairly inexpensive mod that is worth it. Be prepared for a tone change (at least to my ears) and definitely louder. Nice thing is you don't lose the NPP functionality.

Hope this is helpful to anyone considering, and happy to answer any other questions..

Last edited:
My 2015 Z51 M7 ... too many letters and numbers, but I thought I'd be specific, has ARH mid length headers with high flow cats, B & B bullets with the npp removed and the Borla x-pipe without the secondary cats and the AFM removed and tuned out. The car sounds loud when I open the throttle, otherwise it is quite reasonable (I guess that depends on who is behind me). Really, not that loud but the Borla did add some pop and growl. Enjoy your ride.
P.S. The Halltech intake adds a little bit of sound as well.

Reactions: lupo and ddgermann
I like the idea of the Borla setup as not losing NPP functionality is important to me for those 5:30AM leaving home for work times and not pissing my neighbours off. Thanks for the update Lupo

Pep, you are good. Just don't forget to switch it to stealth before you shut her off!
In stealth it's really no different than stock on start up.

I drove around quite a bit last night and today and did notice one significant difference and thought it warranted an update to my previous post. Perhaps the most notable difference having the Xpipe on an A8 is how the car now sounds much more aggressive when driven in Manual mode.

In my view, the A8 driven in D only sounds really good when you stab the throttle and she opens up. For puttering around town, I was not happy with sound, and Manual mode made it only marginally better unless it was opening up.

The X pipe has made a very nice improvement here, with a more aggressive sound right through the rev climb and a greatly improved pop and burble on downshifts. Went from liking to loving this mod. :Woohoo:

Reactions: ddgermann
There is kind of an easy button. I put in the Mild to Wild in my C7. I have it set to stealth in the menu permanently and the car starts in stealth every time I am pretty sure Lupo.. as the MtW is off by default after the car's ignition is turned off since all the MtW does is bypass the fuse really. Then I can sneak out of the neighbourhood before hitting MtW and running her as she should be. I programmed the MtW remote into the garage door opener buttons in the car for ease of use.

But I hear your point about being able to have an easy button without the MtW. It would be nice to have a simple selector like you do with the modes.

There is kind of an easy button. I put in the Mild to Wild in my C7. I have it set to stealth in the menu permanently and the car starts in stealth every time I am pretty sure Lupo.. as the MtW is off by default after the car's ignition is turned off since all the MtW does is bypass the fuse really. Then I can sneak out of the neighbourhood before hitting MtW and running her as she should be. I programmed the MtW remote into the garage door opener buttons in the car for ease of use.

But I hear your point about being able to have an easy button without the MtW. It would be nice to have a simple selector like you do with the modes.

I have an MTW switch I've not installed and was planning to sell as my understanding was the default start-up was wide open (track) mode which I do not want. Early morning start up in track mode is extremely loud--across the street--and I really like my neighbors!

There was some talk of this on US forums and it really turned me off the idea of installing, otherwise the one touch functionality is perfect. May need to revisit this based on your input Pep..thanks.

You can install it without doing any adjustments to the fuse box for the wiring to test it out Lupo. Very easy to unplug the fuse, plug in the MtW device and wire to ground and test it out. If it doesn't work for you then simple uninstall and then sell it anyways. All I did after ensuring it all worked was to dremel out a small amount of the plastic where the wires exit the fuse box to ensure they were not pinched. I have no issues with any leaking in that location as I put a small amount of silicone around the wires in the slot and the weather stripping is still intact.

Reactions: lupo
You can install it without doing any adjustments to the fuse box for the wiring to test it out Lupo. Very easy to unplug the fuse, plug in the MtW device and wire to ground and test it out. If it doesn't work for you then simple uninstall and then sell it anyways. All I did after ensuring it all worked was to dremel out a small amount of the plastic where the wires exit the fuse box to ensure they were not pinched. I have no issues with any leaking in that location as I put a small amount of silicone around the wires in the slot and the weather stripping is still intact.

Going to try this out..thanks for all the input.

Reactions: Pep
CCF members just a heads up, Borla has discontinued their C7 catless x pipe model #60547, likely due to issues with emissions in California where they are based (or a least according to rumor on that other forum).

Whatever the reason, they are no longer in production, so if you want a Borla specifically don't wait too long or stock will run out.
And no I'm not getting a dime for pushing their products, but I will get VetteCOINS for this post :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread