We didn't have a body... A plywood seat and a steering wheel mounted to a shovel handle. A 1/4 inch nylon rope through a pulley from each axle and wound in opposite directions around the shovel handle with the ends nailed. It was great technology as we steered just like a regular car... until the rope stretched too much...lol... We didn't have brakes either...

Well lets do another interactive thing. Assume these four racers are Canadian and they all became successful Indy/Stock/Sprint car drivers. Whose names would you put on these four young folks.

I will go first but really want to hear yours.

Western Canada's Billy Foster who many claim was the first Canadian driver at Indy. Foster raced there in the 1960's (I think there was another in the 30's or 40's but will have to find who it was). Foster lost his life in a NASCAR practice run at Riverside International in 1967. He was an outstanding driver. Billy's cousin is music legend David Foster.

Staying with the Western Canada theme another would be Eldon Rasmussen. I like Eldon because he drove Indy cars, sprint cars, supermodifieds , stock cars and he built a lot of his own racers.

Another would be Scott Goodyear, a classy guy who seemed to have bad luck follow him around. He raced Indy cars but also ventured out into endurance racers.

Villeneuve. See how I cheated there.:Biggrin: Gilles or either one of the Jacques will do however one was certain more successful than the other.

We have had and still have some great racing drivers in Canada. Favourites? Lets see your captions for this picture.

tumblr_nff3kySNEO1shkrsbo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I’m curious as to why the green coloured Kart has a slick on the left front while the right front is treaded. Hmm. And the slick looks like it’s going to shred pretty quick too.

The kid on the far left could be Patrick Carpentier,then Greg Moore and maybe Paul Tracy.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
One day I am going to take my motorcycle and jump it right over a bunch of buses or maybe a fountain. Maybe even the Grand Canyon. Yes sir I have ambitions.

View attachment 14974

When I was a kid I was pushing a friend down the street in his rope steer go cart as fast as we could go. One rope came loose. The cart made a hard left. My arms made a hard left and my forehead was the first thing to hit the cement. A huge goose egg came up almost instantly. Of course I got run to the doctor to get checked out. Thick skulls have their advantages. Other than black and blue, I was OK. If I ever come across as weird, blame that incident and pity me. ;)

When I was a kid I was pushing a friend down the street in his rope steer go cart as fast as we could go. One rope came loose. The cart made a hard left. My arms made a hard left and my forehead was the first thing to hit the cement. A huge goose egg came up almost instantly. Of course I got run to the doctor to get checked out. Thick skulls have their advantages. Other than black and blue, I was OK. If I ever come across as weird, blame that incident and pity me. ;)

"IF...... ".... hahahahaha..... Just kidding Keith... ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.