Power User
Mar 27, 2019
Bonnyville
VetteCoins
Car
70th #1259
Province
AB
So as part of the deal on my 2019 GS, a cover was to be included with the car. As it is not a stocked item I understood that it would need to be ordered. I signed the deal Feb 2, 2020 and took delivery a couple of weeks later. No cover. Its still ordered. No problem. I text the sales guy on Feb 24 he responds on Feb 25 that he is looking into it. On March 4 he calls and says it will be there in a couple of days. Still no bigee. Of course shortly thereafter Covid hit and a car cover seemed small potatoes. Sales guy calls today and says cover is in. Yippee. Off we go to the dealer. We get there and lone behold there is a bright red corvette cover sitting on a chair. I said is there no bag or box. He says this is what parts gave him. I say thanks, grab the cover and head out. Driving away mom looks at the cover and says did you know it's filthy. Nope I said. She looks at me with the “look” and says its USED! We pull over and sure as little green apples grow, the cover is both dirty and used. I call the sales guy. He says it was the owner of the dealerships Corvette cover. I say some things....He says he is officially “looking into it”.

They tried pawning off on me a used cover for a new Vette. Unfreakin believable. I purchased two high end vehicles from them in 8 months. The first deal was a complete trainwreck and I only returned because of the great price on the car. I am now convinced to never, ever, have my shadow darken their door again.

So as part of the deal on my 2019 GS, a cover was to be included with the car. As it is not a stocked item I understood that it would need to be ordered. I signed the deal Feb 2, 2020 and took delivery a couple of weeks later. No cover. Its still ordered. No problem. I text the sales guy on Feb 24 he responds on Feb 25 that he is looking into it. On March 4 he calls and says it will be there in a couple of days. Still no bigee. Of course shortly thereafter Covid hit and a car cover seemed small potatoes. Sales guy calls today and says cover is in. Yippee. Off we go to the dealer. We get there and lone behold there is a bright red corvette cover sitting on a chair. I said is there no bag or box. He says this is what parts gave him. I say thanks, grab the cover and head out. Driving away mom looks at the cover and says did you know it's filthy. Nope I said. She looks at me with the “look” and says its USED! We pull over and sure as little green apples grow, the cover is both dirty and used. I call the sales guy. He says it was the owner of the dealerships Corvette cover. I say some things....He says he is officially “looking into it”.

They tried pawning off on me a used cover for a new Vette. Unfreakin believable. I purchased two high end vehicles from them in 8 months. The first deal was a complete trainwreck and I only returned because of the great price on the car. I am now convinced to never, ever, have my shadow darken their door again.

I would insist they rush you in a new cover with a bag and throw in a Vette shirt for all of the hastle. I hate greasy stealerships!

Reactions: ccltj
Who is the dealer? Be out with it. There is nothing illegal whatsoever about telling what truly and honestly happened to you. You are assisting others here by providing it. In fact, you will probably find that, by posting it here, and most DEFINITELY doing a similar Google review, they will call you quickly and make you an offer to change or pull this ...but most definitely that Google review.

Those that have been around or spend 5 minutes searching threads already know the answer. So you figure it out. Or send a PM instead of your silly bullying on a public thread. SMH
Wow, Was not meant to be bullying ....sorry you took it that way.... was generally interested to know so they can be avoided and appear others wanted to know as well.....seems this virus has everyone pretty wound up....

Wow, Was not meant to be bullying ....sorry you took it that way.... was generally interested to know so they can be avoided and appear others wanted to know as well.....seems this virus has everyone pretty wound up....

read what you wrote... It's ok I don't really care what you think and yes... you likely have a good point. Some of us are getting a bit wound up these days.

Actually I added this edit: I apologize for my terse answers. You are correct.

I will stand up for what I said. When you title a thread 'Be careful of this dealer' and you don't mention the dealer, the purpose of the thread seems to come into question. Personally, threads like this bother the sh## out of me because it shows just how much we have fallen as a society, where someone can literally screw you and you are afraid to mention their name and stand up to what really occurred, to the benefit of others. The end result becomes one where we all have a more general distrust of all dealers, solely the reasponsibility of one. I mean think about it... Your title is 'Be very careful with this dealer'

Last edited:
Dealerships are like lawyers. 99% of them give the other 1% a bad name. (All lawyers on this forum are good ones). I agree that the dealership should be slammed on Google and Yelp. And the salesman who wronged you Al. I would expect that this dealership likely gets a boatload of email complaints daily and never reads them but I would post your complaints on line and send them the links at least. They have 5 more C7's for sale sitting on their lot in Calgary at the moment and a warning to others who might be in the market for a Vette or any car would certainly be appreciated if it were me.

Reactions: Jeffer2013
Dealerships are like lawyers. 99% of them give the other 1% a bad name. (All lawyers on this forum are good ones). I agree that the dealership should be slammed on Google and Yelp. And the salesman who wronged you Al. I would expect that this dealership likely gets a boatload of email complaints daily and never reads them but I would post your complaints on line and send them the links at least. They have 5 more C7's for sale sitting on their lot in Calgary at the moment and a warning to others who might be in the market for a Vette or any car would certainly be appreciated if it were me.
It is my intent. In the interests of fairness I have given them until today to rectify. I will post specifics, including their response, very shortly.

Well they are not located in the provincial capital.
The one I won't deal with again after 3 vehicles is near the provincial capital...
Me thinks the NAME and LOCATION
of the Dealer is cleverly mentioned in
Both responses above and magically
somewhere below my Avatar to the left.

... I might be capitalizing on perhaps knowing the answer as well ...

Too bad this happened. I'm not happy with their
cheap resolve that represents the Dealership as a whole
in exchange for the power in your "word of mouth"
on the Forum. Especially when it comes to those of us who are
known to make referrals, I appreciate that you did this. Thx!

On a constructive note for others ...
I always have my throw-in inclusions written in the
notes box on the Bill of Sale at the Point of Sale.
Now I might have to add the words "new in box"
with "installed" for my next purchase. Good Dealers
appreciate this from good repeat customers.

This Dealer invites me to park my "His & Her's" there every
year (well this year's is likely cancelled) for their
Corvettes Only Show. I will still attend as I do meet
a few good people there. My hope is that they
make for a good resolve ...

Last edited:
I already mentioned this...the value of your Google review. They get notified as soon as you post and they will want to have you remove or improve that review immediately.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.