FB_IMG_1712508863982.jpg

TTC G train .... Built Gloucester England 1953 - 1959

250px-The_Red_Rocket_%281%29.jpg

And I believe these are the newest trains they are currently operating Bombardier ... started coming in 2009

Ontario's Transit Fleets of the Future's Transit Fleets of the Future

And they are currently trying to get these ones

TTC Issues RFP For New Subway Trains | Steve Munro
Progress I guess but I think I prefer the top ones. More character.

Progress I guess but I think I prefer the top ones. More character.
Oh yes for sure .... and the G trains were really cool in that when they passed a third rail gap ... the lights would go out then come back on again ... that issue was fixed with the next generation of trians .... of course the " H " train .... H1,H2,H3,H4 built by Hawker Siddeley

File:TTC H1.jpg - Wikipedia

Oh yes for sure .... and the G trains were really cool in that when they passed a third rail gap ... the lights would go out then come back on again ... that issue was fixed with the next generation of trians .... of course the " H " train .... H1,H2,H3,H4 built by Hawker Siddeley

File:TTC H1.jpg - Wikipedia
The Trenton Car Works in Nova Scotia operated by Hawker Siddeley had the largest industrial press in North America. You could hear it operating for miles stamping out axles and wheels.

Not technically a locomotive but from 1923 to 1965 when they were retired .... they of course had to follow the rules of the Highway traffic act but they were also under the jurisdiction of the railway act .... like all streetcars ... even today. They have 2 of them ... that were restored ... at TTC's Hillcrest complex ( Harvey Shop ) and they are used for photo shoots .. weddings ... graduations etc... the almighty Peter Witt ...

This pic although I swiped it from the net .... was taken at the Hillcrest complex at Bathurst and Dupont

Vintage 1923 Peter Witt Streetcar 2766 / TTC (Toronto Tran… | Flickr

And this brings us to our next point The PCC = Presidents Conference Committee

If memory serves I think the TTC bought them used from another transit agency ... not sure which ... these were in service even beyond the TTC's acceptance of 200 CLRVs in the mid late 70s ... then came the ALRV in 1985 or there abouts ( which was an extended articulating version of the CLRV ) And these vehicles stayed in service until the last CLRV and ALRV were retired at the end of 2019 And full time service was ( and still is ) handled by the new 7.5 million dollar per unit ... 5 section articulating Low Floor LRT ... the first one originally aquired by the TTC in 2014.... By the way ... if you were to walk into the New Leslie Barnes Maintenance facility at Leslie and Commissioners st ...you will be greeted by a Low Floor LRT model that measures about 5 feet long encased in glass that TTC paid 45 grand for yup no joke.

PCC
TTC marks 80th anniversary of vintage PCC streetcar with ceremonial ride -  Toronto | Globalnews.ca

CLRV
Canadian Light Rail Vehicle - Wikipedia

ALRV
File:TTC ALRV 4233 was part of a parade of 4 generations of streetcars.jpg  - Wikipedia

LRT # 4400 was the first one to enter service

TTC Rolls Out Its New Low Floor Streetcar Deployment Plan | UrbanToronto

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread