You guys are something else, being on this forum will keep me so entertained as I painfully watch most of you enjoy your C8's while I dream of owning mine, and hoping my ON dealer (cross province ordering) will keep getting decent allocations and moving me along the list so I can have the car by next summer. In the meantime, the color struggle will stay real. And @CamsC8 I cannot stop staring at that beautiful car of yours, looks so nice with those rims and the black top, really makes the orange stand out while looking exotic.

You guys are something else, being on this forum will keep me so entertained as I painfully watch most of you enjoy your C8's while I dream of owning mine, and hoping my ON dealer (cross province ordering) will keep getting decent allocations and moving me along the list so I can have the car by next summer. In the meantime, the color struggle will stay real. And @CamsC8 I cannot stop staring at that beautiful car of yours, looks so nice with those rims and the black top, really makes the orange stand out while looking exotic.
Choose what you like. Just remember, Rapid Blue is the fastest of all the colours!!😜😜
74304769-C509-4104-A9E9-CB9AA90DF52C.jpeg

CamsC8’s rims are nice. Just imagine….

Choose what you like. Just remember, Rapid Blue is the fastest of all the colours!!😜😜View attachment 86329
CamsC8’s rims are nice. Just imagine….
Oh Sweet Jesus, that RB is nice !!! Sooooooo difficult to choose between the pastels. Not sure if RB is the fastest, but it sure is one of the loudest !! Those stock rims have got to go @JohnP, maybe buy Cam's same rims, look alike in different shade. Going to put your image and Cam's next to each other just to drive me nuts !!

So many questions, but here are the obvious ones:

How the heck were you able to figure you lowered the car exactly 9mm, and more importantly, doesn't a front lift negate the possibility of lowering ?

I also read that while the Z51 comes with coilovers, not a good idea to touch the ride height based on factory calibration (if not taking front lift else no front coilovers present).

Where are you getting the calipers powder coated ? Was thinking to ask the dealer to get it done prior to taking possession since I would not know how to remove them and get it done myself (they will look awesome in orange) !!!

Agreed on the HG, slick color, just not sure if I would get bored of it after a while, versus RB, AO, RM that pop more.

So many answers...

The tech who lowered my car took a multitude of measurements at each corner when we were adjusting the coilover suspension. I'm a non Z51 car but do have the standalone magnetic ride with adjustable collars/perches.

No front lift.

Not sure where I'll get the powder coating done but I do like the idea of having the dealership take the calipers off for me then taking them in to get coated. I also have a lift in my garage so maybe it's possible on my own...yikes!

Reactions: Nik
OK, you have my curiosity. I am late to the CCF party (joined recently), so getting to know you guys. I looked up CAMMARI to see if it stood for something, but guessing there is a story behind this nickname. Care to explain ?
No, Jack is just being silly. Last thing I'd do is copy a Ferrari

Please, for the love of God, stop saying "Pastel's"....
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I wrote it as pastels above and without the apostrophe, but just to be clear I am talking about RB vs AO, and at least in my opinion, those 2 colors are pastels (not pastel's), no flake, light color.

Anyhow, the more important point to get at here is whether or not you own a racoon as a pet (inquiring minds want to know) ?

Who are you ordering from?

You'll love the car. I've come from 911s and I'm not looking back.

As for the Stance SF07's... contact James at Motorsports LA as he can do loads of different finishes. They landed in Canada for around $3k duties and taxes in.

@CamsC8 as you can see, I am in Quebec, but did not even dare try to put a deposit down over here. The last time I walked into a huge, brand new Chevrolet dealer close to my house, they were more concerned about serving the couple there interested in an SUV, than allowing me to look at their inventory of stored C8's (from over the winter). Showed on the sales guy's face that I was bothering him. On top of that, seeing that they only had 4 cars stored there over the winter, made me realize they probably only receive between 1-2 cars max per month. No thanks. Then I discovered Morgan (Cars & Crosbie) on YouTube, and decided to go with him (Finch) based on his knowledge of the car but also the aftermarket options (rims, trim, etc). My only challenge with the whole experience so far is that, trying to find out my ranking is like pulling teeth. From what I understand, their focus is the top 20 spots, where they prep the orders from #20 down, and then once at #10, make the orders official. So guys like me, that keep asking every month what spot I am in, eventually gets annoying (I get it) because whether I am #78 (where I started) or #70 three months later, changes nothing for them, and I guess for me. The thing is, I need to know that number, makes me feel like I am getting closer, so just wish I could get my ranking more regularly. I guess I will just have to hunker down and find some patience in all this. Would love to guesstimate whether it will be summer or fall '22 based on their monthly deliveries.

I was considering the 992, but it is way more expensive than the C8. Was never a super fan of Porsche styling, until the 992 came along. But the C8 checks way more boxes for much less.

Thanks for the rim info, will keep it in mind, although the SF07 only seem to go to 20", I am looking for a 20"/21" setup, which Morgan (dealer guy) has done with his car. My Avanti 22's on my dropped Atlas (coilovers) came from Discount Tire Direct, so might try them too. Used to have it drop shipped to a port forwarding place close to my house at the US border, but crossing the border now is not easy with all the rules in place, so will see when the time comes, want to avoid shipping them here, will cost a mint in brokerage and shipping (usually free to the US).

@CamsC8 as you can see, I am in Quebec, but did not even dare try to put a deposit down over here. The last time I walked into a huge, brand new Chevrolet dealer close to my house, they were more concerned about serving the couple there interested in an SUV, than allowing me to look at their inventory of stored C8's (from over the winter). Showed on the sales guy's face that I was bothering him. On top of that, seeing that they only had 4 cars stored there over the winter, made me realize they probably only receive between 1-2 cars max per month. No thanks. Then I discovered Morgan (Cars & Crosbie) on YouTube, and decided to go with him (Finch) based on his knowledge of the car but also the aftermarket options (rims, trim, etc). My only challenge with the whole experience so far is that, trying to find out my ranking is like pulling teeth. From what I understand, their focus is the top 20 spots, where they prep the orders from #20 down, and then once at #10, make the orders official. So guys like me, that keep asking every month what spot I am in, eventually gets annoying (I get it) because whether I am #78 (where I started) or #70 three months later, changes nothing for them, and I guess for me. The thing is, I need to know that number, makes me feel like I am getting closer, so just wish I could get my ranking more regularly. I guess I will just have to hunker down and find some patience in all this. Would love to guesstimate whether it will be summer or fall '22 based on their monthly deliveries.

I was considering the 992, but it is way more expensive than the C8. Was never a super fan of Porsche styling, until the 992 came along. But the C8 checks way more boxes for much less.

Thanks for the rim info, will keep it in mind, although the SF07 only seem to go to 20", I am looking for a 20"/21" setup, which Morgan (dealer guy) has done with his car. My Avanti 22's on my dropped Atlas (coilovers) came from Discount Tire Direct, so might try them too. Used to have it drop shipped to a port forwarding place close to my house at the US border, but crossing the border now is not easy with all the rules in place, so will see when the time comes, want to avoid shipping them here, will cost a mint in brokerage and shipping (usually free to the US).
I personally think the 20/21 setup is too large on the C8. Wish you could see my car offsets and stance in person...

New photos of Amplify Orange! First two in the shade...

FB_IMG_1630548571146.jpg

FB_IMG_1630548575500.jpg

FB_IMG_1630548580317.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Neils

You didn't consider Bill Spencer Chevrolet in Cobourg? I only ask since they sell a LOT more C8s than Finch (no offense to Morgan, he's a great guy), and are a forum sponsor. Plus, Cobourg would be a lot closer to you as well.

• Agree
Reactions: CamsC8 and Gilles27
Oh Sweet Jesus, that RB is nice !!! Sooooooo difficult to choose between the pastels. Not sure if RB is the fastest, but it sure is one of the loudest !! Those stock rims have got to go @JohnP, maybe buy Cam's same rims, look alike in different shade. Going to put your image and Cam's next to each other just to drive me nuts !!
I have my own dilemma. Do I bother with cosmetic appearance or do I bide my time while I wait for my Z06? I hope there’s a sweet looking purple available for it.

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I wrote it as pastels above and without the apostrophe, but just to be clear I am talking about RB vs AO, and at least in my opinion, those 2 colors are pastels (not pastel's), no flake, light color.

Anyhow, the more important point to get at here is whether or not you own a racoon as a pet (inquiring minds want to know) ?
No I don't own a "racoon". If The City would let me then yes, I would own a "Raccoon"...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Neils and pozi240
Me again (some will say for the love of God just let it rest Neil). So the battle of the pastels rages on (yes pastels Raccoon), RB vs AO. What about the interiors for these 2 colours. I have to admit that I love the natural look, so beautiful, so rich, so exotic looking. While natural could work with RB, what about with AO ?? Some would say no way, does not match, clashes. I care to challenge that. In fact, in the story below, the last 2020 off the assembly line was built in SO with ND interior and sent off to auction, good enough for GM & auction, good enough for me. I'm trying to convince myself Natural over Grey if AO wins my heart !! Even tougher decision if RB wins me over, as that TB interior is just wow.

Your thoughts ?

Attachments

• 8425_p10_l.jpg
    8425_p10_l.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 8425_p11_l.jpg
    8425_p11_l.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 8425_p13_l.jpg
    8425_p13_l.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20200830_120816.jpg
    IMG_20200830_120816.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 3625a4eb_41a0_425d_b64d_00a2fe30338f_1467f97c79fb42a65e0cfbbbdea5b3539dfe35cc (1).jpeg
    3625a4eb_41a0_425d_b64d_00a2fe30338f_1467f97c79fb42a65e0cfbbbdea5b3539dfe35cc (1).jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2020_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_1610002644bf353ebc82020_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_16095493...jpeg
    2020_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_1610002644bf353ebc82020_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_16095493...jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Last-2020-Corvette-1.jpeg
    Last-2020-Corvette-1.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Last-2020-Corvette-3.jpeg
    Last-2020-Corvette-3.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 13
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.