Rail Fan Day? Couple of fine looking locomotives...

3 1 5.jpg

Eric, I have not heard from Doug (Buckhorn 76) in quite a while. We used to have a great time with our "Lunch at Doug's" get togethers and I miss seeing all those guys. Keith Tedford is the only one who seems to be still around and that is good.

I will try to find out how Doug is doing and if he is still racing the Studebaker. Your are right the train does look similar.

I knew the engineer on the Ontario Northland that ran daily from North Bay, Ontario to Toronto. There was a chip truck in a little town called Brechin, Ontario that was right by the tracks. They would call ahead order fries and one of them would run to pickup the order. I am sure a lot of passengers were PO'd they did not get fries. :Biggrin:

Their train used to get into Union Station in Toronto right a rush hour. Somewhere coming south one day they hit a moose and despite their efforts they could not dislodge the unfortunate beast. They pulled into the packed station with the attached moose and the screaming started, the folks were horrified at the sight. Yikes.

Got to ride that train once in the cab, it was a lot of fun.