Featured Thread
Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
Picked one up from TDot Performance today and got $60 off. I figured I'd give it a go, and if the reviews are true to form, it should give me a bit more growl than stock NPP without losing any functionality or throwing a CEL. We'll see, and interested to hear from others on here with their own experiences.

On another note, it's a balmy 32C in Toronto --just got back from a night cruise with the top removed and it was brilliant. Nothing like an underpass tunnel to help make music with this car!

Good question. I know an X pipe is standard on the C7, so what I'm really after is having the secondary cats removed with the Borla X pipe. I cant answer your question beyond that, and the consensus on the forums is people moving to Corsa or Borla X pipes for a bit of sound improvement. Truth be told, I'm not in love with the sound of the C7. Maybe it's the exhaust on my Boss 302 that sounded incredible at all rpm's that spoiled me, but I just cant seem to love this exhaust at all rpms. The C7 at WOT is amazing, but just does not do it for me at low rpms. Having said that, I love having an option to use the NPP Stealth mode at night/early morning or when I don't feel like listening to it, so I don't want to lose that functionality. I'll start with an X pipe and go from there--maybe Atak axle backs from there which retain NPP functionality.
Regarding an H pipe, not sure what is out there for the C7, perhaps someone else does?

I agree with you on the stock sounds at lower RPM and at WOT completely Lupo which is why I was interested to hear how this works out for you. I also want to keep the stealth mode for sneaking out early to work and not make all my neighbours hate me at 5:30AM every nice weekday :nailbiting::Biggrin:

Reactions: lupo
Just hopped in the Viper today....sounds like a broken dump truck at all rpms 😂😂😂😂...the ugly duckling of sound only a father could love 😁
Agree, had a 94 with headers and Borlas. Sounded like one massive exhaust leak. Never heard 450 hp sound so bad.

Last edited:
Le Baron--I'm not changing out the NPP--that is the best option on the exhaust IMO.
Just an X pipe swap-out to Borla which eliminate secondary cats is what I'm doing.

Just some feedback here, I'm running Corsa Extremes (Axlebacks), Corsa Double Helix X Pipe
Car definitely sounds much better than stock. No check engline lights, significantly more growl and rasp although that is contributed from the Extremes hanging out the back.

It wasn't loud enough for me, so I cut the cats out. Sounds much better now, but am running with a CEL which isn't a big deal to me.

Hey Elton-- aggressive set up for sure. I assume with the Xtremes you lose NPP functionality?

Correct, Borla retains the NPP
Corsa deletes it.

I spoke with David Borla regarding them making a black exhaust kit (primarily the reason I went with Corsa) I really like the black tips. He said he had no intention on releasing one within the near and asked me if I could wait a year or two. We all know how that turned out, lol

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread