Actually, this post is very 'in tune' with the style of Corvette Forums and I never expected it here, quite frankly. It should have been a moderator who stated to either name the company or change the title. Even after I suggested the most effective way to get the attention of the company quickly, you chose to concentrate on the negative. A Google review would have solved everything quick and easy. They get immediate notification and dont want that to remain there. Actually, doesn't ...or didn't Sherwood Park take part in the forums here at one point in time? I could be wrong. Happens time to time. That might explain things a bit more clearly...
To quote a friend, yyssww.

I didn't immediately post the name as just about everybody here in Alberta knew who I was talking about and secondly, in fairness to the dealer, I gave them 24 hours to make it right. They didn't. I posted their name. A google review would have solved nothing. FYI a google review was posted at 1630 hours yesterday afternoon and zero response, so thanks for your suggestion....I purchased an expensive car, was promised a cover, was given a dirty used one, hmmmm trying to find the positive....nope nothing.....

Reactions: ccltj and JamesP
Well I see one positive: you've got a beautiful 2019 C7 GS Convertible! [thanks for sharing the photo]

I just found your Google review. Most of the other ones have a response from the dealer, so hopefully yours will too and it will result in a favourable ending. Keep us posted.

To quote a friend, yyssww.

I didn't immediately post the name as just about everybody here in Alberta knew who I was talking about and secondly, in fairness to the dealer, I gave them 24 hours to make it right. They didn't. I posted their name. A google review would have solved nothing. FYI a google review was posted at 1630 hours yesterday afternoon and zero response, so thanks for your suggestion....I purchased an expensive car, was promised a cover, was given a dirty used one, hmmmm trying to find the positive....nope nothing.....

But that's EXACTLY why you should have posted the name, for the benefit of everyone there in Alberta. Considering the dealer gave you a dirty, used cover for full pop portraying it as new, there should have been no 'in fairness to the dealer' involved. Did you not bring it back and return it? What was said there? How are they going to make it right...by giving you exactly what you paid for? You should have, and still should amend the title to this at the end of your wording "- Capital Chevrolet "

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj
But that's EXACTLY why you should have posted the name, for the benefit of everyone there in Alberta. Considering the dealer gave you a dirty, used cover for full pop portraying it as new, there should have been no 'in fairness to the dealer' involved. Did you not bring it back and return it? What was said there? How are they going to make it right...by giving you exactly what you paid for? You should have, and still should amend the title to this at the end of your wording "- Sherwood Park Chevrolet"

While some posted their displeasure with Sherwood Park Chevrolet, "Cariboocreek" is talking about Capital Chevrolet in Calgary.

Reactions: AllFlash
But that's EXACTLY why you should have posted the name, for the benefit of everyone there in Alberta. Considering the dealer gave you a dirty, used cover for full pop portraying it as new, there should have been no 'in fairness to the dealer' involved. Did you not bring it back and return it? What was said there? How are they going to make it right...by giving you exactly what you paid for? You should have, and still should amend the title to this at the end of your wording "- Sherwood Park Chevrolet"
If you are going to hammer away at my thread, then at least do me the courtesy of accurately reporting what I have posted. CAPITAL GMC Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Whew....glad we got that sorted out.🤣

If you are going to hammer away at my thread, then at least do me the courtesy of accurately reporting what I have posted. CAPITAL GMC Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Whew....glad we got that sorted out.🤣

Just fell off my chair laughing so hard. I just proved my own point. Lol. Sorry. Jim McEwen is going to ragging me out I am sure. Lol.

Reactions: ccltj and Dantanman
So as part of the deal on my 2019 GS, a cover was to be included with the car. As it is not a stocked item I understood that it would need to be ordered. I signed the deal Feb 2, 2020 and took delivery a couple of weeks later. No cover. Its still ordered. No problem. I text the sales guy on Feb 24 he responds on Feb 25 that he is looking into it. On March 4 he calls and says it will be there in a couple of days. Still no bigee. Of course shortly thereafter Covid hit and a car cover seemed small potatoes. Sales guy calls today and says cover is in. Yippee. Off we go to the dealer. We get there and lone behold there is a bright red corvette cover sitting on a chair. I said is there no bag or box. He says this is what parts gave him. I say thanks, grab the cover and head out. Driving away mom looks at the cover and says did you know it's filthy. Nope I said. She looks at me with the “look” and says its USED! We pull over and sure as little green apples grow, the cover is both dirty and used. I call the sales guy. He says it was the owner of the dealerships Corvette cover. I say some things....He says he is officially “looking into it”.

They tried pawning off on me a used cover for a new Vette. Unfreakin believable. I purchased two high end vehicles from them in 8 months. The first deal was a complete trainwreck and I only returned because of the great price on the car. I am now convinced to never, ever, have my shadow darken their door again.
You should have learnt from the first experience. Doing it the second time is no excuse. Enjoy your ride but the experience remains 😳

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.