1697318492908.png

I got an email saying my account is locked and I have to reset my password.
Is it the same as My Chevrolet account? I haven't used either in well over a year.
Easy Peasy, change your password and done. The two factor authentication is necessary and you should take advantage of that on all your apps if it's available.

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
The two factor authentication is necessary and you should take advantage of that on all your apps if it's available.
It is NOT necessary!! It's only protection from people who don't protect their password or use their dogs names etc.

• Agree
Reactions: MKC8
FWIW, I can't get into My GM account using the Firefox browser, but Chrome works. This has happened before on other apps/websites.
It also forced the 2FA "code" on me. Sent to my email address on file with them, which is OK with me.
In general, I hate 2FA where they force SMS/voice codes on you.
I don't have a landline, my cell tower coverage is dismal, and they won't send it to my email address, because most say "email isn't secure, but your smartphone is". Nonsense.
I've never had an email address compromised, or lost/stolen my laptop, but I've lost 2 cell phones, while unlocked, in the last 4 years.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.