The Penske Racers…beautiful cars

corp_0710_05_z+c2_corvette_race_cars+.jpg

Out of control beauty...when things go wrong they go wrong quickly..View attachment 15280

When I see pictures of guys street racing with people standing on both sides of the road, I just cringe. I saw a video of a guy doing to do a burn out on a street. An axle broke, wheel came off and the car made a left turn side swiping 2-3 cars. Had people been standing there, it wouldn't have been pretty. At a local late night street drag many years ago, a fool came back through the starting area at about 100 mph and planted an acquaintance in the hood of his car. He went to jail for that one. Glad I wasn't there. I had stopped going to see these street contests when bikes started racing cars. Just too dangerous for my liking.

Last edited:
I'm thinking it is a Spitfire from the looks of the shape of the tail, the cant of the wings and the 6 exhausts on this side (bet there are 6 on the other side hinting at a merlin engine)
Nah,you can see the wings aren’t “elliptical”. This is some sort of Russian aircraft. I’ll forward it to one of my airplane guru guys not sure he’ll reply though. The fuselage behind the cockpit to the tail would be more tapered. This looks almost the same from behind the canopy to the rudder. Hard to say though.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06