Ok, I’ve had enough of this thread. You’re all WRONG!! Rapid Blue with the twilight tension blue interior is the only colour choice, period end of discussion! Ok, ok I’m joking…or am I?

Damn, it’s a nice colour!
97E15D2E-DA07-4CC6-8223-1C4C5380DCF9.jpeg

Ok, I’ve had enough of this thread. You’re all WRONG!! Rapid Blue with the twilight tension blue interior is the only colour choice, period end of discussion! Ok, ok I’m joking…or am I?

Damn, it’s a nice colour!
View attachment 86218
It is a damn nice color indeed, “electric” blue, just glows, and one of two pastels that let’s people know that something awesome and exotic is approaching, from 12 blocks away. Says I own the road and move aside !!!

Yet the man selling me my car (that also has a popular YouTube channel) told me depends on what you want, some colors are more timeless than others, suggesting the pastels might not remain as timeless versus the reds, whites, and blacks.

In my opinion Rapid blue is too subdued. I've never seen the AO in person, but the Sebring Orange was very much alive and bright as is the Torch red. Torch red has orange in it and Sebring Orange had yellow in it I believe.
I do not think so? Not any orange in torch red from what I can discern. To each his own.

I'm definitely replacing my Sebring Orange with Amplify Orange for 22!
I am surprised to read something like this. Most of the SO owners seem happy with their choice, and seem to appreciate the flake in the paint. I had read on other forums some disappointment for the removal of flake, making the new AO seem a bit too flat (even though I find it a little brighter and more electric like RB). It's rare to find someone like yourself who would trade in a SO for an AO, so curious as to your reasoning. In your case, you already made up your mind you like orange and are sticking to it, so steps ahead of me. At least there are a couple of guys in ON ordering AO, gives me a chance (hopefully) to drive up (from QC) to see them in person, to help me when my build comes around early next year.

I am surprised to read something like this. Most of the SO owners seem happy with their choice, and seem to appreciate the flake in the paint. I had read on other forums some disappointment for the removal of flake, making the new AO seem a bit too flat (even though I find it a little brighter and more electric like RB). It's rare to find someone like yourself who would trade in a SO for an AO, so curious as to your reasoning. In your case, you already made up your mind you like orange and are sticking to it, so steps ahead of me. At least there are a couple of guys in ON ordering AO, gives me a chance (hopefully) to drive up (from QC) to see them in person, to help me when my build comes around early next year.
With regards to the color SO is a nice orange however, I wanted a brighter or lighter orange from the get go. Often I find SO reminds me of a traffic cone color.

Additionally, I thought I could live without the creature comforts of 2LT but miss the heated and cooled seats, the upgraded stereo, cameras and would like the PDR. This time around I'll be 2LT and Z51 and still with the mag ride as it's worth it.

Amplify looks great:

amplifyo_eee11f5053ea8fc8ed74e277203cd4a8863d806f.jpg

I do not think so? Not any orange in torch red from what I can discern. To each his own.
I believe it's a fact. I could still be wrong, but that is what I've heard multiple times. It's the Sebring orange I'm not sure of.
You can tell there is orange in the red by watching the museum cameras. Sometimes it looks very much orange. I believe that is what makes the colour so bright and different from other reds. Anyway, I mean it's part of the pigment and not a two tone where you look in one direction and see orange kind of thing

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
I believe it's a fact. I could still be wrong, but that is what I've heard multiple times. It's the Sebring orange I'm not sure of.
You can tell there is orange in the red by watching the museum cameras. Sometimes it looks very much orange. I believe that is what makes the colour so bright and different from other reds. Anyway, I mean it's part of the pigment and not a two tone where you look in one direction and see orange kind of thing
My 69 is Monza Red but it looks orange when it is in direct sunlight.

Attachments

• Red Vert.jpg
    Red Vert.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 17
With regards to the color SO is a nice orange however, I wanted a brighter or lighter orange from the get go. Often I find SO reminds me of a traffic cone color.

Additionally, I thought I could live without the creature comforts of 2LT but miss the heated and cooled seats, the upgraded stereo, cameras and would like the PDR. This time around I'll be 2LT and Z51 and still with the mag ride as it's worth it.

Amplify looks great:

View attachment 86220
Traffic cone, too funny, we have LOTS of those on our terrible roads here in Mtl, so I hear you !! Without taking away from the pastel color chat, I do agree on the 2LT point. My initial plan was to purchase an affordable C8, so 1LT coupe, but then the HTC came out and I fell in love, so another $10K to spend. Then I compared 1LT to 2LT, so many creature comforts in the 2LT, the biggest ones for me is sound system, cooling seats and HUD in that order. I am an audiophile, and love my music, and while I will enjoy the engine and exhaust sound, I also want to enjoy some louder music. Having come from a car audio background decades ago, it's not fun to have to rip off factory door and dash panels to swap out speakers, pass new power cables to allow the install of higher performance amplifiers, and securing those components in an available space. My wife has lived thru those years with me, so once she found out that the better system was in the 2LT, she insisted for me to spend the extra $10K to avoid tearing a brand new car apart to get better sound. And of course the technology has come a LONG way since the initial days of crappy Bose systems from the 90's and early 2000's. I just hope the 2LT system has enough low end where I won't be missing to have a small sub tucked in somewhere. And think about this, in a HTC many will want to leave the roof open to show off the interior when parked. Depending on how long that interior bakes in the sun, having cooling seats will go a long way from burning your legs or having a sweaty back. And the HUD is a nice feature to have too, without having to take your eyes off the road. Oh yeah, PDR, even if one does not track their car, it is nice to have as a security feature (recording accidents or valet), or to record a nice drive you want to share with others online. Lots of toys for another $10K of spend.

Traffic cone, too funny, we have LOTS of those on our terrible roads here in Mtl, so I hear you !! Without taking away from the pastel color chat, I do agree on the 2LT point. My initial plan was to purchase an affordable C8, so 1LT coupe, but then the HTC came out and I fell in love, so another $10K to spend. Then I compared 1LT to 2LT, so many creature comforts in the 2LT, the biggest ones for me is sound system, cooling seats and HUD in that order. I am an audiophile, and love my music, and while I will enjoy the engine and exhaust sound, I also want to enjoy some louder music. Having come from a car audio background decades ago, it's not fun to have to rip off factory door and dash panels to swap out speakers, pass new power cables to allow the install of higher performance amplifiers, and securing those components in an available space. My wife has lived thru those years with me, so once she found out that the better system was in the 2LT, she insisted for me to spend the extra $10K to avoid tearing a brand new car apart to get better sound. And of course the technology has come a LONG way since the initial days of crappy Bose systems from the 90's and early 2000's. I just hope the 2LT system has enough low end where I won't be missing to have a small sub tucked in somewhere. And think about this, in a HTC many will want to leave the roof open to show off the interior when parked. Depending on how long that interior bakes in the sun, having cooling seats will go a long way from burning your legs or having a sweaty back. And the HUD is a nice feature to have too, without having to take your eyes off the road. Oh yeah, PDR, even if one does not track their car, it is nice to have as a security feature (recording accidents or valet), or to record a nice drive you want to share with others online. Lots of toys for another $10K of spend.
Not to dampen your enthusiasm, but I've heard from a lot of people that there is little difference between the 2 systems and some even say neither is fantastic. I like mine, but though I do love music, I'm no audiophile. I've never had HUD or cooling / heated seats but am certainly getting used to both. :)
The PDR saved me $2000.00 when my rim and tire were damaged by a pothole. The proof of the recording with sound gave Uxbridge little choice and they paid.
AND When did Montreal starting giving a dam about road conditions??? ;)

Reactions: pozi240 and Neils
Glad I created this post, it allows me to connect with some on you, especially within ON, for whom I know have or will have an AO on order, or already own a RB. I look forward to finally seeing pics (sooner than later) once your orders arrive. I plan to refer back to this post between now and Oct, once some of your AO start to arrive, such that I can plan a drive down (from QC) to see them in person. I am really curious to see which color will win me over in person. My mind is telling me to want to AO the most, but my eyes might be wow'ed by the RB (or possibly even the RM), and swap me the other way. Either way, I am specifically looking for HTC setup, so hope those of you with a RB in hand or AO on order can reach out to me (or me to you) so we can hook up in person....

If you see any more pics or deliveries or get more news for the AO, please post them here !!

Reactions: Gilles27
Cam, that looks SPECTACULAR !!! Have always thought black rims was the way to go, but those silver ones look amazing on your ride !!! Congrats man, very tasteful and if I may say, exotic looking !!! Curious if it was always orange for you, or if the reds and RB was an option as well (maybe you answered this higher up).

Might have to add you to my ON roadshow visit (my mental state exercise to help me choose a color for next year's order).

Cam, that looks SPECTACULAR !!! Have always thought black rims was the way to go, but those silver ones look amazing on your ride !!! Congrats man, very tasteful and if I may say, exotic looking !!! Curious if it was always orange for you, or if the reds and RB was an option as well (maybe you answered this higher up).

Might have to add you to my ON roadshow visit (my mental state exercise to help me choose a color for next year's order).
Thanks!

I feel my car has an understated look to it and slightly lowered 9mm.

Part of me feels black wheels are played out and hide the shape and look of the wheels...aka they get lost in the cars look. Rolling shots look good with Blk wheels because they highlight the brake calipers buy still not my favorite.

When I receive my 22 Amplify Orange I'm having the calipers coated to match the exterior color and sticking with these Stance SF07s wheels.

Yes, I've always loved loud Orange colors but I will say both Red Mist and Hypersonic Grey are close 2nd color choices. I'd never go Torch Red...it seems everyone has it unless I wanted to look like a Ferrari...lol

Thanks!

I feel my car has an understated look to it and slightly lowered 9mm.

Part of me feels black wheels are played out and hide the shape and look of the wheels...aka they get lost in the cars look. Rolling shots look good with Blk wheels because they highlight the brake calipers buy still not my favorite.

When I receive my 22 Amplify Orange I'm having the calipers coated to match the exterior color and sticking with these Stance SF07s wheels.

Yes, I've always loved loud Orange colors but I will say both Red Mist and Hypersonic Grey are close 2nd color choices. I'd never go Torch Red...it seems everyone has it unless I wanted to look like a Ferrari...lol
So many questions, but here are the obvious ones:

How the heck were you able to figure you lowered the car exactly 9mm, and more importantly, doesn't a front lift negate the possibility of lowering ?

I also read that while the Z51 comes with coilovers, not a good idea to touch the ride height based on factory calibration (if not taking front lift else no front coilovers present).

Where are you getting the calipers powder coated ? Was thinking to ask the dealer to get it done prior to taking possession since I would not know how to remove them and get it done myself (they will look awesome in orange) !!!

Agreed on the HG, slick color, just not sure if I would get bored of it after a while, versus RB, AO, RM that pop more.

OK, you have my curiosity. I am late to the CCF party (joined recently), so getting to know you guys. I looked up CAMMARI to see if it stood for something, but guessing there is a story behind this nickname. Care to explain ?
Camaro I assumed. Raccoons can't talk very well. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 12cents
So many questions, but here are the obvious ones:

Where are you getting the calipers powder coated ? Was thinking to ask the dealer to get it done prior to taking possession since I would not know how to remove them and get it done myself (they will look awesome in orange) !!!
All calipers are powder coated. If you don't pay for a colour they will come powder coated black. At least they are painted with a very good paint if it's not powder coated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.