Well there was an almost immediate response from Rruuff Day, Eric correctly identifying the gentleman in the pictures above as United States Air Force General Curtis LeMay.

This was part of the caption for the photographs.

"General Curtis LeMay, the man who firebombed Japan with B-29s and later formed the Strategic Air Command, with one of his Corvettes. He allowed organized road racing events on many USAF air bases in the fifties but then the enlisted men complained (as did their wives) because they had to "volunteer" to staff the weekend racing events and that put an end to the runway road races. (One of the few times that bitching and moaning, a military right and tradition, actually put an end to something.) Lemay was a bona fide car nut."

Eric added some commentary of his own about Curtis LeMay.

"I remember a long time ago reading about LeMay. It may have been in school as in Nova Scotia in the 60's American History and Geography were the main points of our education system. He was George Wallace's running mate in one of the US Presidential elections."

So Kudos to Eric for correctly identifying the cigar smoking General with his Corvette.:thumbs:

Hats off to Graham for the John Goodman guess, if somebody was to play LeMay in a movie Goodman would be the guy. They really do look alike. Roseanne not so much.:Biggrin:

I have heard that this band is from the Pine Lake, Alberta area.

27867034_1656580887755469_2074771240866128315_n.jpg

Seconds after posting this I thought bet Graham has their album in his vast collection of vinyl.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
I have heard that this band is from the Pine Lake, Alberta area.

View attachment 14890

Seconds after posting this I thought bet Graham has their album in his vast collection of vinyl.
Those cymbals could be early models of the PAISTE “rude” series. Certainly aren’t the 2002 series like I played exclusively :Ack2:

Que lindo es eso. Actually Murrray, clothing does indeed trap dust and will cause micro scratches on the paints and clear coats. But Id be giving her the choice if I were you.... :rolleyes:
Teehee !!! Just no jeans....the metal decorations scratch cars...lol