all depends on how u see it. we could all meet at the top of the pass right before it drops down to elbow creek campground. park on north side of the road for some covid co-mingling, we could all stay 10feet away, air cheers a nice cold dr.pepper (or tonic water for the quininne lol) and take some cool covid shots.

all staying well within the instructed limits. exceeding actually.

Im definitely not living in fear!!

I have 160 acres and a locked gate. My concern is not so much for myself as it is for the world. The daily rate this disease is spreading has me wondering when and where it will end, as 2 metres of social distancing hasn't seemed to have much effect yet. The Bubonic Plague killed 50 million people and I'm sure when it started people also said... It's just a flu.... No one, including our reactive governments really have any idea what this virus is capable of and won't for a long time. Yes. Get out there and enjoy the ride and coffee while you can but until I see the numbers begin to fall off, I'm more than happy to stay home with a great wife, my german shepherd buddies, and a ton of projects to work on in my shop. I'm not preaching or calling anybody out for wanting to meet up for a ride... It's just my take on things right now... So enjoy, be safe and take some pictures for us... We like pictures here... :thumbs:

ugh.

here is the bubonic plague you so whimsically compare pneumonia to.

there are pictures there. im really....just not sure....if that is a very good comparison but hey.

this is a nice forum with nice people and i’ve no intention of suggesting that you get educated on natural death rates of a population compared to death rates with covid19.....

Anyway, if anyone wants to meet and keep our distance obeying the rules as laid out, im in. posts like the above make me roll my eyes!!! lol!!!

have a great (ruuf) day and i respect your opinion but not your comparison unless its backed by fact.

cheers.

if this weather would break we could all meet up and checkout each others rides.

im sooooo done with the weather.

Simply cannot believe what I am reading. Sadly I see the first responders on a daily basis and they are struggling. Be a non believer thats alright but putting someone else at risk because of your beliefs is well simply unbelievable.

Enjoy yourself but I think you will find that most here have the safety of themselves as well as their families and friends more in mind that coffee and cars at the moment.

yeah thats fine and i respect your opinion too.

i don’t share a fear of meeting and staying within the directed personal space distance. (double it to 12ft. maybe triple it to 18ft? at what point do we simply stay at home in fear? Can we talk with our neighbours outside on the back deck at 18ft apart and if yes then why not in an empty parking lot parked 20ft apart?

and that is fine. we do not have to agree. the part that is really starting to get to me is this virus shaming that has become similar to climate shaming. if a person even so much suggests anything out of what group-think is, they become ridiculed, usually on a social media platform.

I respect your position and i maintain my own position that nothing whatsoever negative could come from meeting like-minded (however few of them there may be as you suggest) fellow vette folks in a remote parking location while maintaining the minimum distance is so appalling.

I wish you good health, physical and mental, through all of this. Fwiw i do have friends in emerg and they do not share the alarmism.

Have a great week.

edit, note that in Alberta anyway, it has not been made illegal to leave your house. I heard through the grapevine (so i dont really take it as 100% truth) that a friend was issues a ticket for walking down a pathway too close to someone. Not sure about the efficacy of that claim as i believe they were walking with their spouse.

Simply cannot believe what I am reading. Sadly I see the first responders on a daily basis and they are struggling. Be a non believer thats alright but putting someone else at risk because of your beliefs is well simply unbelievable.

Enjoy yourself but I think you will find that most here have the safety of themselves as well as their families and friends more in mind that coffee and cars at the moment.

Not much chance of meeting anywhere any time soon by the looks of it. I’d be up for it if my car wasn’t in pieces and I lived closer to Calgary. I’m tinkering away on it,hopefully by the time this corona virus blows over I’ll have it all back together. Cheers and stay positive

well despite what some of my ccf compadres advise, im ready to meet in a parking lot while maintaining the proper distance!

anytime! ill be the guy in the red zr-1 in calgary driving with spirited fervour!

when the gate opens to the mountain passes, there is an excellent turn off point atop the pass on 66 before descending down to little elbow. great spot to meet and keep our distance, and a great drive to get thier!

i just cant get onboard all this doom and gloom!!

cheers all.

Reactions: ddgermann
an excellent day burning cheap gas in the zr-1 today. pulled my wheels off today because i have major brake squeal. i figured i had worn pads but then remembered that i still had track pads on.

102D86E7-8438-40F4-A8F3-9E724C3CF444.jpeg

then someone sent me this to watch which i found particularly interesting!

worth the watch!

Reactions: ddgermann
an excellent day burning cheap gas in the zr-1 today. pulled my wheels off today because i have major brake squeal. i figured i had worn pads but then remembered that i still had track pads on.

View attachment 39436

then someone sent me this to watch which i found particularly interesting!

worth the watch!

All good with your brakes. Some nice news for a change. I also had that interview sent to me. It definitely inspires some thought as those guys have massive credibility if they are indeed who they say they are.

PS: Excellent plate

I'm willing to meet once my c4 is put back together which should be this weekend !! My c5 will be going in for service as I noticed the rear diff has "leaky butt" syndrome and will be in need of repairs ffs. One thing after the other I tell you

right on another c4 and c5 owner.

what part of town are you in?

im on an acreage just south of town and would be happy to ho through the drive through at shawnessy tims and then flip up the hoods and talk c4’s! ill bring the Z

Hey Guys, Tonight we are doing a cars and coffee down at shawnessey tim hortons in calgary at 7pm. All invited! there is a massive parking lot so u can stay farther apart if u are into that.

supposed to have afternoon rain showers but over by 5pm so a 7pm ish rendezvous should be good to go.

i will endeavour to take a bunch of photos again. Invite anyone you think may be into it.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Tonight we are doing a cars and coffee down at shawnessey tim hortons in calgary. All invited! there is a massive parking lot so u can stay farther apart if u are into that.

supposed to have afternoon rain showers but over by 5pm.

i will endeavour to take a bunch of photos again. Invite anyone you think may be into it.
what time will you be there?

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.