Hello Vintage, I guess you win, its all in the details, I'll send you the $1 Canadian Peso, as soon as Randy sends it to me.

Here you go
1652019630090.png

OK so not a train this morning. In all the years of looking at old stuff this is the first time I have seen an advertisement for Great Lakes Shipping, Montreal based Canada Steamship Lines. It depicts the ship Whitefish Bay from the late 1950's early 1960.

The name Whitefish Bay has been associated with CSL since 1960. The first Whitefish Bay was launched on November 23, 1962 at Davie Shipbuilding, Lauzon PQ. This vessel measured 730-feet long by 75-feet wide by 39-feet deep and was powered by a Parsons Marine Turbine Co. 10,000 SHP steam turbine engine, giving her a rated service speed of 15 knots. This ‘Bay Class’ straight decker was converted to a self unloader in 1969 and renamed Quetico. The Quetico operated until 1983 when in a unique instance, was re-converted to a straight decker and given back her original name. The old bulker put in another decade in the grain trade until she was retired. Sold for scrap in 1993, she was towed to China to be broken up ironically where her successor would be built almost 20 years later.

t-3.jpg

OK so not a train this morning. In all the years of looking at old stuff this is the first time I have seen an advertisement for Great Lakes Shipping, Montreal based Canada Steamship Lines. It depicts the ship Whitefish Bay from the late 1950's early 1960.

The name Whitefish Bay has been associated with CSL since 1960. The first Whitefish Bay was launched on November 23, 1962 at Davie Shipbuilding, Lauzon PQ. This vessel measured 730-feet long by 75-feet wide by 39-feet deep and was powered by a Parsons Marine Turbine Co. 10,000 SHP steam turbine engine, giving her a rated service speed of 15 knots. This ‘Bay Class’ straight decker was converted to a self unloader in 1969 and renamed Quetico. The Quetico operated until 1983 when in a unique instance, was re-converted to a straight decker and given back her original name. The old bulker put in another decade in the grain trade until she was retired. Sold for scrap in 1993, she was towed to China to be broken up ironically where her successor would be built almost 20 years later.

View attachment 96202
Captain. I think we took a wrong turn somewhere.....

Users who are viewing this thread