images

My eyes would be zooming in as well. The backup "helpers" are really important to running these cars. The driver of course cannot see backing up, the helper is there to make sure they get right in the area of the track they just "burned out" of. Very sticky on that part of the track.

However you make like these, I am starting to feel like a stalker.:ROFL:

Do you suppose those boots have the green "OSHA" label on them somewhere? I better look.

View attachment 13740 View attachment 13741

Actually Murray,I'm quite familiar with those boots.They have the CFM label.... :rolleyes: And that's all I'm sayin' bout that.....

Oh C'mon Murray.... I was waiting for your knowledgeable explanation of how the driver, George Scott raced Ford Cobras successfully for many years and became so accustomed to driving the Cobra, and won so many races with the Cobra that superstition took over and when he was hired to race the Corvette, he brought his Cobra seat with him...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:..And if you believe that..........

Reactions: ddgermann
While not a Corvette there is a beauty and a significant player in the early days of corporate automobile racing. Carol Shelby with his wife Jan Harrison leaning against Shelby's Maserati. Harrison, an actress was married to Shelby for a short period of time. According to the story they went to Mexico for the bullfights and married right after the event. Who knew. Several months later Shelby went back to Mexico and had the whole thing annulled. Shelby and Harrison remained friends for life.

600-WD-1968.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann