HI Guys. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Crystal Red 2013 at Don Wheaton. @netsinah offered to check it out for me, and WOW was he thorough and keen. The deal is signed and the money is transferred, and now I'm waiting on the shipping company.

I ended up going with Mackie's, as I have read good things about them, and their price was the most reasonable. For reference, I was quoted $1900 CAD + tax (13% in Ontario!). However, that includes door-to-door service in an ENCLOSED truck. Livingston was the cheapest but that was either open truck or rail, and they said they need 5" of clearance, and I think the C6 is only 4".

I'm so excited to become part of the Corvette family. You guys have been simply awesome!

Thanks in advance, and I hope to be chatting more with you soon!

Congrats. Welcome to the Corvette family :thumbs: And a big thumbs up for @netsinah as well.:thumbs:

Reactions: ncnmra
I spent almost 3 hours including a test drive, so I went over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb as if I was going to buy it myself. I can't believe I missed turning on the A/C though. Then about an hour and a half sending "ncnmra" a detailed email to report on the car.

I found it interesting that they "don't normally allow test drives with Corvettes since they're a high-performance vehicle" but they made an exception for me trying to facilitate an out-of-province sale and once I told them I had some track experience. Don Wheaton treated me very well and I dealt mainly with Robyn but some other salespeople helped out too. I was a bit disappointed there were no C8's in their shop being prepared for customers, for me to look at. Oh well; can't have everything.

My only worry is whether I'll get a speeding ticket since I've now learned that Fox Drive has some sort of box with photo radar hidden inside of it. I've seen those before around Edmonton but only twice in 40 years so they're super rare. I simply had to test out the C6's torque and shifting to get a proper feel for the car so I "may" have exceeded the speed limit a few times...

I'm glad a nice C6 will soon find an appreciative new home.

HI Guys. I ended up pulling the trigger on the Crystal Red 2013 at Don Wheaton. @netsinah offered to check it out for me, and WOW was he thorough and keen. The deal is signed and the money is transferred, and now I'm waiting on the shipping company.

I ended up going with Mackie's, as I have read good things about them, and their price was the most reasonable. For reference, I was quoted $1900 CAD + tax (13% in Ontario!). However, that includes door-to-door service in an ENCLOSED truck. Livingston was the cheapest but that was either open truck or rail, and they said they need 5" of clearance, and I think the C6 is only 4".

I'm so excited to become part of the Corvette family. You guys have been simply awesome!

Congratulations. A happy ending to your story and a very happy beginning to be soon driving the car you wanted. There is no debate over how good it feels to drive your first Corvette. Everyone here has had that amazing feeling.
@netsinah You are the man! well done brother. :thumbs:

Month-end happiness for both buyer and the the May Sales Report at the Dealership ... gotta love it :thumbs:

Congrats on the purchase :Woohoo:

Awesome to witness the support of great membership of this Forum :canada:

Please post an epilogue PHOTO of the Corvette in your hands or at a local back-ground stop while being driven on the road @ncnmra ... it's a MUST !

Last edited:
Reactions: OL Yeller
Please post an epilogue PHOTO of the Corvette in your hands or at a local back-ground stop while being driven on the road @ncnmra ... it's a MUST !
Thanks for all the support and kind words guys! There are a few things I'll need to do to it to make it "mine" before I show it off. Namely, I want to change out those rims! I was looking at some C7 Stingray rims, they look pretty good on the C6.

C7 Rims.JPG

C6 with C7 Rims.jpg

C6 with C7 Rims 2.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
We have no rules against “Before” and “After” and “work in progress” ... besides,
it will take the boredom away from so
many “progress” photos of my own 😇

looks like you have a good project to start ... as O.C.D.set in ... (obsessive corvette disorder) 😃 👍🏻 Cheers !

Is anyone here from Edmonton? I live in Ontario and am considering a vehicle I found there. Wondering if anyone could take a quick look to confirm it is not being misrepresented?
My Son does BUT I don't think he is a car guy . He had to take his bosses car to see a client, told me it was black car with a upside down PEACE sign on hood lol

That's awesome, glad the car turned out to be what you wanted and that you were able to close the deal.

Hi there
I just purchased a vette and wanted to ship from Ontario to Alberta. Would you mind sharing which company gave you the enclose shipping quote. Would appreciate the details if you have them at hand
thanks
O

Hi there
I just purchased a vette and wanted to ship from Ontario to Alberta. Would you mind sharing which company gave you the enclose shipping quote. Would appreciate the details if you have them at hand
thanks
O
Maybe we should pick up each other's cars and meet half way. Hahaha.

I ended up booking with Mackie:

They quoted me $1900 CAD (+HST) door-to-door. The tax is based on the province of destination, so presumably, you'd only pay 5% GST.

Curious: What car did you get, and why Ontario? I found the pricing in Ontario consistently higher for all Corvettes, but I suppose if you found the perfect model then that would be a different story.

Maybe we should pick up each other's cars and meet half way. Hahaha.

I ended up booking with Mackie:

They quoted me $1900 CAD (+HST) door-to-door. The tax is based on the province of destination, so presumably, you'd only pay 5% GST.

Curious: What car did you get, and why Ontario? I found the pricing in Ontario consistently higher for all Corvettes, but I suppose if you found the perfect model then that would be a different story.
30% discount usually if he hauled what is called a back load to close where he lives or picked up. Jeff

Last edited:
  • Informative
I'm happy to say that the car arrived! I got the car on Monday, and was able to get plates with a temporary sticker. I'm getting the safety done tomorrow, and replace the rims.

PS: Mackie was great. They under-promised and over-delivered. Car arrived two weeks earlier than they originally quoted, so I'm happy!

I will start a new thread with some photos, and my "to do list".

A big THANKS to all of your help and suggestions and a HUGE thanks again to @netsinah for helping me make the decision.

Delivery.jpg

I'm happy to say that the car arrived! I got the car on Monday, and was able to get plates with a temporary sticker. I'm getting the safety done tomorrow, and replace the rims.

PS: Mackie was great. They under-promised and over-delivered. Car arrived two weeks earlier than they originally quoted, so I'm happy!

I will start a new thread with some photos, and my "to do list".

A big THANKS to all of your help and suggestions and a HUGE thanks again to @netsinah for helping me make the decision.

View attachment 41154
Congrats ncnmra. Miles of smiles now. Don't forget to wave. :thumbs:

Congrats ncnmra. Miles of smiles now. Don't forget to wave. :thumbs:
That's funny! The first time I hit it in second gear put a smile and a toddler level giggle on my face. It has been a journey.

As I took it for a drive around the country roads, I ended up behind a guy in a silver (sixties?) 'Vette. He was stopped at a stop sign, and saw me in his rear view and gave me a big thumbs up. I returned the favor and waved back. The commrodery of the 'Vette crowd is really cool. I didn't really get that feeling with the BMWs I've had in the past ;)

I also wanted to mention that I've made a donation to the forum on behalf of @netsinah. This forum and his help were paramount to getting this deal made. Thanks again all!
Very decent of you to honor the Forums with a donation.
We take every compliment as a team here and truly appreciate
the extra effort done by an individual member.
Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.