Nov 29, 2019
Etobicoke
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 2LT Z51
Province
ON
I just received my car back from PPF and Ceramic Coating and as this is the first car I have done this to, I would like to get some input on expectations. I have to say right now I am underwhelmed.
Not going to say who did it. And I was told to wait for bubbles and blisters to heal out. Anyone who has done this to their car, please let me know what your experience was like. I have filmed the front end, mirror caps, and rockers. Lots of blisters. Just picked up Friday so again I don't want to panic if this is all normal.
Advice?

PPF application is an art from what I'm told.
Ceramic is easy comparatively.
I'll be very interested in what response you get. Did you ask on MECF? I'm sure many there have done it.
I've narrowed it to 2 companies and I'll be able to ask about this.

Reactions: ABC
I agree it is an art. And I am not saying what they did was not right. I just don’t know what to have expected. I won’t name the shop as they came highly recommend as the west end TO guys. They said not to get excited about the bubbles and they will dry out or they can fix later with a follow up. The C8 is a nightmare front end apparently. They have done several before mine so should have it down.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I agree it is an art. And I am not saying what they did was not right. I just don’t know what to have expected. I won’t name the shop as they came highly recommend as the west end TO guys. They said not to get excited about the bubbles and they will dry out or they can fix later with a follow up. The C8 is a nightmare front end apparently. They have done several before mine so should have it down.

I was also told to “be patient” with bubbles and a crease on my Expel Ultimate but it never changed and that’s for a black car that sat in the hot sun many times. As well, I didn’t ceramic coat that car and suspect 4 layers of ceramic coat over the PPF might make it even more resistant. So I wouldn’t wait too long for them to try and fix it.

• Haha
Reactions: COP8 and ABC

I was told the same on my last Z06 with the xpel install. The bubble was still there when I sold the car after 2 years. I would not accept that line. This is the first I have heard of the C8 being any more challenging than another car to wrap. The self-healing aspect was true though. The sun healed it up well a few times.

I just received my car back from PPF and Ceramic Coating and as this is the first car I have done this to, I would like to get some input on expectations. I have to say right now I am underwhelmed.
Not going to say who did it. And I was told to wait for bubbles and blisters to heal out. Anyone who has done this to their car, please let me know what your experience was like. I have filmed the front end, mirror caps, and rockers. Lots of blisters. Just picked up Friday so again I don't want to panic if this is all normal.
Advice?

Mine's not a C8 but there were zero bubbles/blisters on mine. 3M on the front bumper, Suntek on the rest. Please let the members know what shop did the work. Not to slam them but to warn members to hold off for a couple weeks if the blisters do not heal and they are possibly considering that shop for their work. Thanks

• Agree
  • Clever
Reactions: COP8 and Gilles27
Had mine done this week, picked her up today.
I had Xpel Ultimate and 4 coats of Ceramic Pro.
Put Xpel on entire bumper, hood, fenders, A pillers, top roof rail, mirrors, rockers up door about 9", and about 16" up
on rear fenders.
I have a number of bubbles about the size of a pinhead, have to look hard to see them but they're there.
No wrinkles or blisters anywhere.
They told me the tiny bubbles will disappear in the sun as the material shrinks and tightens.
Time will tell.
I'm happy but not ecstatic with the job. Will be very happy if bubbles disappear.
I just received my Sigali carbon flash rockers and they will wrap and ceramic this week so I can install.

I agree with some of the above comments. I has 3M and it did have some bubbles I was told would disappear. Six years later and I'm still waiting for the disappearance. From what I have read and seen, if the PPF is applied correctly, there should ne virtually no bubbles and the corners should wrap around the panel.

I agree with some of the above comments. I has 3M and it did have some bubbles I was told would disappear. Six years later and I'm still waiting for the disappearance. From what I have read and seen, if the PPF is applied correctly, there should ne virtually no bubbles and the corners should wrap around the panel.
My installer used the precut C8 package from Xpel.
It does not wrap around edges it ends and starts right on the gap edges.
I also had the headlights tinted.

Reactions: ABC and tyho
I asked my installer about the Kavacas wrap that has the Ceramic Pro applied to it at factory by Ceramic Pro.
He said it was too new for him to experiment with and would wait for two years to see what the reviews were
on it after being on the road.
He said he didn't need unhappy customers.

• Agree
Reactions: COP8 and ddgermann
Easy to say when you have 0 blisters or bubbles. For the cost of this stuff the customer deserves to have it right.
That’s where I am. This is not a cheap package at near 5K, I think it should look pretty damn good. I will give it a week then see where it stands. Thanks for all the input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.