Yup, did that, but in direct sun for 10+hours and the C8 cabin is like a greenhouse or sauna. A simple velcro sunscreen is cheap and probably very effective
My first thought was to suggest using the air conditioning or opening a window, but I chose to play silly bugger instead. Good luck with it. ;)

Reactions: harshadt
That’s exactly what I was considering. I didn’t like the suction cup idea I saw elsewhere
Let me know if the velcro works. I tried that on my CRV and the vecro glue came off when hot. Because the C8 transparent top has a bit of frame, maybe it doesnt get very hot.

Let me know if the velcro works. I tried that on my CRV and the vecro glue came off when hot. Because the C8 transparent top has a bit of frame, maybe it doesnt get very hot.
You need to use the right tape. Amazon sells double sided car body tape that will withstand heat.

I got this one solved.... Take a piece of cardboard and make the perfect template. Once satisfied it fits snug, then wrap it with your chosen fabric and seal seams on the top or upper. This will leave the underside like a headliner. Then jam it back into place. I highly doubt it will fall down, if it does do the velcro suggestion. When you don't want to have it in place leave it in the trunk. There an entire business for someone to jump on and run ... lol

I bought a tight weave light weight black cloth which lets through very little light, cut it to shape and used velcro. Works great, lets through almost no light and folds up into a very small size for storage when not needed.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
I bought a tight weave light weight black cloth which lets through very little light, cut it to shape and used velcro. Works great, lets through almost no light and folds up into a very small size for storage when not needed.
wow good job, looks like you solved your issue without the need for aftermarket

So to update on the top- it works perfectly for my purposes where I will be using it a couple of times per year. I don’t think it will work well if you want to use it frequently- the velcro won’t stick well on the fabric part. But otherwise it worked brilliantly to keep the cabin cool when I drove for 8hrs in the direct sun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.