IMO Tridents are too busy. I've always preferred a basic 5 spoke design or a modified 5 spoke / 10 spoke design.
Never liked the honeycomb wheels on the Firebirds etc.
Though when a wheel had a dish shape way back, I preferred a slotted rim.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparro and Gilles27
Trident wheels ARE the worst upgrade.
If you have 1LT interior as they make it look like crap.

nice try Boomer
The Raccoon wouldn't even use tridents on a winter setup with the ugly Xmas tree design, guess having money for a 3LT doesn't buy good taste
IMG-20210213-WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
I think any upgrade wheel GM is offering on the C8 is a waste of money. It has nothing to do with the design, but everything to do with the offsets. If I was to do it all over again, I would have just ordered the car with stock wheels, and put the money towards something in the aftermarket.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Just wondering why anyone would pay extra for a worst looking wheel than stock , the money GM charges for these you can buy aftermarket wheels with proper offsets and much better designs that compliment the car
your opinion only, was on our cruise yesterday, and they look great, long with yellow calipers. Personal tastes are so different.

Reactions: raycer
OEM Wheels regardless of an opinion of design are better quality than many cheap aftermarket wheels that many Forum members on a budget choose.
That is kind of obvious. Of course oem will be better than a knock-off wheel, but oem are terrible compared to quality aftermarket which can sometimes be had at the same price point even.

Make sure you go get those cheap overpriced Tridents checked, GM already reporting that 13 000 wheels recalled

CAST WHEEL PROS: Inexpensive, better than stamped steel wheels, readily available.

CAST WHEEL CONS: Brittle, prone to cracking and failure, have to use more material to maintain strength (heavier than alternatives -flow formed or forged).

CAST WHEEL ON O.E.M. VEHICLES: Your mom’s Honda Civic with all-weather passenger car tires

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Based on what I have read and seen with my own eyes the trident wheels seem pretty descent quality. Obviously you can buy better quality aftermarket wheels. I had MRR wheels on my Mustang and while they looked great the quality was poor. Constantly having to touch up the powder coating . The tiniest grain of sand would cause a chip. The lugs they supplied were absolute garbage. Car was low mileage and I had 10 big wheel chips . MRR makes some nice looking products but they are just cheap "flow forged " wheels . IMO. I have no problem paying for the tridents knowing GM will back them. I do agree that GM could do a lot better on wheel choices though.

Just wondering why anyone would pay extra for a worst looking wheel than stock , the money GM charges for these you can buy aftermarket wheels with proper offsets and much better designs that compliment the car
Personal Preference. You paid extra for Sebring Orange and lots of people think its ugly (among the least-popular paint options in 2020, therefor discontinued) So your point is pretty much mute.

Personal Preference. You paid extra for Sebring Orange and lots of people think its ugly (among the least-popular paint options in 2020, therefor discontinued) So your point is pretty much mute.

Orange was 4th right after what lots of people think wreck the lines of car and loses the contrast of the black accents that look so good , black. The point about Tridents is they are cheaply made cast wheels ( design aside ) with terrible offsets and not a cheap option.

Back to you Mr. Model T

1629721783732.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.