IMG_3046.jpeg

He's going to get a bit of an eye opener when that left front touches down first..... :oops:
He should have a counter torque strap or chain on that engine…..or at least check the motor mounts . It does look to be a bit of a beast nonetheless. You can see it in the difference between the attitude of the slicks .

Reactions: Murray20c8
Am I going crazy? Doesn't a motor spin clockwise? It should torque the body high in the left shouldn't it? Anyway, he needs rear suspension work.
Most engines, when facing the front of the vehicle , have clockwise rotation. Hence the lifting of the left side under heavy torque. In the above picture the front left has lifted more than the right so you are correct. Open an engine hood and rev the engine and you can see the effect of the rotation pretty clearly. I have seen a chain attached to the block and frame on the left side of the engine to counter the effect.

Most engines, when facing the front of the vehicle , have clockwise rotation. Hence the lifting of the left side under heavy torque. In the above picture the front left has lifted more than the right so you are correct. Open an engine hood and rev the engine and you can see the effect of the rotation pretty clearly. I have seen a chain attached to the block and frame on the left side of the engine to counter the effect.
I meant when sitting in the driver's seat, so I'm wrong. It's been so long since I ever gave it a thought. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1st Vette