No you are not Capitalizing and the Capital of Alberta is yeg and the Capital is not Calgary. Capital usually spelt with a Capital C at the beginning of a sentence...
Really ?
Who crapped in your Cheerios? 🤣
You are 300 kms North of where this dealership is ... This isn’t about what you are perhaps leading to and giving me s**t for perhaps mot understanding the meaning behind my words ... 😠

Last edited:
Really ?
Who crapped in your Cheerios?
You are 300 kms North of where this dealership is ... I’m getting s**t for no reason at all ... 😠
It was a joke just dropping more hints of the dealership name that op should have posted in the title.....I'm done here. This post is just bizzare.... Hope any future paint issues of repairs are dealt with by this dealer in a more professional manner.

Bee Four Eye Git any more BS I will write down
that the name is very likely C A P I T A L ...
and not the one 300km North - there it Bee Dun.

Well an update of sorts. Yes it is Capital in Calgary. Yes I will be leaving several reviews this evening. Yes as of 4 pm today MST, they have done nothing. Sales guy (who said in a text message that he would make this right by this morning) has gone into radio silence.

The cover, although not the biggest issue in my life, has now become a matter of principle. I have it in writing from the Sales Manager in February, that he would throw in a cover as part of the deal. Silly me for expecting that it would be new.

I will never purchase or service at Capital nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Well an update of sorts. Yes it is Capital in Calgary. Yes I will be leaving several reviews this evening. Yes as of 4 pm today MST, they have done nothing. Sales guy (who said in a text message that he would make this right by this morning) has gone into radio silence.

The cover, although not the biggest issue in my life, has now become a matter of principle. I have it in writing from the Sales Manager in February, that he would throw in a cover as part of the deal. Silly me for expecting that it would be new.

I will never purchase or service at Capital nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Capital chev still owes me a window sticker on a z06 for 130 grand

pathetic eh

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii

Well stated my friend. The big things in life are usually subject to mediation and resolved but it's the little things that make or break a reputation with any business. Those are the things that go by the wayside as trivial and not worth their time. BIG MISTAKE as these may be trivial to them but to the customer they count big time as an indication of caring for their customers. One of my favorite sayings is "If you look after the pennies, the dollars take care of themselves".

No you are not Capitalizing and the Capital of Alberta is yeg and the Capital is not Calgary. Capital usually spelt with a Capital C at the beginning of a sentence...

frank is a bit shy and was just trying to,help by adding clues to this thread

he did not intend to ruffle any feathers, in fact I was confused about his post until realizing
it was the damn dealer I bought 2 corvettes from

The riddle was really fun 👍🏻
Made my day - not having many of those so a Big Thanks.
Some may have taken a riddle more as gossip - but yyssw - I still enjoyed.

The joke of my quote - I’m still lost.
But I am good moving along without understanding. Seems to be a norm of late but small compared to much bigger indifferences that are going on elsewhere. This however, was quickly water under the bridge - no hard feelings as my words may definitely not match my demeanour. I’m cool ...

Last edited:
sherwood park chev is a joke they hammer folks on prices and don’t care after sales. This has been going on for years. well know in the area

This one resonates with me. When I was shopping for a vette they had stock. This was late fall of 2016. When I saw the vettes they had out on the lot it was obvious they were there all summer and not cared for even once. They had more dust on them than a boneyard Vega would have after multiple years and at least 3 them were covered in bird s**t that was very white and very hard so it had been there for a long time. I made sure when I started working with Northgate to find me what I wanted to tell them that I did not want any vette from SP Chev.

This one resonates with me. When I was shopping for a vette they had stock. This was late fall of 2016. When I saw the vettes they had out on the lot it was obvious they were there all summer and not cared for even once. They had more dust on them than a boneyard Vega would have after multiple years and at least 3 them were covered in bird s**t that was very white and very hard so it had been there for a long time. I made sure when I started working with Northgate to find me what I wanted to tell them that I did not want any vette from SP Chev.

yup... enough said.

Sales absolutely sucks. Service has been very good. Will never! Ever! buy another vehicle there again

I was at SP June-July 2016 for a 2LT LBR that I really liked. So-called Salesperson said “price is on the GM window sticker and we are in no rush to sell these cars” as we were walking in to write an offer. I replied “Ok, I guess we are done before it begins and I can leave now” and went straight to my truck right after having the dude hold open the door to the Salescenter for me - I refused to enter. He said something while watching my backside heading away ... not really sure what it was and it of course doesn’t matter... 😂👍🏻
Bought my first Corvette at Northgate a couple of weeks later on the last day of July in 2016 ... Good Fortune ... and proudly drove it home to Calgary.

I'm OK with anyone who can embrace SP.
I sure won't hold it against them.
I've since picked up an accessory there
via another dealer (only one in YEG to have it)
I just won't be one to buy a new vehicle there.

Last edited:
Reactions: ccltj and Vegas1500
...it shows just how much we have fallen as a society, where someone can literally screw you and you are afraid to mention their name and stand up to what really occurred, to the benefit of others

A little off topic, but this resonated with me for a slightly different reason.

My guys used to come into my office all the time with the “I heard” or “someone said this” or “someone did that” complaints.

I’d always stop them at that point and demand the name of whoever did/said whatever. If they gave me a name, I’d continue listening. If they refused, they’d be shown the door in very short order.

The way I explained it to my guys was if you are going to complain about something/someone, have the balls to actually name them. Then its no longer just idle gossip, but a situation that I could fix. Or not fix, as the case may be.

My guys figured out very quickly I didn’t put up with that gossip/BS in my shop.

And everyone was happier at work because of it. Everyone knew where they stood and everyone knew that idle gossip BS was a sure way to get you in hot water with the Master Warrant Officer. If you've never been in the military, trust me: the last thing you want is an MWO or CWO gunning for you...it wouldn’t end well....for you....

If you wanted to deal in BS and gossip in my shop, it was made perfectly clear right up front that you needed to go work somewhere else....or I’d be making that decision for you....

:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your experience with your Corvette cover "Cariboocreek" and I'm surprised this happened. I know Capital Chevrolet prides itself on focusing on Corvettes and supports the "Corvettes Unlimited Club" (Calgary's Corvette club) by hosting most of its monthly meetings in its second floor boardroom. I trust it will "right this wrong" and supply you with a new cover and I look forward to your update posting letting us know how this ends.

That should shut Les up hopefully 👆

Actually, this post is very 'in tune' with the style of Corvette Forums and I never expected it here, quite frankly. It should have been a moderator who stated to either name the company or change the title. Even after I suggested the most effective way to get the attention of the company quickly, you chose to concentrate on the negative. A Google review would have solved everything quick and easy. They get immediate notification and dont want that to remain there. Actually, doesn't ...or didn't Sherwood Park take part in the forums here at one point in time? I could be wrong. Happens time to time. That might explain things a bit more clearly...

Last edited:
Reactions: banjo and rockitman
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.