Based on what I have read and seen with my own eyes the trident wheels seem pretty descent quality. Obviously you can buy better quality aftermarket wheels. I had MRR wheels on my Mustang and while they looked great the quality was poor. Constantly having to touch up the powder coating . The tiniest grain of sand would cause a chip. The lugs they supplied were absolute garbage. Car was low mileage and I had 10 big wheel chips . MRR makes some nice looking products but they are just cheap "flow forged " wheels . IMO. I have no problem paying for the tridents knowing GM will back them. I do agree that GM could do a lot better on wheel choices though.

Maybe MRR quality has improved since your Mustang use? I'm ++ pleased with their NES rims and find them good quality, easy to clean and their lugs work fine. I was also happy with their before and after sales efforts and their shipping to Canada. My only "problem" was they shorted me one lug but quickly replaced the entire set when I pointed that out.

Maybe MRR quality has improved since your Mustang use? I'm ++ pleased with their NES rims and find them good quality, easy to clean and their lugs work fine. I was also happy with their before and after sales efforts and their shipping to Canada. My only "problem" was they shorted me one lug but quickly replaced the entire set when I pointed that out.
Did you purchase direct from MRR, or a third party vendor? May purchase a set here in Ontario for my upcoming '22 order. Thanks

Last edited:
Not that I know of...
Netsinah did you upsize your wheels ?

Remember “Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder“
In regards to the casting issues my C8 was built after the Trident casting issues where found my second set was gone over by GM no issues found plus they back up what they produce.
I think they should produce them in Canada not Mexico tough.
Over 30% of C8 deliveries where Trident wheels.
So some people must like them.
Having worked in the industry for over 30 years my Parts Manager acquaintance got me a good deal on my black tridents.
I found a staple the other day had to drive with my spare for a few days.
My TPMS told the car it had slow leak changed wheels over took about 15 minutes of driving for the computer to realize hey it’s ok now and the dash light went off.
I took a picture just for u Gilles27. Enjoy !
62DEA851-FDFC-4FB6-859F-0966B7C68F0D.jpeg

P.S. In case it’s hard to clean your wheels the ceramic coating works real well. Avalon King one bottle will do two sets of wheels and the brake dust wipes of very nicely. I also used it on the calipers.

Did you purchase direct from MRR, or a third party vendor? May purchase a set here in Ontario for my upcoming '22 order. Thanks

I purchased direct from MRR and dealt with Carlos. I went with the OEM rim sizes, so nothing different. Bought the NES FG-X brushed aluminum (gun metal colour) and Carlos threw in an extra set of center caps (black MRR), plus an extra lug key at my request in case the original one was misplaced. I always like to keep a key in the glove box and another at home. Here's a photo comparison showing the original aluminum OEM versus new after-market rims:

C8 old rims.jpg C8m New Rims 1.jpg

I purchased direct from MRR and dealt with Carlos. I went with the OEM rim sizes, so nothing different. Bought the NES FG-X brushed aluminum (gun metal colour) and Carlos threw in an extra set of center caps (black MRR), plus an extra lug key at my request in case the original one was misplaced. I always like to keep a key in the glove box and another at home. Here's a photo comparison showing the original aluminum OEM versus new after-market rims:

View attachment 85930 View attachment 85931
Thanks, nice upgrade but I am an old school guy, looking to do chrome on torch red it's a fire truck fetish I think.

Just wondering why anyone would pay extra for a worst looking wheel than stock , the money GM charges for these you can buy aftermarket wheels with proper offsets and much better designs that compliment the car
Absolutely!
Especially the 5-trident-spoke machined-face Spectra Grey wheels, which look proper on every colour and at only $1,875 are easily the best value and most under ordered wheel offered. (Ya, ya, go ahead and insert any salesmen comment you want here.)

Attachments

• IMG_0775_Original.jpg
    IMG_0775_Original.jpg
    944.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3736_Original.jpg
    IMG_3736_Original.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9418.jpg
    IMG_9418.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8790.jpg
    IMG_8790.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8695.jpg
    IMG_8695.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8312.jpg
    IMG_8312.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Absolutely!
Especially the 5-trident-spoke machined-face Spectra Grey wheels, which look proper on every colour and at only $1,875 are easily the best value and most under ordered wheel offered. (Every extra option gains me a tad more in commission! <insert Jeff rubbing his hands together>)
;)

Reactions: Vette411
Just wondering why anyone would pay extra for a worst looking wheel than stock , the money GM charges for these you can buy aftermarket wheels with proper offsets and much better designs that compliment the car
I'm not understanding the comment about the offsets. Do the Trident wheels have different offsets than the stock wheels?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.