Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
I ask this question as I was just looking at a Ferrari FF and when I truly dug deeper the PTU ( Power Transfer Unit ) or front engine giving it also 4 wd once out of warranty is approx $45-50 thousand to repair. I was speaking to Ferrari of Ontario about it today as I was looking at one on the weekend. When I began to research the E-Ray not long ago I wanted to see what else was in the market offering a separate front drive, GTC Lusso and of course FF came to mind. Just like the E-Ray 12 years ago Ferrari had to go separate engine at the front to keep engine height down. With the E-Ray running drive gear to the front typically from the rear axle would have been as complicated as the Ferrari running from the rear diff forward. Back in 2012 they devised a separate solution that offered the desired outcome being the worlds first 4wd Ferrari..

Once i really got into it I was shocked to find out these details. SO does anyone know or is it just too early to determine in the E-Rays case the cost of Batteries and the cost to replace the front electric motor once out of warranty.

Photos show both front engine options that I know of ... I get it Ferrari is expensive but the fact still remains the E-ray runs cooling pumps to a front gear box.
Curious if anyone knows this type of detail or not.

Screenshot 2024-02-05 162146.png
Screenshot 2024-02-05 162709.png
Ferrari_FF_1.JPG

Actually I am surprised honestly. Despite them making "60" of them or whatever they have a part number and a supplier. I'll check with the service department as maybe they might have something on it already. Surely they don't ship the car out prior to any service training ... lol