I just received my car back from PPF and Ceramic Coating and as this is the first car I have done this to, I would like to get some input on expectations. I have to say right now I am underwhelmed.
Not going to say who did it. And I was told to wait for bubbles and blisters to heal out. Anyone who has done this to their car, please let me know what your experience was like. I have filmed the front end, mirror caps, and rockers. Lots of blisters. Just picked up Friday so again I don't want to panic if this is all normal.
Advice?

I'm no expert but know enough PPF folks to expel (geddit) someone else's opinion on this topic.

Depends on the size of the bubbles, small ones in theory should dissipate. Large ones means they didn't spend long enough on each section. Bubbles absolutely can and should be removed during installation. Some may form after if they used gel products for the application of the film. They may pop them after with a needle if large enough. Personally I'd give it a week and bring it back. For the money you should be happy with the result.

When I had tint film applied to my windows there were many tiny bubbles.The installer told me not to wash the car for a week and the bubbles would disappear by evaporation through microscopic pores in the film. Not sure of the microscopic pores but the bubbles were gone in a couple days. Now... If the microscopic pore theory was correct, I wonder if a ceramic coating applied over the film would impede the evaporation? Just a thought.

When I had tint film applied to my windows there were many tiny bubbles.The installer told me not to wash the car for a week and the bubbles would disappear by evaporation through microscopic pores in the film. Not sure of the microscopic pores but the bubbles were gone in a couple days. Now... If the microscopic pore theory was correct, I wonder if a ceramic coating applied over the film would impede the evaporation? Just a thought.

Interesting point. One I have not heard before.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
... sorry my reply will be a bit different ...
however not advocating anything differently ...
My installed xpel ultimate came with bubbles.
I had it done at my home on all 4 vehicles - asked right away.
Was told the prep & the application "solution" was key -
the fella has done this for years.
Was told this specific material cannot be over-worked.
I will not share any of his secrets openly on here ...
and was told bubbles would evaporate too.
So today, bubbles are gone on all 4 vehicles I had done.
No ceramic on them. A year later,
same thing when I had to have a paint repair that was under xpel.
Paint refinished, new xpel ultimate put on ... still the damn bubbles.
Again today, they have gone away.
Any that do not go away in good time,
I would then go back and question them.
I would suggest to give it a week ... and see. That's what I did.
If many small ones go away, chances are the larger ones will
but perhaps in longer time - I speculate on that as an optimist of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC and ddgermann
I plan on wrapping the whole car with Expel and then ceramic coat it. I go to a guy that has been doing this for 23 years.He stands behind his work. Some of the cars I have seen in his shop are worth ten times what my Vette will be. If it ever gets built. If I get the 2020 it will likely be near November. Later than that it will be bumped to a 2021.

Reactions: ddgermann and ABC
Reminds me of a funny story. One installer I know told me this woman came to his shop to get her windows tinted. Just before she left he told her not to roll down the windows for a week. She said ok. She got in her car and he watched her leave. She politely rolled down her window to wave good bye. LOL.

For the DIY crowd, this is a good Canadian source.

Bubbles large or tiny are caused by air or water. If they don`t come out in a few days., you may need to extract air or water by using a hypo needle as I did. In fact Vivid sells and extractor for this purpose.
Yes doing ppf is unforgiving . I do my own and have a needle ready when any bubbles appear while applying the film before the adhesive(glue) dries.

Reactions: ABC
Mine is in right now getting PPF and self healing ceramic. Thanks to Netsinah for suggesting Nova Detailing.....that is if they do a good job lol.

All I can say now is that they better come through for you, or my reputation (such as it is) will suffer immeasurable harm! Give us a full report once the deed is done. :)

Had mine done this week, picked her up today.
I had Xpel Ultimate and 4 coats of Ceramic Pro.
Put Xpel on entire bumper, hood, fenders, A pillers, top roof rail, mirrors, rockers up door about 9", and about 16" up
on rear fenders.
I have a number of bubbles about the size of a pinhead, have to look hard to see them but they're there.
No wrinkles or blisters anywhere.
They told me the tiny bubbles will disappear in the sun as the material shrinks and tightens.
Time will tell.
I'm happy but not ecstatic with the job. Will be very happy if bubbles disappear.
I just received my Sigali carbon flash rockers and they will wrap and ceramic this week so I can install.
Are you happy with the quality of the Sigali carbon flash rockers, also how much were the brokerage fees?

Reactions: kerry4
The quality is very good, the carbon flash paint is an excellent match to the GM colour.
The fibreglass seems sturdy and I am happy with them.
I did a rough fit before I took in to PPF installer and they fit well.
Unfortunately when I went in to pick the car up I noticed they weren't installed on car, he
had forgotten to PPF and ceramic them. So I have to pick up later this week and install.
The only issue I see in the installation is because I have a 4 post lift there won't be enough
room to get my drill between the ramp and rocker to drill holes. I will need a 45 degree attachment for my drill.
The brokerage and taxes were $165. Canadian. I received via UPS 7 days after I ordered.

After I had placed my order and paid I wondered why I hadn't called Kippscott to see what their price would have been.
I know they bring in from US and it takes 3 weeks for them to get, but I was kicking myself thinking I might have been able to
save some money had I checked with them.
Perhaps someone here who is interested in a set might check with them before they order from Sigali and let us know their price.

The quality is very good, the carbon flash paint is an excellent match to the GM colour.
The fibreglass seems sturdy and I am happy with them.
I did a rough fit before I took in to PPF installer and they fit well.
Unfortunately when I went in to pick the car up I noticed they weren't installed on car, he
had forgotten to PPF and ceramic them. So I have to pick up later this week and install.
The only issue I see in the installation is because I have a 4 post lift there won't be enough
room to get my drill between the ramp and rocker to drill holes. I will need a 45 degree attachment for my drill.
The brokerage and taxes were $165. Canadian. I received via UPS 7 days after I ordered.

After I had placed my order and paid I wondered why I hadn't called Kippscott to see what their price would have been.
I know they bring in from US and it takes 3 weeks for them to get, but I was kicking myself thinking I might have been able to
save some money had I checked with them.
Perhaps someone here who is interested in a set might check with them before they order from Sigali and let us know their price.

I did my C7 install with a right angle Bosch cordless drill which I already had. If you don't know anyone that has one, Amazon has a right angle attachment cheap cheap cheap. If you were a little closer,I would lend you both the drill and my air rivet gun...

Amazon product ASIN B07NQS465R

• Agree
Reactions: Blu427
I did my C7 install with a right angle Bosch cordless drill which I already had. If you don't know anyone that has one, Amazon has a right angle attachment cheap cheap cheap. If you were a little closer,I would lend you both the drill and my air rivet gun...

Amazon product ASIN B07NQS465R
I'm going to look through my tool cabinet, I may just have one of those from my younger handy man days!!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Picking her up today. Nice shine! When I see her up close I will know if the PPF was expertly applied....or not.

Attachments

• 59F46A95-159D-47E7-B879-45BA38F22BBF.jpeg
    59F46A95-159D-47E7-B879-45BA38F22BBF.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.