@JCWP, being on these C8 forums is like working for an IT or Telcom company, with all the acronyms to try and learn. 22 years in Telecom for me, and now 3 years in Aircraft aviation networks, takes time and patience to learn it all. Most of the acronyms are short for the colors, and my favourite one HTC, the guys here can fill you in because I don't know all the lingo by heart, but for the ones in this post...
HTC - Hard Top Convertible
SO - Sebring Orange
AO - Amplify Orange
RB - Rapid Blue
TB - Twilight Blue (2-tone interior)
TR - Torch Red
AY - Accelerate Yellow
and so on....

The PS above is really a PS (PostScript or "written after") :)

This car looks good no matter which colour you choose. You won’t go wrong with whatever you choose. I fell for the Rapid Blue with the blue interior.
Nice ride John, tried to PM you but looks like that function is disabled (maybe because I am a newbie). Would love to meet up with you (drive up from Quebec) to see your ride. Trying to decide between RB and AO, and it's not easy to find folks close by who happen to have those colors in HTC form and particularly with the black roof look. The RB might be a little easier to track down, but the AO is a brand new '22 color as you know, and I was super surprised to find someone in ON who will soon own exactly that build in AO. So figured I might make a weekend out of it, head up to Ontario, visit guys like yourself and the AO member, and then connect with the dealership who is supposed to get me my ride by next year, and try to evaluate their allocation success so far (according to the new GM rules), and see what quarter my car will land next year. Please PM me so we can stay in touch, looking to drive up probably sometime in Oct when the other gentleman gets his AO delivered.

Anyone else on here considering the AO color ? The RB seems to be the winner between the pastels so far. I can also say, I appreciate the new HG (@JCWP there's another acronym for you), very sporty, and lands you nicely between black and silver, but a little too subdued for my personal taste. So far only found 1 guy on here who has actually committed to an AO order.

Anyone else on here considering the AO color ? The RB seems to be the winner between the pastels so far. I can also say, I appreciate the new HG (@JCWP there's another acronym for you), very sporty, and lands you nicely between black and silver, but a little too subdued for my personal taste. So far only found 1 guy on here who has actually committed to an AO order.
That was my second choice AO - accelerator orange - LOL. I've seen the RB up close at my dealer on a C8 HTC delivery and really liked it. AO, maybe if I saw it, I would choose it? Either way, both awesome colors IMHO.

Reactions: Neils
Red Mist is THE color for C8. But I might be a little biased. This color pops, sparkles and shines. Nothing but great comments on the color from day one.
C8 Corvette pic 1 Aug 11-21.jpg
c8 Corvette after PPF - Jun 17-21.jpg

Red Mist is THE color for C8. But I might be a little biased. This color pops, sparkles and shines. Nothing but great comments on the color from day one.View attachment 86206View attachment 86208
Oh man, you just had to throw RM back in my visuals. That was my initial choice for colors, with exactly that natural interior. But then the family had a say, don't do red, it just blends in, it's yet another red like everyone else. Yesterday I was out at a restaurant, and I saw a similar color on a truck, and from my vantage point, I understood what the family was implying, it's a nice color, but blended into the parking lot with all of the other colors. This coming from a guy who had that color as first pick. While I know it is an attention getting color, I was slowing moving into that louder exotic car color category, the ones you see on Lambos, McLarens and Porsches, the neon yellows, lime greens, bright oranges. It's not for everyone that's for sure, and the RM is the classier color, the one you can live with longer term, no doubt.

I feel I am talking to myself now, sigh, trying to convince myself to add RM back onto the list. My poor sales guy who will have to deal with me when the time comes, I will be a complete wreck for choosing a final color. Lucky for me I still have some time to see these cars in person, which will surely help in the selection process. I do love your build, pretty much how I would set mine up, maybe with some more aggressive rockers added, possibly black rims, but the rest pretty spot on.

To my original post, not sure we can add RM to the pastel battle though, it was more of a SO vs RM battle, now that the orange has the flake removed, it jumps into the RB space !! I know if I send your pics to my buddy (who is a Porsche guy), he would say I would be nuts if my build did not look similar to yours, he loves that candy apple color, and so do I.

That was my initial choice for colors, with exactly that natural interior. But then the family had a say, don't do red, it just blends in, it's yet another red like everyone else. . . he loves that candy apple color, and so do I.
Red Mist definitely does NOT blend in, especially in the bright sun. I say get what you love (RM) and you won't regret it. Maybe the family have not seen RM in the bright sun.

Wish I had a HTC image for the AO, but at least the image represents the new color, my feeling is that a black top HTC AO will look just as hot & exotic as the RB, once seen in person.

Attachments

• 081421_17.jpg
    081421_17.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image_16336.jpg
    image_16336.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • image_41549.jpg
    image_41549.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image_13274.png
    image_13274.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 19
Red Mist definitely does NOT blend in, especially in the bright sun. I say get what you love (RM) and you won't regret it. Maybe the family have not seen RM in the bright sun.
I know many will say, who cares about the family, it will be me primarily driving and enjoying it, but I want to have fun with this, and involve them too, and of course share the excitement, and of course encourage the wife to head out with it with my teen son in the passenger seat to enjoy it too. They are being respectful in letting me have the final say, but you get what I mean on the intentions. That is exactly what I have planned with them. Already in touch with a couple members here in ON, and once one of them takes possession of their AO HTC next month, will head up from QC and spend a couple days down there to hopefully see their rides in person. I had plans to go to Jersey for a summer vacay (by car), but with the land border still closed had to change plans. And if we had gone down, would have stopped over at Ciocca to see practically every C8 color under one roof. Now my only source of visuals will be guys on here, and closer to me (OT or ON).

I really like orange, but I wish it was deeper, the metallic flakes really made it pop more. This looks a bit flat... if it was Sebring Orange still I would 100% get that color. Amplify Orange I'd have to see in person. (then again I have the same issue with Torch Red lol)
You mean you haven't seen Torch red in person or it looks a bit flat?

Red Mist is THE color for C8. But I might be a little biased. This color pops, sparkles and shines. Nothing but great comments on the color from day one.View attachment 86206View attachment 86208
My friend has that color. Its OK - LOL. I do like the wheels - I am ordering them on mine with the low profile spoiler & Z51 pkg. RB is the color though!!! Looks great man - just toying with you.

You mean you haven't seen Torch red in person or it looks a bit flat?

I've seen it person, my neighbor has one across the street haha... Torch Red is the color I'm most likely getting, though I almost wish it was a a tiny bit more metallic (but no where near as much as Red Mist). It's strictly nit picking here.

Reactions: Murray20c8
I've seen it person, my neighbor has one across the street haha... Torch Red is the color I'm most likely getting, though I almost wish it was a a tiny bit more metallic (but no where near as much as Red Mist). It's strictly nit picking here.
I prefer the torch red over the RM. It, RB & AO were my three color choices. I like how "red" the TR is and it looks great with black wheels, RBC and black trim and running boards - for lack of the proper name.

In my opinion Rapid blue is too subdued. I've never seen the AO in person, but the Sebring Orange was very much alive and bright as is the Torch red. Torch red has orange in it and Sebring Orange had yellow in it I believe.

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
I prefer the torch red over the RM. It, RB & AO were my three color choices. I like how "red" the TR is and it looks great with black wheels, RBC and black trim and running boards - for lack of the proper name.

Yeah my current ideal build will be the black ground effect kit, black trident wheels, and the carbon flash nacelles/roof.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.