CP 4718.jpg

@OL Yeller, Don, hope all is well. Stay safe.

The only GM product is the locomotive engine.

"A General Motors Electro-Motive Division switcher works the Ford Rouge plant. Steam was long dead and EMD built the best at that time."
Glad you answered that. I was getting eye strain, and I probably would have lost sleep.

OK so there is no train but there are tracks and Empress of Canada was owned at the time by Canadian Pacific. The ship once went aground near Vancouver, the passengers had to be recused. The ship itself became the first "Carnival Cruise Line" ships in the early 1970's.

upload_2022-9-23_19-18-57.png

OK so there is no train but there are tracks and Empress of Canada was owned at the time by Canadian Pacific. The ship once went aground near Vancouver, the passengers had to be recused. The ship itself became the first "Carnival Cruise Line" ships in the early 1970's.

View attachment 101129
Very interesting. Just to add a bit, the truck , according to google lens, is a 1932 A5 International Semi Tractor. This got me curious as you've indicated the ship was a cruise liner in the 70's and, I thought, that's an old boat. So.. wikepedia ... there were 3 ships by this name...the pictured one appears to be the first one ,built in 1920... it met its demise in 1943 as a troop carrier, sunk by an Italian U boat.

Users who are viewing this thread