Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I contacted 6 B.C dealers this morning about ordering an E-Ray. Huge lists. Wanted money to put my name on a list - not. No orders placed yet apparently. Only dealer I know that has is Kelowna. They offered the 1st allocation to me; but, when I factored everything in: $30K over MSRP, trade-in for my C8 and all the bloody taxes, I said - no thanks? Allocations based on 2023 3LT orders. If anybody from B.C. knows something different I'd love to hear back. I was hoping to get an E-Ray to celebrate my 75th B.D. - LOL. I will use any excuse. Same story but worse for the Z06!! I am on a Dueck list only as the others want over MSRP like Kelowna.

I contacted 6 B.C dealers this morning about ordering an E-Ray. Huge lists. Wanted money to put my name on a list - not. No orders placed yet apparently. Only dealer I know that has is Kelowna. They offered the 1st allocation to me; but, when I factored everything in: $30K over MSRP, trade-in for my C8 and all the bloody taxes, I said - no thanks? Allocations based on 2023 3LT orders. If anybody from B.C. knows something different I'd love to hear back. I was hoping to get an E-Ray to celebrate my 75th B.D. - LOL. I will use any excuse. Same story but worse for the Z06!! I am on a Dueck list only as the others want over MSRP like Kelowna.
I wish you luck as it’s a very worthy cause, congratulations on your 75th 🎂:blowcelebrate:

It’s because of the climate emergency, lol . Poor Vancouver will grind to a halt. We are praying for you. :Angelsad2:
Please do as it is appreciated. Going nowhere to-day or tomorrow probably? Miss two tennis matches. Drink beer and watch the A.O. on T.V. - LOL.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Buy a lightly used Lamborghini. You are nuts for spending $250k+ on an E-Ray.
Loaded E-Ray 3LZ with ZER pkg. HTC would be about $176K. Way less than a 5 yr used lambo Huracan and way cheaper to service pretty close to same performance , not to mention way more utility in terms of storage for trips.

Reactions: JOHNNY MAC
most of us had to pay a deposit of $2500 to get on a waiting list for a C8 so that is completely normal. On top of $2500 initial deposit, some dealers are now asking for as much as $7,500 non-refundable order submission deposit when they match your order to their allocation, so if you walk away from your order/car they will keep $10,000

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
most of us had to pay a deposit of $2500 to get on a waiting list for a C8 so that is completely normal. On top of $2500 initial deposit, some dealers are now asking for as much as $7,500 non-refundable order submission deposit when they match your order to their allocation, so if you walk away from your order/car they will keep $10,000
Yes, unless the dealer catches it (order) in time for the next person to order or someone likes your build?

Of course they will take the $10k off the price when they sell the car.... NOT!

• Agree
Reactions: Murray20c8
Of course they will take the $10k off the price when they sell the car.... NOT!
Spoke to Duecks about deposits and was told that they have had cars arrive and the buyer deciding not to take the car for whatever reasons and took buyer to finance to get reimbursed for their deposit. Dealer Coquitlam had loaded Z06 arrive and person could not take delivery - deposit returned and car put showroom: called me to buy - black loaded coupe - not my color in C8 & want HTC - wanted MSRP - $200K less $115K for my car.

Why would they? It’s there to discourage bad customers from wasting allocations and leaving a dealer with an unsold car on the books with a custom spec that other may or may not want
Given the fact that Canada will likely receive a minimum amount of E-Rays, I'm pretty sure any spec would sell immediately. If I was a dealer, an E-Ray on the floor will attract tons of looky see traffic and a quick sell.

Given the fact that Canada will likely receive a minimum amount of E-Rays, I'm pretty sure any spec would sell immediately. If I was a dealer, an E-Ray on the floor will attract tons of looky see traffic and a quick sell.
Not only that, but they can then sell the car for MSRP and still make 10K over MSRP. It's a win for them! I could be wrong, but I believe many dealers are still selling walk aways over MSRP.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day