Jul 27, 2013
ontario
VetteCoins
Car
I know a few of my friends are feeling it....but I am REALLY starting to feel it. The cold weather has kept the snow around here since late November as I am sure many of you have experienced. The lack of sunlight is getting depressing....I'm over it.

Maybe it's because I did not have any time off work this year over Christmas...maybe it's just that summer flew by so fast because I was working on things every weekend with the house...I don't know...but whatever it is has me grumpy lately.

I know I am Canadian, I can appreciate the snow, I can appreciate seasons, but this year....MAN has winter DRAAAAAGED.

Anyone else starting to get the "winter blues"

PS - this post not intended to ruin your day :seeya:

:agree:

You have not ruined my day. We were talking about this very thing this morning. Cabin fever is setting in really really bad. I am a little depressed by the lack of sunshine. Perhaps the worst is that I cannot see an end to winter. Snowed all day today and it was very cold and damp. As the snow goes then for us the big concern is flooding and lake ice. I have a real fear of of it after the mess of last year.

I wish you all the best in overcoming your "winter blues", they are real and they are depressing. We all will survive. :canada:

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: already been through 5 cord of wood, can't do any work on the new house, stuck indoors 'cause it's so friggin' cold. pretty soon i'm gonna put on my tin foil pyramid hat and mood ring and start chantin' hare friggin' krishna !!!!!!

Serenity Now!

I think the whole country is feeling it....except those west coast people..:mad:..........:D

In the prairies we are expecting a break from this cold starting Saturday then it may just start warming up for spring!......but I won't be holding my breath.

I'm not doing well at all .Elves get VERY mischievous when they have cabin fever .I take stratara and they have increased my dosage .:swear: I will not do another winter in Maine without a break .

I took a Zl1 for a drive today with a customer and it made me feel 10X better spring is almost here and to celebrate 0% for 84 months on the new Camaro

I know a few of my friends are feeling it....but I am REALLY starting to feel it. The cold weather has kept the snow around here since late November as I am sure many of you have experienced. The lack of sunlight is getting depressing....I'm over it.

Maybe it's because I did not have any time off work this year over Christmas...maybe it's just that summer flew by so fast because I was working on things every weekend with the house...I don't know...but whatever it is has me grumpy lately.

I know I am Canadian, I can appreciate the snow, I can appreciate seasons, but this year....MAN has winter DRAAAAAGED.

Anyone else starting to get the "winter blues"

PS - this post not intended to ruin your day :seeya:

Excellent thread CD -- I can relate.

In extreme cases they call it S.A.D. -- Season Affective Disorder. and yes it can make for some cranky and down moments. (ask me how I know) ....

Here's a link to its explanation and is a very good writeup:

Seasonal affective disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Complicating things too is the longer, colder, and snowier winter that can add to the depression.
Let's all get thru this together......sometimes it's not easy.:D

Thanks for bringing it up.

C.

I know I've had enough of winter when as I'm driving on the roads I'm thinking of being in my car, the top down, lady at my side, +25 and...................
Damn it's been too long!

I'm sick of it. We've been hit especially hard with snow accumulation this year. I'm afraid we'll still have snow around in April. I haven't posted lately as I can't think of anything positive to say. I've even entertained thoughts of selling my car as it just seems pointless owning it. :(

I don't plan on selling the corvette....but the cougar is going to be up for sale this year. Having 2 summer cars just has the season to short now.

As for snow accumulation....we have had just over 2 metres here of total accumulation (not accounting for any drifts) and my front lawn has not been less than 2 feet high all winter....looking at 8+ foot piles every day as I exit my driveway is getting old real quick.

On the bright side....sun came out today....YAAA!

Wahoo..... it is much warmer in Edmonton today..... 2 more days and warm spring type temps will be here. Spring is close!

Brian

I like the sound of that. Sounds like the forecast is for a warming trend towards the end of the week and into next week.
It's a start -- there is hope and it appears that we will get a spring this year.:rolleyes:

Hang in there folks -- we'll get our 'vette weather back and this winter will become just a memory.....:D

C.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the March forecast which was given a week ago. March is to be colder than normal and Spring will be slow in coming. So much for hoping that Corvette-driving weather will be here soon! Depressing isn't it?

March weather will be colder than usual, forecasters say - Canada - CBC News

Can't find a specific link, but heard on the radio last week that the Canadian and American forecasts both are in agreement that "March will be much colder than normal with lots of snow, and April will be colder than normal."

Looks like southern Ontario is close to ground zero for cold for at least another month according to NOAA:
NOAA Climate Outlook says cold could linger through March

Ghastly! We may not be driving until May!

Not the worst I've seen here in Cambridge either. Sure the forecast is for colder than normal but not so bad: about 5 to 10 degrees below the 30yr. average.

That beats the hell out of the 10 to 15 degrees below the average for Jan and Feb..

As far as I'm concerned it's looking better and better for a drive here and there starting in April -- a little drive goes along way.... :D

We get over another hump on March 9th: Daylight saving time starts back up and we get that hour back that they keep snatching away from us in November.

A very mediocre forecast and some more afternoon sunshine doesn't sound like much but it's a start......:D

We'll get there, guaranteed.

C.

Wahoo..... it is much warmer in Edmonton today..... 2 more days and warm spring type temps will be here. Spring is close!

Brian

Brian I'm glad your so optimistic lol. Don't know if its a good thing when "warmer" to us is -16C!!! But your right it did feel better today and the long range looks to be good more like Spring.
Case75 it would be very unusual for us not to have snow throughout most of April or even well into May. I was going to post some pics but I didn't want to drag this thread down.
Anyone use the lighting that is supposed to work for S.A.D?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.