Never heard of it..I guess I'm not vintage enough..LOL
Yep! A long stick with a loop on the end for the trainman (engineer was on the other side) to hoop their arm through with the latest orders. They would remove the paperwork and throw the hoop back down. That dates back to the late '50"
Saw plenty of that back then.

38C7C733-E162-41FE-95AE-2416FB07C3DA.jpeg

King and Frederick St. ..... this morning Streetcar / Auto pic was sent to me by a co-worker .... some serious injuries :(

PHOTO-2024-06-01-16-28-12.jpg
How would that happen ? Excessive speed ? Mechanical failure ? Too bad some passengers were injured. You never can tell when things are going to go sideways, luck of the draw quite often.

How would that happen ? Excessive speed ? Mechanical failure ? Too bad some passengers were injured. You never can tell when things are going to go sideways, luck of the draw quite often.

I'm not sure of all the details .... but it was a collision with an auto ... those streets are so tight in that area ... the streetcar derails and momentum just propels it sideways

Absolutely not the first time its happened ... and wont be the last unfortunately

King and Frederick St. ..... this morning Streetcar / Auto pic was sent to me by a co-worker .... some serious injuries :(

PHOTO-2024-06-01-16-28-12.jpg
I dont know what the hell it is but this site is really working bad for me ... half the time my pics dont load and the pages are painfully slow to load

Try again on this collision

Attachments

• June 1 '24.jpg
    June 1 '24.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread