The Chicago Mercury. 1936. The epitome of streamlined elegance. Mercury was the name used by the New York Central Railroad for a family of daytime streamliner passenger trains operating between midwestern cities. The Mercury train sets were designed by the noted industrial designer Henry Dreyfuss, and are considered a prime example of Streamline Moderne design.

1715199733263.png

So ..... had cause to whip by Leslie today .... They removed the 40 000 dollar LFLRT model because some councillor saw it and said the little figurines that were modeled inside to depict patrons were not politically correct :D thats all i'll say about that ... so now it is squirrled away in some closet at Hillcrest complex

However I did get a chance to snap some pics inside the carhouse that some may find interesting ... Hope they loaded without issue

Attachments

• lf1.jpg
    lf1.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 0
  • lf2.jpg
    lf2.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 0
  • lf3.jpg
    lf3.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 0
  • lf4.jpg
    lf4.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
So ..... had cause to whip by Leslie today .... They removed the 40 000 dollar LFLRT model because some councillor saw it and said the little figurines that were modeled inside to depict patrons were not politically correct :D thats all i'll say about that ... so now it is squirrled away in some closet at Hillcrest complex

However I did get a chance to snap some pics inside the carhouse that some may find interesting ... Hope they loaded without issue
Very cool. Thanks for sharing !

• Winner
Reactions: Vettenut